Any RadMini people out there

Nice job on the fender fix. I have the fenders made for the RadMini. Other than having to fix one of the pre-drilled holes (it was off by maybe 1/8 of an inch) mine went on fine and have been solid.
Yeah I just bit the bullet for something made for the bike. I think ideally they should be included however for the price compared to many ebikes I was okay with it. It does have a nicely done cutout for the bike chain as well. I've ridden through highly flooded paths worried about splashing and possibly getting the controller or something wet but it was fine. Not sure if it would be the same story without the fenders but again I ordered them with the bike so I have no idea.

I was able to upgrade my front LED light with new components and still utilize the ability to turn it on and off with the native buttons/display. Requires some basic soldering wiring stripping skills but that's it really

Here are the parts I used:

- 10w LED chip (purchased from this seller) - (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
- Adjustable power supply (also purchased from this seller) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/10X-Re-DC-D...520202?hash=item33bedd834a:g:UZsAAOSwknJX05VB

Found a DIY page to confirm what parts I needed then didn't refer back to it after I got the parts so I don't remember which site I used

Now do note I used an older metal bike lamp that I found at a local bike shop selling used parts. This LED GETS HOT! I dialed it down since I don't have a proper heatsink to mount on the back of the LED for now but still is a HUGE upgrade. I was okay if I messed up because it was cheap for 10 pcs per part.

So far not noticing any dropping of battery life or anything strange. I was riding home once from the grocery store and it got really dark by the time I was heading home. The stock LED front lamp did nothing for visibility. I live in Michigan so pot holes are plenty through every road that hasn't been newly added that year. On roads or trails that are not well lit at night the stock light is not suitable for so I went out to find a solution that would work and be stronger than the previous while still being able to turn it on from the "handlebar dash" buttons or whatever you call them.

I've had my Radmini for 2 weeks now and Love It!
Couple problems, almost lost my kickstand on the 1st ride. Waiting for new hardware from Rad.
Lost power on a ride and finally figured out the main cable to the display got pulled apart by just a little.
Here's my 1st additions, a new bar and light, works great.
20170510_191200_zpsxla9cidb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• 20170510_191200.jpg
    20170510_191200.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 1,770
I have changed the pedals to MTB flats. They do not fold but do provide positive contact, no slipping off the pedals.

Has anyone installed a suspension seatpost or dropper seat post?

New mini owner -- fantastic bike. Added a few things (some with the help of Adamm Jarvis' excellent review of his Rover updates on youtube) -- mirror, pump, frame bag, rack bag, usb lights, phone holder, sprung seatpost. That's enough for now. Most proud though of my addition of 3/4" water pipe foam lagging at the points on frame and rack where it contacts when you fold up. Works great, and is black so matches my bike.

Oh and a U lock. STOP!

Damn I have a hitch rack on the way...

20170519_152441-2016x1512.jpg

New to forum just testing some pics out this is my bike with new seat and post really makes for nice ride!!

Attachments

• 20170519_152459-2016x1512.jpg
    20170519_152459-2016x1512.jpg
    585.4 KB · Views: 705
@chrisgreenup, wonderful to see your setup, surf board and all! A lot more practical than the regular bike setups I saw people using in Maui a bunch of years ago. Where do you surf and ride?

@Andre Reid, check that the pads on those rear brakes aren't rubbing and try cleaning the rotor with some rubbing alcohol and use some fine grit sandpaper on the rotor and pads. Oil and some wet road junk can contaminate the pads making them squeaky; however, cleaning those components can help remove some glaze as the pads & rotor break in.

@chrisgreenup, wonderful to see your setup, surf board and all! A lot more practical than the regular bike setups I saw people using in Maui a bunch of years ago. Where do you surf and ride?
Hey Ann we are in Encinitas San Diego bike works great with board rack go for a surf then to the brewery perfect day!@@

Just got my RadMini a couple of days ago (no real miles yet) which I will use in conjunction with my campervan as I travel the backroads in North America.
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Just got my RadMini a couple of days ago (no real miles yet) which I will use in conjunction with my campervan as I travel the backroads in North America.

Awesome setup!!

Did you cut the Mr Tuffy liners? Or did you overlap the entire length? Also, do you still fill the tire to the psi stated on the tire with the liner or adjust accordingly? Thank you very much.

I have changed the pedals to MTB flats. They do not fold but do provide positive contact, no slipping off the pedals.

Has anyone installed a suspension seatpost or dropper seat post?
went for the Thudbuster LT they have it on special now for $104 shipped. it's one the best ones out there for the money retail on it is $150. i will post pics when installed.

Back