Accessories for your XP

This is... How do you say... Most embarrassing! 😂

Thankfully, that worked! I had the stock spring in the post at the moment and flipped the seat around for a quick trial run before sunset here and what a nice, plush ride it is!

I have the firmer (red) spring on hand and will try that out as well but I really enjoyed the ride with the stock spring.

Here are my mods:

1. Blackburn Front Rack.
2. Suntour SP12 NCX Suspension Seatpost.
3. Cloud 9 Saddle.
4. Cygolite Front Light.
5. Bike Tail Light with Turn Signal - Wireless Remote.
6. Electric Horn.
7. Shimado Pedals.
8. SC Riser Mountain Handle Bar.
9. Handle Bar Grips.
Cloud 9 saddles are awesome. I just ordered new pedals. Stock pedals are slicker than WD40

Debating between the Suntour and CaneCreek ThudBuster suspension seat posts. Anyone have experience with these? Also does anyone know what diameter seat post the bike is?

I ordered a 31.6mmx420mm post.

Cirrus Cycles KINEKT 2.1 Aluminum Bike Seatpost with Suspension

I have the exact same thing, a Suntour seat post and a Cloud 9 seat.

Definitely the seat post in the video is backwards. Turn the post around and turn the seat around...hehe. It'll work GREAT.

I am right around 230lbs and have the standard spring in the seat post at the default setting, which is about 10 to 12 threads showing in the bottom.
Mine compresses a bit when I sit on it and had a little bit of a bounce if I hit a good bump. I think it is just about right at the defaults for me.

Easy. You will need a good set of metric allen keys. I cut the old grips off because I wanted to change them anyway. Not sure if they could be reused. Cables are long enough to slide all controls like brake levers off of the ends of the bars and onto the new ones.
Hi Grey Beard. I’m newly retired and new to this Forum. Considering 2 XPs for my wife and me. Loved the picture of your 2 updated bikes! How does the new handlebar setup impact the bike’s folding capability?

My new Handlebar jacks arrived today! Woo hoo, now I hope I never have to use them :)

Attachments

• Handlebar jack.jpg
    Handlebar jack.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 371
Just want to say, I like my XP.
While waiting for my XP, I read about all of the accessories that I should be getting.
I have about 65 miles in on mine, and I just want to say....
My Lectric brand SEAT (saddle, whatever) is pretty comfy.
And the handlebars are only 22 inches wide, but they are still comfortable.
I have used the Lectric Panniers and they were nice... But I chose to get the Milk Crate off of my Pedal bike and put it on the XP.
Accessorizing is Good. But I just want to say that my XP worked just fine with stock Seat, Bars, and flywheel.
I am having fun with my XP just the way it is.
But I may be searching for a springier Seat, just a bit more cushion. ;)
IMG_0659.JPG

Just want to say, I like my XP.
While waiting for my XP, I read about all of the accessories that I should be getting.
I have about 65 miles in on mine, and I just want to say....
My Lectric brand SEAT (saddle, whatever) is pretty comfy.
And the handlebars are only 22 inches wide, but they are still comfortable.
I have used the Lectric Panniers and they were nice... But I chose to get the Milk Crate off of my Pedal bike and put it on the XP.
Accessorizing is Good. But I just want to say that my XP worked just fine with stock Seat, Bars, and flywheel.
I am having fun with my XP just the way it is.
But I may be searching for a springier Seat, just a bit more cushion. ;)
View attachment 60932
Do yourself a favor and get the Suntour seat post. Night and day.

I gotta quit shopping... Now I am looking at one of these 14ah Batteries.
I just rode around for two hours and got below HALF on my "Energy Bar".
Lots of hills and stuff... which is why I have a Lectic eBike.
I still had 44volts... But I don't want to have to pedal my XP over those hills and stuff without Juice.
Has Anybody used one of these Alibaba batteries?
How are they? Do they fit? Good quaility innards?
AND! Is an extra 4ah worth another Hunnert Bucks? :eek:
Or should I just hang with another 10ah battery?
($240 vs $333)

I got one of the 14 ah batteries from AliExpress a couple of weeks ago. Fit without any modifications. I like it since it increases the range by 40%, everything else being equal. (10 ah vs 14 ah). Took about 3 weeks to arrive. In my hilly area, I no longer worry about running out of juice on my rides.

I got one of the 14 ah batteries from AliExpress a couple of weeks ago. Fit without any modifications. I like it since it increases the range by 40%, everything else being equal. (10 ah vs 14 ah). Took about 3 weeks to arrive. In my hilly area, I no longer worry about running out of juice on my rides.
Thanks.
I figure that I can install the 14ah, and carry the original 10.4ah... Y'know? To get Home.

Someone asked me about my custom bracket that I used to attach my milk crate with quick releases. It is a custom made metal bracket that I welded together. It has a lip which catches the bottom flange of the milk crate on one side and I welded the little hook flanges for the toggle clamps on the other side. The whole thing is very strong, I can literally pick up the whole bike by the attached milk crate and it doesn't budge even a little bit. Here is the link for the toggle clamps and hook flanges that I brought from amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DQ93FYT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• 20191117_141423.jpg
    20191117_141423.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 559
  • IMG_20200804_232019.jpg
    IMG_20200804_232019.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_20200804_231840.jpg
    IMG_20200804_231840.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_20200804_231847.jpg
    IMG_20200804_231847.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_20200804_231822.jpg
    IMG_20200804_231822.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_20200804_231945.jpg
    IMG_20200804_231945.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 514
Last edited:
I plan on making a custom decorative lockable wood box to keep on the bike all the time when I don't use the milk crate. The pannier bags are falling apart, may make my own bags...I am still undecided about that because I am not too good with a sewing machine but it seems like a fun project.

It must be me. Today is a perfect example of why I typically leave the "DIY" stuff to the people who really know how to do it.
I had ordered the substitute headset (ritchey) as the NECO seems unavailable. Everything seemed fine until I tightened the bolt to the star nut. Initially, the stem would turn but not turn the forks, so I tightened the bolt. When I did that, neither would turn.
It's either too loose so that both the stem and fork to turn together, or too tight that neither will turn. I cannot for the life of me figure out what the problem is.
Any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated.

I really like the video and the guy does a great job and takes his time explaining how to do it. My only concern is the ability to get correct parts. Also, even though he admits he is not really that much of a mechanic, the red stacking toolbox screams diy!!

I really like the video and the guy does a great job and takes his time explaining how to do it. My only concern is the ability to get correct parts. Also, even though he admits he is not really that much of a mechanic, the red stacking toolbox screams diy!!
Don't know what is going on but went back out and reinstalled everything(doing nothing any differently) and everything went as it should, hence, my deleting the previous post.

Back