Accessories for your XP

did some upgrades to the lectric today, to anyone whose interested in putting a better headlight on this one from Radbikes works perfectly, same connector as the stock one on the lectric and its 10x brigther. i have yet to figure out how to only turn on the angel eye part of it.

as for the underglow I used a 6ft usb powered led strip from goovee, the control is mounted under the seat, sorry hard to tell from pic angle. connects to my phone and theres a ton of "scenes" to make the lights really disco disco lol its powered by a milwaukee m12 usb adapter but any type of power bank should do. its too bad lectric doesnt give us a OEM USB port somewhere.

I took her out striper fishing today and im suprised how well this thing handles in the snow. Does anyone out here take these bikes ice fishing? just curious thanks for reading!
IMG_20201220_162700.jpg
IMG_20201220_162709.jpg
IMG_20201220_193541.jpg

did some upgrades to the lectric today, to anyone whose interested in putting a better headlight on this one from Radbikes works perfectly, same connector as the stock one on the lectric and its 10x brigther. i have yet to figure out how to only turn on the angel eye part of it.

as for the underglow I used a 6ft usb powered led strip from goovee, the control is mounted under the seat, sorry hard to tell from pic angle. connects to my phone and theres a ton of "scenes" to make the lights really disco disco lol its powered by a milwaukee m12 usb adapter but any type of power bank should do. its too bad lectric doesnt give us a OEM USB port somewhere.

I took her out striper fishing today and im suprised how well this thing handles in the snow. Does anyone out here take these bikes ice fishing? just curious thanks for reading!
View attachment 74687View attachment 74688View attachment 74689
You catch any?

I have one more accessory to share. The stock pedals have never really worked for me. I wanted MX style but needed to keep the folding design. Today I installed these MKS FD-7 pedals. They are made in Japan, high quality alloy and have serviceable bearing. I just took it for a test ride and they performed as expected.

I couldnt get stock pedals to fold so went with these mks fd-7 pedals and just love them. They spin better are easy to fold and hold your foot better with any shoe!!!

Good upgrade research and case study...just ordered one of these too.

My upgrades in 4 days; although it took some pre-planning.

Custom paint job. The bike was black.
SR Suntour seat post 400mm 31.6 with cover. Makes a world of difference. Got 2 on AliExpress for under $130 delivered.
Bell bike seat. Mo padding mo betta.
Bottle holder. Same as everyone else got.
Slimed both tires.
Moved the front fender from being mounted in front of the forks to in back of the forks.
This drops the back of the fender down a little which I am hoping will prevent even more splash up from puddles.
Overdrive 2 bike hitch rack. $268.11 delivered on Amazon. This thing is SOLID. LOVE IT!
Schlage 1/2'' chain and American lock.
Kryptonite 12mm 6' cable to run thru front tire and seat.
A vary interesting color design. It reminds me of what I have on one of my rifles.

I know many have added a Handlebar Extender to their handlebars. I have this one Handle Bar Extender from Amazon and there is barely enough room to install next to the LED screen. I can almost get it clamped on but being it does not have a large enough flat surface to rest fully on so it does not clamp on tight (it has a gap. Did any of you have to perhaps use some kind of "padding" to close the gap so it can grip the bar or have other suggestions to get this to work?

I know many have added a Handlebar Extender to their handlebars. I have this one Handle Bar Extender from Amazon and there is barely enough room to install next to the LED screen. I can almost get it clamped on but being it does not have a large enough flat surface to rest fully on so it does not clamp on tight (it has a gap. Did any of you have to perhaps use some kind of "padding" to close the gap so it can grip the bar or have other suggestions to get this to work?

Check out Jerimiah McIntosh Youtube video on accessories. He added an extender and explains how he installed it-it was a little tricky if I remember correctly. When in doubt, watch Jerimiah!

Thanks Taylor for the fast response. I have learned so much from Jeremiah so that is a great recommendation. I just found one that he commented on that it took a lot of "finese" to get on as it was on a angle but that was the extent of it.
(at about 1 min in).
Mine also is a bit loose as well as at an odd angle, I will play with it to add a rubber strip to see if that helps. Meanwhile if anyone else has any suggestions bring them on!

Last edited:
Is their any other way to install Velo mudguard without drilling holes in fenders, like zip ties etc.?
I mean...maybe you could get away with ziptying it onto the fender support....but why?

The screw mounts it comes with are awesome and have locking washers for the leather.

IMG_2531.JPG

Anyone have any tips on taking off the grips on the handlebars?....without cutting them off to reuse them on new handlebars.
Bike shops use >70% isopropyl alcohol for grips on/off - lubes while wet, then evaporates, leaving everything snug as it should be.

EVO Brooklyn Integrated Bicycle Basket for Handlebars​

Compatible with 31.8mm or 25.4 stem clamps.
intregrated basket handlebar 24.5 mm.jpg

Last edited:

"A Cool gadget made for electric bikes The Handlebar Jack"​

HJ_2_main_wider_01sm_1080x.jpg
Perhaps a useful tool for bike shop owners that won't be able to easily fit today's ebike frames into their analogue bike stands. Hobbyists can always reserve their $25 and look around their home for normal household props: two rolled up beach towels, a couple phonebooks, yoga blocks, barbells, empty amazon boxes, two rolls of paper towel or tp...how often would someone need to be flipping their bikes over to justify this specific toolbox clutter?

For chronic flat tires: do a closer inspection of the inner rubber surface of tire and sidewall - look and feel for foreign debris before putting in the next new tube. Sometimes small (but killer) sharp glass, tacks, and sharp rock piercings can go unnoticed and be wedged through the tire. Dusting the tube and inner tire with talc can help guard against the curb-bight/snakebite/pinch flats. On reinflation, stop at 5-15psi and make sure the valve stem and sidewall bead are all seated properly, then resume. Lastly, rethink commuting routes if these are happening a lot - avoid construction zones, areas of heavy road debris, and adjacent uneven terrain where loose nails and screws can hop out of the back of truck tailgates.

Back