Adapting BBS01B 36V Bafang with 35 mm bracket to 51 mm bracket frame

andreistirbu72

Region
Europe
Hi! Please tell me if you know how I can solve this problem.

I want to install this kind of engine to a mountain tricycle brand Mooncool, bought from Ebay. The engine has a 35 mm diameter bracket and doesn't fit in tricycle's 51 mm bracket hub.

I am not into technical things. I guess the piece that makes the motor's bracket "fill up" the hub should be larger in its exterior diameter.
In the attached photo, I indicated this piece with a red arrow.

Also, I don't know if I need to change the loose bearings inside the hub with larger ones.

I'll be thankful for any help and advice!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 103
Look for an adapter like this one, Someone in the Q&A area said it was 51mm diameter. I wonder if it might slip with the torque of the motor. They sell more expensive versions if you look around,

Like this.

Look for an adapter like this one, Someone in the Q&A area said it was 51mm diameter. I wonder if it might slip with the torque of the motor. They sell more expensive versions if you look around,

Like this.
Thank you! I will order one. I found some at some local online shops, cheaper for same quality as those on Amazon.
It won't slip, as the motor keeps it inside. The motor has an "y"-shaped piece which keeps it (the motor) tightly attached to the frame and also doesn't allow the adaptor to go out.

Attachments

• IMG_20230426_015419.jpg
    IMG_20230426_015419.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 127
There are lots of adapters for Ashtabula, one-piece cranks. But sometimes the gap between the BBSxx shaft and motor is too narrow to fit. Hopefully, you're golden.

Back