Accessories for your XP

What power draw does this light have compared to the stock light? I wouldn’t want a significant reduction in range.
Also is that connection on Lectric XP capable of handling voltage from with out sustaining damage long term.

Also is that connection on Lectric XP capable of handling power voltage with out sustaining damage long term. Do you know what the max power voltage on Lectric XP using that front headlight connection is wouldn't want to damage the controller.

I’ve heard reports of flickering displays and an obvious higher battery consumption/less range because amp drainage is exponential, not just additional.

Seen posts of people damaging their controller from headlight installations, but I don’t think I have heard reports of the Rad headlight doing that...yet.

What power draw does this light have compared to the stock light? I wouldn’t want a significant reduction in range.
@Bob RN I don't know. It's more than twice as bright as a regular ebike headlight, and I haven't taken it apart to see how that works. There might be an integrated upscaling inverter inside the housing as it is large enough to accommodate one. I'm just guessing though. If you're really curious you could probably ask RadRover customer service, since they are selling this light as OEM on their Radrunner Plus - there might even be the answers you seek on that sister forum. We have not experienced any controller burn-out, or display flicker on the Lectric, and at night, our death anxiety vastly exceeds any range anxiety, since we are never going more than 20 miles.

2eC.gif

@Bob RN I asked Rad for power draw stats for their Premium Headlight, and sadly, it seems to be a corporate secret they can't share. If we openly speculate, using published stats for Supernova M99, which seems to be a comparable 500 lumen cat-eye type bike headlight, the Supernova draws 16 Watts, which they equate to 48Wh. The Lectric rear hub motor at full power assist has peak output of 500 (800+ peak, class 3 setting) Watts. The OEM Lectric battery is 48v 10.4Ah Li-Ion LG (18650 cells). If 48v x 10.4Ah = 499.2 Wh, then the Rad Premium Headlight at 48Wh might reduce full Power Assisted range by at least 10% Depending on length of commute, terrain etc, that may or may not matter, and could probably be offset by physically pedalling 10% more when you switch it on at night. For our shorter trips under 20 miles, it's not something we are going to worry about. I'll try to remember to take some nighttime beam pics, to show side by side the difference. Pretty easy to swap back and forth, since both use the red higo two prong connector.

Last edited:
Ill go through my full list of Mods soon..
But for handle bars I'm gonna try these..
The crossbar is the same diameter as the main body of the bars on both examples..
These too,,
Ill keep the folding stem and adjust the neck as low as I can... I'm 6'2
Ill return the ones I don't like.. I prefer the second style but I don't want to cut down a grip, so I wonder if everything will fit each side... we shall see!
I grabbed the last one too... so hopefully it will actually be available to ship.
Amazon return policy rocks!
Cheers!

Racer

The crossbar is the same diameter as the main body of the bars on both examples..
These too,,
Ill return the ones I don't like.. I prefer the second style but I don't want to cut down a grip, so I wonder if everything will fit each side... we shall see!
I grabbed the last one too... so hopefully it will actually be available to ship.
Cheers!

Racer
Might require shim. Let us know how it goes.

These too,,
Cheers!

Racer
how’d this work out? very interested in a BMX handlebar but still preserving the folding stem. most of the BmX mods seem to adopt a new head eliminating the fold ability. i’m 6’4” so i want the height f the adjustable stem but also the portability of it being foldable as an apartment dweller with limited storage options.

Has anyone installed rear frame mounted ring locks? Does the Lectric 1.0/2.0 have the necessary braze ons to bolt the ring lock onto? Don’t have my bike yet but would plan to have a multi-pronged approach to security. Rear wheel ring locks/frame locks are pretty popular in bike communities like amsterdam to limit “ride away” type thefts, combined with a chain system like Kryponite Evolution and then pinhead fasteners on all the component parts it seems like the entire bike can be made i to a pretty cumbersome solid unit that can’t be easily disassembled without proper keys or tools make the bike unattractive for both ride away, carry away and disassemble type theft. What’s the experience from the community here?

Different bike but this is the general idea for those unfamiliar with these locks...

Lectric XP replacement bicycle pedals larger better fit anti-skid & great grips

CXWXC Road/MTB Bike Pedals - Aluminum Alloy Bicycle Pedals​

- Mountain Bike Pedal with Removable Anti-Skid Nails​

71wE-6uphYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Do these fold? I ordered red 4mm cleats to install on my stock pedals. Will see how it works when I get my bike.

how’d this work out? very interested in a BMX handlebar but still preserving the folding stem. most of the BmX mods seem to adopt a new head eliminating the fold ability. i’m 6’4” so i want the height f the adjustable stem but also the portability of it being foldable as an apartment dweller with limited storage options.
They worked out perfect...I'll have more time to ride this next week,
but so far they're awesome! they look and feel like my old bike from the day!
I don't think I've folded it yet with the new bars .. looks like they will be fine, I'll check it out after work today.
Cheers!

Ok! test test.. From my phone..
Here's some pictures of my bike!
Forgive the size.. I was just happy it uploaded! I stuck it out in the Rv.. The Knife is hand forged from my stepfather, he has a new hobby in his retirement!
Kind of cool,
I'll put it there for camping.
You have to imagine my neon green fly pole that will sit in a pole holder that mounts on the front axel.(Amazon) So the pole tip will pop up through the " V" in the front wire wrap.. Camping again! Perfect!! And a close up of the vinyl wrap.. Soapy water.. yes ! just like a tint job! my tune set up.. And the bars! she's a beast! Heavy and strong! I'm having way too much fun so far!! her name is "Scarlet" I'll add a tiny Black widow mark on the sides of the frame soon!
Cheers guys!
Racer
20210616_171721.jpg
20210616_171713.jpg
20210616_154104.jpg
20210616_154042.jpg

Attachments

• 20210616_154037.jpg
    20210616_154037.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 242
  • 20210616_154020.jpg
    20210616_154020.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 268
  • 20210616_153244(0).jpg
    20210616_153244(0).jpg
    486 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
I just watched a new video review posted on the Lectric site. The title is Red Canyon to Bruce Canyon. Towards the end of the video they gave out a discount code for 25% off Lectric accessories in case you are interested.

A Different Way to Place a Bike Bell

I wanted to activate my bell with my left hand, so I mounted it upside down on the handlebar. Note that I also re-arranged the position of the brake handle and controller switch. I can use my left index finger to pull the bell ringer and still have the last 3 fingers to pull the brake handle. It does not make any difference in the sound.

Attachments

• Bell_Front.jpeg
    Bell_Front.jpeg
    289.9 KB · Views: 227
  • Bell_Rear.jpeg
    Bell_Rear.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 240
Back