Accessories for your XP

Don't know what is going on but went back out and reinstalled everything(doing nothing any differently) and everything went as it should, hence, my deleting the previous post.

Sweet, can you post a list of the parts you purchased to make the switch and where you found them. I am close to pulling the trigger on front shocks...

Thought about getting some myself. Do you have any handle bar mounted accessories you anticipate needing to remove in order to use the jacks?

Yeah, I used the Handlebar jacks the other day to fix my front tire slow leak. I had to remove my mirror (probably could have left it on and just rotatated) which was a piece of cake. One caution. When you put the right or throttle side Handlebar jack on, make sure you do not attach to the throttle! I got a piece the first time, no bueno! They worked fine. I would however, put down a towell for the jacks to rest on as a garage floor may be slippery..

Don't know what is going on but went back out and reinstalled everything(doing nothing any differently) and everything went as it should, hence, my deleting the previous post.
Yeah, just keep in mind that when you tighten the bolt into the star nut...that step is almost temporary. Meaning, you use that bolt to tighten it just enough that the fork doesn't have any up/down play and turns on the bearings easily.

That bolt IS NOT meant for structural support...just to hold the fork in the right spot. With the fork in the right spot held by the adjusted star nut bolt, you then tighten the bolts on the collar of the handlebar stem which clamps tightly onto the steerer tube. These are the bolts you tighten very snuggly and that do all of the structural support.

Honestly, I think once you've tightened those bolts...I think the star nut bolt is irrelevant at that point...

Hopefully that makes sense.

Someone asked me about my custom bracket that I used to attach my milk crate with quick releases. It is a custom made metal bracket that I welded together. It has a lip which catches the bottom flange of the milk crate on one side and I welded the little hook flanges for the toggle clamps on the other side. The whole thing is very strong, I can literally pick up the whole bike with it and it doesn't budge even a little bit. Here is the link for the toggle clamps and hook flanges that I brought from amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DQ93FYT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

boy is that super slick. thanks much for posting the pix!

meanwhile, i have a suntour suspension seatpost from a different bike, 30.4 in size. will that work on the lectric with shims?

Sweet, can you post a list of the parts you purchased to make the switch and where you found them. I am close to pulling the trigger on front shocks...
I bought what's been recommended here on the site from Aliexpress.com. Apparently the NECO 185 headset isn't, and hasn't been, available so I bought a substitute called "ritchey." The suspension forks are oil, whereas others have bought air. I don't know that the brand matters much.
Pro: Exceptional ride. Feels almost like I'm riding on air, as I also have the Suntour seat post and Cloud 9 seat.
Cons: Dislike that the bike now rides higher than before, and the handlebars are now higher. And, for some odd reason, the tire now seems like it's sometimes steering itself.

Attachments

• IMG_2204.JPG
    IMG_2204.JPG
    698.2 KB · Views: 675
  • IMG_2206.JPG
    IMG_2206.JPG
    631.1 KB · Views: 680
  • IMG_2207.JPG
    IMG_2207.JPG
    607 KB · Views: 639
  • IMG_2208.JPG
    IMG_2208.JPG
    554.1 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_2211.JPG
    IMG_2211.JPG
    976.7 KB · Views: 673
Last edited:
And, for some odd reason, the tire now seems like it's sometimes steering itself.

I did notice the steering mechanic felt a little different. Most likely due to the added height and give in the fork.

However, you should also double check the tire pressure in your front tire. If that gets too low then as you start turning, the bike will definitely feel like it's turning harder into the turn all by itself. That happened to me a couple times and the first time I thought it was something related to the fork until I realized the tire was just a little too low. Something to check anyways.

I tend to keep my front tire at about 20psi with the shock...

I did notice the steering mechanic felt a little different. Most likely due to the added height and give in the fork.

However, you should also double check the tire pressure in your front tire. If that gets too low then as you start turning, the bike will definitely feel like it's turning harder into the turn all by itself. That happened to me a couple times and the first time I thought it was something related to the fork until I realized the tire was just a little too low. Something to check anyways.

I tend to keep my front tire at about 20psi with the shock...
I have run mine at 28psi as the tires call for inflation to 30psi. I would expect that I'd have issues if I were running at 20psi as you're doing, as I would expect the tires to "grab" the asphalt more at a lower psi.

I got one of the 14 ah batteries from AliExpress a couple of weeks ago. Fit without any modifications. I like it since it increases the range by 40%, everything else being equal. (10 ah vs 14 ah). Took about 3 weeks to arrive. In my hilly area, I no longer worry about running out of juice on my rides.
Hello, Question for you. I noticed that the battery also comes with keys? Are the keys different? Are you able to use your stock key? I haven't a clue if Lectric has a bunch of different keyed keys or just one standard for them all.

I emailed lectric about the keys awhile back, they told me each key is different from others and is personalized to only work in your battery.

I bought what's been recommended here on the site from Aliexpress.com. Apparently the NECO 185 headset isn't, and hasn't been, available so I bought a substitute called "ritchey." The suspension forks are oil, whereas others have bought air. I don't know that the brand matters much.
Pro: Exceptional ride. Feels almost like I'm riding on air, as I also have the Suntour seat post and Cloud 9 seat.
Cons: Dislike that the bike now rides higher than before, and the handlebars are now higher. And, for some odd reason, the tire now seems like it's sometimes steering itself.
Hello,

Do you have a link to the Ritchey replacement that you bought? Also, how much of the headset did you use? Did you take out the stock cups? Looks like the Ritchey has integrated cup / bearings? not sure.

How long did it take you to convert over to the front shocks and did you have to make any cuts?

Nice bike there. I am seriously considering the Suntour SP-12 NCX seat post upgrade, not had my EP-2 all that long, but I think a suspension seat post will help massively!

I got one of the 14 ah batteries from AliExpress a couple of weeks ago. Fit without any modifications. I like it since it increases the range by 40%, everything else being equal. (10 ah vs 14 ah). Took about 3 weeks to arrive. In my hilly area, I no longer worry about running out of juice on my rides.
How's the performance of the bike after going to the 14ah batteries? Have you experienced any issues? Any controller issues or problems running at 14? Sounds like a great switch if there aren't any problems.

Anyone know if you can switch out cranks? Would be nice to adjust the size to fit the rider. Cranks are pretty elevated on the xp and it might make the riding experience more pleasurable.

With the cons in mind, would you recommend the mod (adding the suspension fork)?

Also, can you provide a link to the Ritchey headset that you bought that was compatible? Thanks!

With the cons in mind, would you recommend the mod (adding the suspension fork)?

Also, can you provide a link to the Ritchey headset that you bought that was compatible? Thanks!
This one is not the Ritchey, but it worked for me. Comes with sealed bearings too. You will need to remove the cups off the bike and install the new cups to make this work. Down side is that you need to make or buy some specialized tools to do this properly. Another nice thing about this is the crown race was easy to put on. No need to make a race setting tool.

IMO it was worth it to do the suspension fork. The ride is nice and smooth. I bought the oil version and not the air. As far as the cons, I cut the handlebar stem down a little to lower them. For me I find riding the xp is more relaxing with the bars a little more elevated. Long rides can leave your hands a little more fatigued if the bars are too low.

Back