Anyone here joined the National Bike Challenge?

Come to think of it PETA must stand for puppies eating tasty animals, right?
BTW, I just jumped on a grenade for the team. I commuted to work on the Grey Ghost and the rain started about three hours before it was supposed to this afternoon.
So I had the pleasure of riding home in the rain. Had to change into dry pants when I got home and I've got the little space heater under my desk cranked up cuz' I'm such a weenie.
But it's all good. Trouble is it's supposed to rain cats and dogs tonight and tomorrow, so I have to make a round of phone calls to get one of my neighbors to take me to church tomorrow.
Go Team EBR!
Allen

Ok Allen, your the Man. Don't get sick now riding in the rain .
Yes, I got into some rain today too.

Ok, Brambor , and JR, I am letting you know that I kicked out of Low Range today, and will be after you guys now.
I did 45 miles today. Not all at one time, like you guys do. But I put the normal 25 miles on the Schwinn this morning. And was trying to put on 25 miles on the GenZe this afternoon . But got about 10 miles from home and I could see this WALL of rain where I was going to go. So I put my tail between my legs and truned around, and put the GenZe in number 5 and headed for home. Got hit by the leading edge of the storm, but not real bad. I did get in 20 miles. The most on the GenZe so far. Not enough in the battery to try tomorrow , so will try again Monday .
I know you guys put that many miles on all at one time. I used to be able to ride 40 to 60 miles at one time. But that was 10 years ago. Now at 62 instead of 52 it is not so easy. Things are just wearing out.
I have an appointment with the saw bones Tuesday , to see what he thinks about my left leg. But if I let him do anything it will not be to after September ! You guys will not get rid of me till then.
Lets Go Team. We are going backwards again. Seems like no matter how many miles we put on, they keep passing us:
Pedal , pedal, Pedal! Mush you Huskies, Mush! Keep looking up! Ken.

Hey Ken M:
I'm doing my part. I just found out how to check my local stats. I'm number one in Falls Village, Connecticut. (Of course I'm the only registered rider in my village of 1,287 souls.)
In the state of Connecticut, we have 704 riders registered in the National Bike Challenge, and I'm number 35; not too shabby, eh? That pumped me up so much, I called my Mom to tell her. She wasn't surprised; she always knew I was special. :)
Go Team EBR!
Allen

We took the Ferry from Portland to Bailey island and biked back to Portland. 43 miles later the trip was completed.

Attachments

• Rene from ferry - low(2).jpg
    Rene from ferry - low(2).jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 265
Ok Allen. That puts you on the top of things!

Brambor , it looks like you were the star of the show.
That looks like a fun time of putting miles on. Good for you.
Keep looking up! Ken.

Thank you Allen. Because of you I was able to find out why I could not get my community to show up. Now I have got it.
Sebastian , fl. has over 34,000 souls , 11 riders in the challenge
I am number 2.
The state of Fl. has over 2,500 riders in the challenge. I am number 19. Not to bad for a broken up old dude.
Thank you again Allen. By the time this challenge is done I might be able to know how to do things on here.
Come on Team, I see we lost another spot. Pedal , pedal, Pedal
Giddy up Go Team! Ken.

Wowzer Ken, you are truly rocking it down there in Florida. Great job.
It's on again, off again rain here, and when it rains it pours, eh?
To wit, the closed bridge at the end of my road is now barricaded while they replace it. So my one-mile ride to my favorite AA meeting is now nine miles. And no one I have leaned on for a ride in the past was going to tonight's meeting. I really wanted to make it though, so I rode in the (light) rain. 'Twas well worth it.
Thankfully, the Grey Ghost—my Optibike Pioneer Allroad—has well-sealed electrics (unlike my previous (and first) eBike). We had no troubles, and—while it rained pretty heavily during the meeting—it eased up before I had to head back to my cottage. By that time it was just a wet road and spitting rain.
So, as always, I have a lot to be thankful for. Fair warning to my team-mates; I've already got nine miles in on this fresh week, and tomorrow's WX augurs well for eBiking to work.
Go Team EBR!
Allen

OK Allen, Good for you! Keep safe out there ! All of the Team needs to watch out for themselves ! The car drivers sure don't!

I see Power Me is moving on up again. Good for you Power Me
Power to the Team! Yea Team! Ken.

OK Team, Today is the last day of the month, lets Giddy up Go! And get some miles in, don't forget to log all your lost miles you forgot about . Pedal, pedal, Pedal !! Team EBR !
Keep looking up! Ken.

I guess Brambor is our Captain, but Ken you are most certainly running the cheerleading squad.
FWIW, after commuting on the Grey Ghost yesterday, I went out last night and did the 4.5 mile end-to-ender on my road (the WX was that nice).
Since I rode in to work today, I just went to the NBC website and logged in my half-of-a-commute. If I survive the ride home, I'll log the other half at suppertime.
Ken's right; let's kick a** and take names (God willing and the creek don't rise).
Go Team EBR!
Allen

Awww, that's sweet. You guys could commute together if you had the same work hours. Now I'm going to picture Mrs. B. sitting on the handlebars of your ebike while you pedal the both of you to work.

bike.JPG

13miles is a long ride to work, and back. I will pray for good weather and a safe ride .
Leader, smeader . If it was not for you Brambor , I would not even be here. I just ride around . Got the longest moring ride it this moring, 35 miles on the Schwinn . Might get rained out tonight. But I thought that last night too. The rain stopped around 6:30, so I went out on the GenZe, and what a great ride. It was only 75*, cloudy, not many cars on the road, would of been the perfect time to get the first 25 mile ride on the GenZe, but I had no way to tell my wife that I would be gone for two hours in stead of one. So got the usual 15 miles. BUT not one drop of sweat on my brow! Now that never happens !
Log them miles, Team EBR! Ken.

Back