Any CLASS 3 ebikes with full suspension and belt drive available in the USA?

rbeckert

Region
USA
Looking for full suspension ebike with belt drive similar to CLASS 3 Riese & Mueller DELITE GT VARIO. I am aware of the BULLS VUCA EVO FSX 1 and VUCA EVO AM 2 and the GIANT STORMGUARD E+ and STORMGUARD E+ 2 but these are not available in the USA.

Is anyone aware of any similar ebikes selling in the USA?
524909810741.jpg
01_MY23-Stormguard-E-plus-1_Color-A-Hematite.jpg
2024-04-13 14_54_09-Delite – Athletic in town & country _ Riese & Müller.jpg

The Giant is not Class 3. I haven't heard Yamaha ever made Class 3 motors for Giant.
What makes you think the Bulls would be Class 3 if it is a 25 km/h e-bike in Europe?
R&M Delite or Delite 4 HS is a chain e-bike. I wonder why :)

Last edited:
Generally belt drive and full suspension are a difficult combination. Belts need very high tension to work, and the desirable wheel path for the rear linkage usually varies the chainstay length (unless you do a concentric BB pivot like the old Kona A). Which is why you have to resort to those complicated linkages to keep belt tension as the suspension cycles. I personally think its a solution in search of a problem. Chains aren't that difficult to deal with.

The Giant is not Class 3. I haven't heard Yamaha ever made Class 3 motors for Giant.
What makes you think the Bulls would be Class 3 if it is a 25 km/h e-bike in Europe?
R&M Delite or Delite 4 HS is a chain e-bike. I wonder why :)

Yamaha definitely makes class 3 motors for Giant/Liv and their own bikes. Everything they sell in the US that isn't an emtb is usually class 3. You may be thinking of Shimano, which only does class 1 afiak.

I have no idea what they consider the Stornguard though. US web site doesn't say. The US spec one is chain and standard derailleur, it should be noted.

Name one?

My Revolt E? My wifes Liv Thrive? Definitely class 3. :)

Their current lineup is almost entirely emtbs, but they still sell the Fastroad which is class 3. Glancing at Liv, the current Amiti is class 3.

In the past Giant has had a few other class 3 models (the Revolt E that I own and the Road E being the two main ones, but I think they had a flat bar cruiser style bike aside from the Fastroad that was class 3 too). Giant has definitely let most of their non-emtb lineup lapse over the past few years for whatever reason.

On Yamahas end, their Wabash RT, Civante and Crosscore RC are all class 3.

Back