Accessories for your XP

I wanted to get away from the Lectric branding, so I ordered some gloss white vinyl to cover It up and found I needed to put two strips on to hide the factory logo. I then thought the plain white looked a bit too plain, so I ordered some decals and put those over the white vinyl. I always liked Tool Time and think Tim the Tool Man Taylor would approve of the XP!
Yes, he would've approved. Nice touch on the graphics.

I have purchased and am awaiting receipt of my XP and, of course, have started to look at accessorizing it once I get it. Nothing outrageous, but things that are mostly practical, such as a phone holder, better headlight, pannier bags, and a good lock.
And, that caused me to wonder about the accessories that are also often talked about. I've read a lot of talk about securing the bikes, but what about the accessories? Is it a matter of removing the accessories when you arrive to where ever it is you're going? Or, simply not leaving the bike unattended once the accessories are mounted?

I have purchased and am awaiting receipt of my XP and, of course, have started to look at accessorizing it once I get it. Nothing outrageous, but things that are mostly practical, such as a phone holder, better headlight, pannier bags, and a good lock.
And, that caused me to wonder about the accessories that are also often talked about. I've read a lot of talk about securing the bikes, but what about the accessories? Is it a matter of removing the accessories when you arrive to where ever it is you're going? Or, simply not leaving the bike unattended once the accessories are mounted?
The only accessory that I have that I am concerned about is the Suntour NCX suspension seat post, because the quick release would allow it to be easily taken (and leave me with an awkward ride home!). I lock that along with the bike.

2E41DCA5-1BB1-4708-8FC5-C4B798220A64.jpeg

We changed our bars to these I found on Amazon. The stock ones seemed too narrow at speed on hills.

Did you have to add Velcro to the cell phone holder bags? I have either the same ones or something very similar. I also bought the handlebars. Just waiting on the bike now!

Here are my mods:

2. Suntour SP12 NCX Suspension Seatpost.
3. Cloud 9 Saddle.

Can you tell us the about the improvement with the new seat and suspension seat post?

Did you try the suspension seat post with the old seat?

I saw in a review where the seat post wore from hitting the seat hardware.

Lastly, will the seat post attach to both seats without an additional hardware?

Thanks

The only accessory that I have that I am concerned about is the Suntour NCX suspension seat post, because the quick release would allow it to be easily taken (and leave me with an awkward ride home!). I lock that along with the bike.

View attachment 50556

Nice heavy-duty security... how much does the lock and chain weigh?

Anybody believe this would serve as a good extra battery? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328..._expid=d1123029-466d-4fae-ba6b-58ed21a0b6b0-3 I see that Lectric is sold out of their batteries.
Also, when charging an extra battery do most people have an extra charger to do the charging, or do you just install the 2nd battery in the bike and then charge that?
I’m planning on waiting on a battery anyway but you can remove the battery for charging And bring it into the house.

I’m planning on waiting on a battery anyway but you can remove the battery for charging And bring it into the house.
I guess what I'm trying to figure out is whether it's really necessary to have two chargers, or if one charger suffices for two batteries.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is whether it's really necessary to have two chargers, or if one charger suffices for two batteries.
Everytime I have bought a battery it has come with a charger so I now have 5 chargers 🤪

The extra battery I bought from Lectric did not come with a charger, but I am fine with just having two.

The extra battery I bought from Lectric did not come with a charger, but I am fine with just having two.
I, too, had hoped to buy an extra battery when I ordered my bike but they were/are out of stock.
Also, the Lectric batteries and chargers are sold as separate items. Does it make sense to buy an additional charger to go along with the additional battery or do people find one charger adequate to handle the charging for two batteries? (Still trying to get an answer to this question.)

I, too, had hoped to buy an extra battery when I ordered my bike but they were/are out of stock.
Also, the Lectric batteries and chargers are sold as separate items. Does it make sense to buy an additional charger to go along with the additional battery or do people find one charger adequate to handle the charging for two batteries? (Still trying to get an answer to this question.)
If you're often using two batteries a day for a long commute or trip you need two chargers since it takes 5-6 hours to charge one battery but if you only need two batteries intermittently and generally use one battery at a time you can get away with one charger, I just keep switching out batteries so that I always have a fully charged battery in the bike while one is charging. I know of some people who have a long commute but instead of buying a second battery they bought a second charger (which was considerably cheaper) and they keep one charger at work for recharging their battery.

This is not really an accessory, but I wanted to let everyone know about the new brake pads I just installed. The stock Tektro pads are resin and for me tend to fade when heated up. Mechanical brakes are fine but I wanted to get a little more performance since we ride a lot of hills. I just installed some semi-metallic pads and the difference is night and day. No more fade and much better stopping plus no noise.

Last edited:
This is not reAlly an accessory, but I wanted to let everyone know about the new brake pads I just installed. The stock Tektro pads are resin and for me tend to fade when heated up. Mechanical brakes are fine but I wanted to get a little more performance since we ride a lot of hills. I just installed some semi-metallic pads and the difference is night and day. No more fade and much better stopping plus no noise.

Are they easy to change out?

Are they easy to change out?

Yes, there is only a cotter pin holding them in. You have to remove the caliper from it’s mount (2 bolts). I spent more time aligning the calipers and adjusting the inside piston than changing the pads. Thirty minutes tops for both wheels.

This video covers alignment for single piston calipers like ours.

I have one more accessory to share. The stock pedals have never really worked for me. I wanted MX style but needed to keep the folding design. Today I installed these MKS FD-7 pedals. They are made in Japan, high quality alloy and have serviceable bearing. I just took it for a test ride and they performed as expected.

Back