Accessories for your XP

So while I am on my accessorizing bonanza, help me with my next move. My handlebars are now full with the addition of the bell and rear view mirror.
Do I upgrade to the 5-inch rise handlebars or just buy the handlebar extender? I think I am up over $350 in add ons? This is fun!!

You could always try this... ;)

1594674490557.png

I added a 5-inch handlebar rise, a zoom seat post and cloud 9 seat, an 11-34T freewheel, and a 48v 20ah battery. I would like to change out the controller to a 30 amp. I also added bigger wider pedals with grips. I also have a usb charge port coming for the bike. I did see a nice video on adding a suspension fork to the bike thinking about it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200707_192839_496.jpg
    IMG_20200707_192839_496.jpg
    827 KB · Views: 872
  • 20200710_143443.jpg
    20200710_143443.jpg
    471.5 KB · Views: 840
Last edited:
Logo cover up. Wanted yellow reflective tape but did not find anything suitable locally. The white reflective tape I found at Walmart for less than 4 bucks. 2"x 30" Duck Brand in the Auto Section. Cut in half and trimmed to a point to match the existing stripes.
Amazon has a whole assortment of tapes. I did the 2 inch red reflective.

I added a 5-inch handlebar rise, a zoom seat post and cloud 9 seat, an 11-34T freewheel, and a 48v 20ah battery. I would like to change out the controller to a 30 amp. I also added bigger wider pedals with grips. I also have a usb charge port coming for the bike. I did see a nice video on adding a suspension fork to the bike thinking about it.
Hey could your provide me a website link so that I could buy one of those USB charging ports? That's a great idea.

Hello, Any tips on changing out the freewheel? Planning on doing this soon. Thanks,

Wow, what a great idea regarding the battery, how did you handle the electrical connection hardware? I put a new 11-28 freewheel on my bike, it is such a pleasure pedaling at higher speeds now without having to move my legs like a madman. I plan on getting a suspension fork next and maybe build a custom 20amp battery.

Last edited:

Rogue, let us know when you do the front forks. I am leaning towards doing it myself but am under the impression there are a couple of parts proving to be elusive at this point...

Rogue, let us know when you do the front forks. I am leaning towards doing it myself but am under the impression there are a couple of parts proving to be elusive at this point...
There is a Youtube video on swapping the forks out for one with suspension.

Wow, what a great idea regarding the battery, how did you handle the electrical connection hardware? I put a new 11-28 freewheel on my bike, it is such a pleasure pedaling at higher speeds now without having to move my legs like a madman. I plan on getting a suspension fork next and maybe build a custom 20amp battery.
I ordered a deans plug splitter and a deans plug to XT60 connector, this was behind controller cover in plain sight. Ran a pair of wires through the hole in the frame and up the back to a bag with the battery in it. I have a 20 amp breaker and a heavy-duty on-off switch.

Okay, so finally my Suntour NCX seat post came in. I'm using the stock spring, so I'm expecting a lot of bounce since I'm 200+ lbs. I have a Cloud 9 seat that has the suspension springs. Initial tests and the video below aren't really showing the 'spring-like' suspension feel that I'm expecting. I tried it with the pre-load seeing on the post pretty high, then I loosened it up real good and still no change. The video is with the pre-load loosened up.

Any suggestions/ideas are welcome.

Okay, so finally my Suntour NCX seat post came in. I'm using the stock spring, so I'm expecting a lot of bounce since I'm 200+ lbs. I have a Cloud 9 seat that has the suspension springs. Initial tests and the video below aren't really showing the 'spring-like' suspension feel that I'm expecting. I tried it with the pre-load seeing on the post pretty high, then I loosened it up real good and still no change. The video is with the pre-load loosened up.

Are you experiencing too much bounce when you ride and go over bumps? Or you aren't experiencing any bounce?
Just bouncing up and down like that with all of your weight will definitely compress the seat suspension (or it should).

When I got my bike (I weight about 210 lbs) it was a touch too soft in the seat post. I'd go over bumps and experience a little 'bounce'. I tightened up just a little and the 'bounce' tightened up to just be closer to a single compression without followed up bounces...

Are you sure you do not have the post on backwards?

Back