Any RadMini people out there

Encountered this RadMini out in the wilds of West Seattle on Friday night.

Attachments

• IMG_20170120_194105.jpg
    IMG_20170120_194105.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,244
Hey, sorry. Haven't checked in here in a while. My light is a Lumintrail LTC-50 800 Lumen off Amazon. Hope this helps.

BTW, in case any of you radmini people need to find your frame serial number (for insurance for example), it is stamped on the front fork right behind the basket. Can't guarantee it, but it probably starts with HZ00N (I believe that would be the manufacturers' code and radmini style). Then 4 digits showing yr and month; then 3 digits showing serial...of course those last three could be date and one digit serial (assuming they never make more than 10 in one day).

Hello All You Radminites~

Just ordered my RM in White and looking forward to its delivery. I was disappointed the fenders are out of stock but will look to get those on order as soon as I am able. My wife and I have a tandem beach cruiser we use very frequently (live in Huntington Beach, Ca) and have ordered a electric bike kit that should be delivered anytime. We also RV a lot and I purchased this bike in order to test it out to see if we will like it for our RV adventures (tandem is just to much to handle loading and unloading). I was reluctant to buy two from the start...but I must say reading everyone's comments here help with my decision to give it a try. So, thanks to you all and I will look forward to my new adventure on my RadMini. I must say another reason for this choice was the versatility and ability to use it for local errands...working from home and in there area presents multiple aportunities to use this bike instead of my truck or car. May the adventure begin...

Hello All You Radminites~

Just ordered my RM in White and looking forward to its delivery. I was disappointed the fenders are out of stock but will look to get those on order as soon as I am able. My wife and I have a tandem beach cruiser we use very frequently (live in Huntington Beach, Ca) and have ordered a electric bike kit that should be delivered anytime. We also RV a lot and I purchased this bike in order to test it out to see if we will like it for our RV adventures (tandem is just to much to handle loading and unloading). I was reluctant to buy two from the start....

I almost ordered one for my wife as well. Glad I didn't. I love my RM, but I must say for me there are some issues that make it less than easy to ride. Like starting/stopping. Getting on/off. We are both almost 60, and overweight. I don't think my wife would accept these bike issues, and would probably give up on it. So, I am looking for an easier bike for her, with step through and regular size tires. Most likely a Magnum Premium Low Step. So, have your wife give it a try, and if she likes it - Great! If not, there are other folding bikes that may work better for her.

I almost ordered one for my wife as well. Glad I didn't. I love my RM, but I must say for me there are some issues that make it less than easy to ride...

I love this bike, as well. After miles of mixed MTB trail, path, and city cycling, my biggest request to the make the mini easier to ride is a front suspension. I hope Rad Power considers that for a future upgrade.

I've been riding this bike since December and I've yet to meet another e-biker. This is the first electric bike most walkers and cyclists have ever seen in my area, and because the mini is so unusual looking, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Probably Rad Rover or other more "normal" looking ebikes don't get the looks of shock or awe that I have. I get a lot of positive comments from casual cyclists, but mixed reactions from the MTB elite crowd -- head shakes or "Oh no, an ebike!" there goes the neighborhood type of comments. I've quickly learned that I need to be *more* courteous than the average biker because of that first impression factor. I slow it down to 5mph or less when sharing a path with walkers and I am avoiding popular MTB trails. Right now, I have the freedom to hit any path or trail I want, but I fear that once bikes like this become popular with "punks", they will get a lot of hate and more restrictive legislation.

The Sunlite XL Cruiser's do feel a bit heavy, but they feel solid.

The neighborhood streets I use for my commute are generally clean, but I do ride through 2 days of trash pickup, so they can get a bit messy on those days. The Sunlites give me a little more confidence on those days riding through dirty streets. I bought and installed the full fenders from radpowerbikes, but I haven't had time to go riding with them.

Sang
I really need to post some pics

I would love too see some photos of that. i have been wondering if those tires would actually fit for a while now. nice to know someone else had success with it.

I almost ordered one for my wife as well. Glad I didn't. I love my RM, but I must say for me there are some issues that make it less than easy to ride. Like starting/stopping. Getting on/off. We are both almost 60, and overweight. I don't think my wife would accept these bike issues, and would probably give up on it. So, I am looking for an easier bike for her, with step through and regular size tires. Most likely a Magnum Premium Low Step. So, have your wife give it a try, and if she likes it - Great! If not, there are other folding bikes that may work better for her.
Thanks for the input Doug...I almost ordered two to get the 200.00 off but didn't want to pressure my wife into having to ride it if it isn't really a fit for her. Let us know what your wife ends up selecting.

Thanks for the input Doug...I almost ordered two to get the 200.00 off but didn't want to pressure my wife into having to ride it if it isn't really a fit for her. Let us know what your wife ends up selecting.
Ditto,, my 70yo wife needs a step thru, but I don't think 500 watts is enuff for the hills here.

Hello fellow Radminites!

I just received my Radmini last week and have tinkered and adjusted a few things over the week. Now at 40 miles on the odometer. Thanks to this forum the few tweaks came easy in the settings menu at least to choose from.

I'm curious and wondering what the Everyday Carry (EDC) is for Radmini owners, ESPECIALLY those who use it for daily commute but not biased. Along with pictures of the bags, saddles, panniers, bottle carriers or whatever else you strap onto your Radmini to make it the travel mule it is. I'll post pictures soon of what I have so far, which I plan on a lot more later but essentially I have one bag that straps to the front and helps keeps the cables from protruding out so much and keeps some zip ties, the toolkit it came with, and a small towel to wipe down brakes, battery terminals, and screen when raining.

A modification I have made is for the fenders that Radpower Bikes now offers for the Radmini. Hope @mbirds knows about these now since he is a huge reason why this forum was exciting to find people who also own Radmini's and the modifications they make to them.

The modification has to do with the front fender. The back fender is solid with no rattling but I found the front fender to wobble while riding and make A LOT of noise and kind of sounded "cheap" if that makes any sense. I saw that the fender comes right up to where the light mount on the front cargo rack is which has a little indent. Will post pictures but I drilled 2 holes to slip in an included black zip tie and totally fixed the rattling and wobble that was happening which also raises the fender a bit for more tire clearance.

One issue I had also with the front fender prior to the mod was when I used the mini for fat tire trail riding purposes (so more rigorous off road riding than regular commute) I bent the thin L bracket that holds the mid portion of the fender. I ended up just forcing it back but it's definitely not L shaped anymore hah.

Got our RadMinis last night. Fired up the white one this morning for a mile or so ride around the neighborhood...how fun!

BTW, ours came with Kenda tires. One of the boxes was beat up but other than a small scratch on the left front fork dropout all seems to be good.

Here is the video of the front fender wobble fix I did. Real easy.
2 holes drilled with a zip tie where the light mount is on the front rack.

Nice job on the fender fix. I have the fenders made for the RadMini. Other than having to fix one of the pre-drilled holes (it was off by maybe 1/8 of an inch) mine went on fine and have been solid.

BTW, ours came with Kenda tires. One of the boxes was beat up but other than a small scratch on the left front fork dropout all seems to be good.

Yes mine came with Kenda tires as well. Is this any different than the ones that were having issues earlier in this thread? Would be great if I didn't have to worry about getting Mr Tuffy or other tires all together however will likely get flat city slicks for city commute during summer.

Back