Allant+7 thoughts/review

At this point Iā€™m going to push for the +7 low step and get a new, adjustable handlebar stem to give her the more upright position she likes. The $500 difference in price more than pays for the CX motor, suspension, tires and the same rack as mine so we can share the same Racktime rack bag.
Did you get the +7 lowstep? Did the handlebars and stem trade outs work? Looking forward to some pics.

Did you get the +7 lowstep? Did the handlebars and stem trade outs work? Looking forward to some pics.
Yes we got the Lowstep, the new stem worked out very well, but we used the existing handlebars.

Attachments

• 215E75A0-C0C2-4D20-B837-0C8DC37ECD37.jpeg
    215E75A0-C0C2-4D20-B837-0C8DC37ECD37.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 510
  • DAC19804-0AEF-4A3F-A3AE-FD8725B433B2.jpeg
    DAC19804-0AEF-4A3F-A3AE-FD8725B433B2.jpeg
    403.4 KB · Views: 515
  • 37222838-44F3-4A77-AAA8-2A050B44E43B.jpeg
    37222838-44F3-4A77-AAA8-2A050B44E43B.jpeg
    714.4 KB · Views: 487
  • F1E7A57A-5CDE-4E7C-B69E-9482CC32092E.jpeg
    F1E7A57A-5CDE-4E7C-B69E-9482CC32092E.jpeg
    816.8 KB · Views: 525
Nice! and keep riding!

Youā€™re done riding until spring ?
I guess not. I decided to try out my Allant+7 on a snowy trail. It was a slushy and somewhat deep (in places) experience with lots of highs and lows. The SCHWALBE G-One tires worked well and overall the Allant (and I) did pretty well for the first time together in snow. We did over 10 miles today, most of it on clear path and street.
6B46365A-F6B9-4819-944A-EF995C82C6F4.jpeg

I guess not. I decided to try out my Allant+7 on a snowy trail. It was a slushy and somewhat deep (in places) experience with lots of highs and lows. The SCHWALBE G-One tires worked well and overall the Allant (and I) did pretty well for the first time together in snow. We did over 10 miles today, most of it on clear path and street.
View attachment 74813
Awesome photo right there!

The allant looks solid in the snow, and those G-One tires always get great reviews and that photo is more proof of why.

Did you have any hand warmers during the ride ?

Awesome photo right there!

The allant looks solid in the snow, and those G-One tires always get great reviews and that photo is more proof of why.

Did you have any hand warmers during the ride ?
We (Allant and I) were generally solid but given the relatively deep slushiness, I was only using the rear brake and being extremely cautious. The section you see in that pic was the worse of it, with downhill sections clearly testing my balance. I was wearing gloves, long underwear, rain pants, helmet liner, and my Columbia Omni-Heat liner from my winter coat. I turned around right after the photo was taken.šŸ˜³
It was definitely sticking to the wheels at times!
329415C2-1BF5-4619-8B2C-4B42FB7DAAA4.jpeg

Last edited:
We (Allant and I) were generally solid but given the relatively deep slushiness, I was only using the rear brake and being extremely cautious. The section you see in that pic was the worse of it, with downhill sections clearly testing my balance. I was wearing gloves, long underwear, rain pants, helmet liner, and my Columbia Omni-Heat liner from my winter coat. I turned around right after the photo was taken.šŸ˜³
It was definitely sticking to the wheels at times!
View attachment 74829
Itā€™s impressive that the allant can handle that slushiness and snow. Iā€™m not surprised though since all the allant models are very well thought out machines.

Canā€™t blame you for turning around at that area in the photo , it does seem very cold, slushy and slippery šŸ„¶.... that being said youā€™re braver than I am riding in that weather. Good to know the G-one schwalbes perform up to their reputation toošŸ‘šŸ‘

Itā€™s impressive that the allant can handle that slushiness and snow. Iā€™m not surprised though since all the allant models are very well thought out machines.

Canā€™t blame you for turning around at that area in the photo , it does seem very cold, slushy and slippery šŸ„¶.... that being said youā€™re braver than I am riding in that weather. Good to know the G-one schwalbes perform up to their reputation toošŸ‘šŸ‘
Well, TBH, I certainly didnā€™t plan on the route being anywhere close to that snowy. Iā€™m sure had I been on fatter tires with lower pressure, it would have been a more stable ride. It was low 40s with lots of wind which is why it was slushy. The worst parts were where the snow was packed and melted on downhill sections and the front tires were sliding a bit. I didnā€™t dare touch my front brakes!šŸ˜³

Definitely remove the battery first. I'd also recommend buying a rack with either wheel "hoops" or wheel ramps. That way you don't have to lift the whole bike at once, you can load one tire than the other. That's how I do it anyway.
Just curious: What bike rack do you have? Thanks!

Folllowing up on my posts about about my Allant 7s skipping....1st not at all happy with the shop! After they worked hard to find answers they called and said it was ready yesterday. I was not able to pick up till today. My usual tech Steve was not in As he said when he called yesterday. The repair was replacing the cassette again. It was worn after 500 miles.

The issue from my side was when I picked up last time for the same issue the 1st time it skipped after they replaced the chain and cassette was it skipped on the 1st ride 2 miles of riding. I rode the bike maybe 6 times and it got worse., still rideable just not fixed correctly. Today I was told they were only going to charge me for the cassette, 33 and change. I was pretty upset since i paid retail for the bike continue to pay every time they service it (why buy local?) but once where I received my free 1 month service and that was the 1st time it skipped! I donā€™t believe they made it skip (maybe they did??) because the part was very worn but if it wasnā€™t fixed the last time it seems the cassette was defective.

I was told the reason was I only rode in the last 2 gears and at 64 years old how to drive a manual shift car. I learned to drive on 62 Falcon 3 in the tree. My response was I knew how to shift but most of my time is in the upper gears on the gorgeous Silver Comet Trail, 3 miles from my house, a relaively flat rails to trails with few stops on my 75 to 103 mile rides, why would I shift so much or use lower gears for take off when I am going along on a ā€œhighwayā€ style trail? Same reason it is on hi power most of the time. ā€œdonā€™t you slow down when near other people.ā€ The answer was yes, usually twice as few other people are out there during retired hours, no reason for excessive shifts. The trail is awesome , one of the main reasons retiring here near Atlanta.

I was told these are regular bike parts and if I needed service again I was to bring in ebike parts and they would replace it but otherwise implied to what I heard I was done with service. On the way out I muttered to sales dept ā€œ I was told to not come back!ā€ I have not tested the bike , not sure if is really fixed yet!

I intend to follow up with emails to to Trek and owner/president of the chain and if I can get a bike form another shop , probably a Vado I will be selling this and the 2 additional batteries which includes the piggyback attachment sharing the external batteries. Way to go make a customer happy about buying 6grand of a bike!

My name is Steve, from Cleveland Oh, I am 65 years old and I recently purchased the Trek Allant +7. I am new to this EBR Forum, but have been following the posts and have gotten some good info from it. Thanks to all that have contributed. So far, I am happy with my purchase, the bike is solid and has a good ride, especially enjoy the front suspension fork. The only modification I have performed is adding the SR Suntour seat post which was a game changer for me. The bike came with the Racktime rear rack , but I did not like Racktime bag choices, so I purchased the Racktime adapter plate and was able to modify Topeak's MTX bag by adding the adapter plate. I do have a question for Dallant, I like the bar ends that you installed and was wondering if you could tell me the brand name and or the model number of the ones you chose, they look exactly like what I would want, as I would like the option of sitting more vertical. I dont see in any of your posts information pertaining to them. where you able to just add them to the existing grips? Thank you for any information. I also saw the Ritchy adjustable stem that was mentioned in the posts, which might also be an option to raise the height of the handle bars. Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Back