Any review or experience of EWind Fold-It bike?

Bill de Mooy

EWind Fold-It bike

Looks interesting but is it good?

found it at www.citecycles.com/ewing-fold.html

One major concern I have is theft. Should I purchase an e-bike, am I constantly fretting about the jerks in this world stealing it while I go shopping or enjoying a meal inside a restaurant? I avoid buying expensive bikes because no matter how good the locks, 'slimers' cut the locks or strip the bike. Too many sad stories from people I know.

Please tell me how you have peace of mind.

Bill the worrier

Part two of your questions: I don't even own a lock. I would not even use a lock if I had one, because I won't leave my bike alone in public for a minute. It's either with me or inside my house.

Otherwise it WILL disappear.

Steve the worrier (except being realistic doesn't really qualify you as a worrier!)

Thanks Steve but do you not use your bike to meet someone for a lunch or do shopping errands? Do you arrange to eat only where you can see your bike or have it next to you? I'm mentally figuring out a lifestyle involving an electric bike or, more likely, a folding e bike.

Bill the realistic worrier

Thanks Steve but do you not use your bike to meet someone for a lunch or do shopping errands? Do you arrange to eat only where you can see your bike or have it next to you? I'm mentally figuring out a lifestyle involving an electric bike or, more likely, a folding e bike.

Bill the realistic worrier
Bill, welcome to EBR community!

I generally don't have many situations that cause me concern when I leave the bike. That doesn't mean I don't ride, I ride most everyday. Pick your parking spot! When I'm in the downtown area I lockup my ride in a rack at the courthouse and the sheriffs department that handles the security there has a camera directly over the bike rack. Pick a secure place and use the best lock you can, two if need be. Check your homeowners insurance policy, most cover bicycles for no additional cost.

Try not to worry, enjoy what you ride! Don't let the cold cruel world dictate to you what you can and can't do. Last but not least; if you don't need a folding bike, don't buy it for the "just in case". Just my personal opinion, but most folding ebikes don't do any one thing well. The ones that do are much more expensive than the one you note. Generally you sacrifice something for a bike that won't fold very small and will still be heavy. Figure how you will use an ebike 9 of 10 times and buy that style of bike.

Good luck to you and we look forward to hearing more from you!

And if you do want a folder, you might look at court's review of the e-joe epik, which i think retails for $1550 US.

Thanks Steve but do you not use your bike to meet someone for a lunch or do shopping errands?

Many shops let you take your bike right inside with you. I will never ride somewhere to go inside unless that is the case.

By the way, locking the bike up under sheriff's dept surveillance is a clever idea!

Thanks J.R., flipper, and Steve (again). I like that idea of locking up where there are security cameras. I'll ask about places that will allow bikes in. I'll check the e-joe epic. And I will be sure the folding bike options is truly what I want to get into or not. I'm weighing the benefits of hopping on our local elevated "skytrain" with a bike, keeping it inside my car's trunk out of sight, carrying it inside a condo (restrictions about bikes in hallways due to carpet damage) and easier, more secure, in-suite storage versus underground bike lockers.

Bill - If you're looking for a folding ebike, consider this one.
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I just recently bought mine about 1 week ago. It's a full size bike with dual suspension, disk brakes, 300 watt brushless geared rear hub that runs on a 36v lithium battery. It easily folds in half and fits inside the trunk of my Ford Focus. It is very well built and constructed and the ride is very well balance due to the weight distribution thru out the bike. I paid only $755 with a $20 off coupon code shipped to my door. It's an awesome looking bike and I get asked about it all the time!

Regarding locks for your bike, I use a U shape lock as some protection is better than nothing. The cool thing about this Cemoto folding bike is it has a key lock on the battery so no one can steal it. I go shopping, eat at restaurants with my ebike often and haven't had it stolen yet. A thieve has to have a big bolt cutter on hand to be able to cut my lock. Otherwise, I feel safe with my bike locked up.

Bill - If you're looking for a folding ebike, consider this one.
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I just recently bought mine about 1 week ago. It's a full size bike with dual suspension, disk brakes, 300 watt brushless geared rear hub that runs on a 36v lithium battery. It easily folds in half and fits inside the trunk of my Ford Focus. It is very well built and constructed and the ride is very well balance due to the weight distribution thru out the bike. I paid only $755 with a $20 off coupon code shipped to my door. It's an awesome looking bike and I get asked about it all the time!

Regarding locks for your bike, I use a U shape lock as some protection is better than nothing. The cool thing about this Cemoto folding bike is it has a key lock on the battery so no one can steal it. I go shopping, eat at restaurants with my ebike often and haven't had it stolen yet. A thieve has to have a big bolt cutter on hand to be able to cut my lock. Otherwise, I feel safe with my bike locked up.

"lithium power allows you to fold the bike in half" ...

...amazing the strength those lithium batteries give you!

Back