Any interest in committing to pre-launch price for a limited run hard tail superbike ? Round One Pricing added- through April 11th.

I will commit to buying a Watt Wagons super bike at this special pre-launch price

• $5,499

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • $5,699

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • $5,899

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@pushkar have you done any testing with the new controller and the Rohloff? I keep seeing claims that even the stock ultra can be too much power and damage the hub. One of the reviewers of the UCP noted the concern and that he wanted to drop it down to 750W for fear of causing damage.

@pushkar have you done any testing with the new controller and the Rohloff? I keep seeing claims that even the stock ultra can be too much power and damage the hub. One of the reviewers of the UCP noted the concern and that he wanted to drop it down to 750W for fear of causing damage.
Yes. I have ridden the rohloff with 1000w for over a year. Some of our customers have done as well.

Yes. The design will accommodate up to 3 inch tires.
We ship them with tubes but they are tubeless ready - I.e. they have tape and are ready to go.

Nice. I hate tubeless for a commuter, but wheel support from the factory will benefit the few that want to swap.

I've heard good things about Tannus Armour for off road but not sure how well they work for commuters. I picked up a pair for my MTB but haven't had a chance to test.

I've heard good things about Tannus Armour for off road but not sure how well they work for commuters. I picked up a pair for my MTB but haven't had a chance to test.
A couple of our customers have used it with good results.

Yes. The design will accommodate up to 3 inch tires.
We ship them with tubes but they are tubeless ready - I.e. they have tape and are ready to go.
I thought a few pages back it said 27.5x3 was standard, was that just talking about the fork? with such a heavy powerful bike 2.8-3" seems more suitable.

I thought a few pages back it said 27.5x3 was standard, was that just talking about the fork? with such a heavy powerful bike 2.8-3" seems more suitable.
Oh.. apologies for the confusion.

I am making the frame compliant with up to a 27.5x3 inch wheel - so you can also do 29x2.2 inch wheel on it.

The bike will ship with schwalbe supermoto-x 2.4 inch - the same ones we have on the UC Pro. Rides really well with the 35mm rims.

Is there a reason why you chose 2.4 instead of the 2.8 schwalbe?

We use those on the UC Pro at the moment. It is proven for long distance commuting, and flexible across multiple terrains. It offers lower rolling resistance, has greenguard for better puncture protection, black reflex for night time safety.

Having just done a "what tire for me" at the 27.5+ size, I agree the Super-Motos are a good choice if you're mostly on-road, with hard-pack for any off-road excursions. What Pushkar says about the 2.4's having the more puncture resistant "GreenGuard" instead of "RaceGuard" and having black reflex is true (see https://www.schwalbetires.com/bike_tires/road_tires/super-moto-x and open the triangles for details).

However, I personally like wider tires. They're more comfortable since you run them at a lower PSI. In this case, the 2.8s are actually lighter (910g vs 1125g) than the 2.4s, probably due to the GreenGuard protection. If you do more off-road riding wider tires can be helpful there as well. Finally, I also find wider tires are simply more fun to ride. At the end of the day, tires are a personal choice and what works best for you will depend on where and how you ride.

My view is that for commuting, the 2.4s will win hands down. Note that the regular R&M SuperCharger comes with 2.4 Super-Motos, but the GX version comes with Rock Razors. Those are also 2.4" wide, but that bike isn't a 27.5+.

I'd like a tire that works well on pavement, gravel roads, and pathways. I realize that a 'jack of all trades' tire will be a compromise, but I want to be able to ride over a variety of terrains.

These are the specs for the Exess bike in the que
  • Schwalbe Nobby Nic
  • Snakeskin, TLE, Appex, Folding Tire
  • 27.5 x 3" (650B)
  • Addix Speedgrip

Not sure if he is using that one in his version, but it seems that one one would work for you ?

Plus the supermoto X’s aren’t easy to run tubeless. I don’t mind swapping the tire myself though. I know it rides great on the street, but I have a gravelly dirt hill and sometimes sand over our trails after rain.

I was able to wait til the weekend to take that out and plug it.

But as long as the wheels support tubeless not worried about what tire ships.

Last edited:
Back