Accessories for your XP

Since I live in the Pacific "northwet" one of my pet peeves about the XP is that our great fenders are still too short and I end up with mud/water all over the bike and up my back while riding. I found these mudflaps on Aliexpress and although I haven't tried them out yet I don't see how mud/water will get by them. I bought the "B" size which matches our fender width but I might end up trimming the front a little for length. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33002529994.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5a044c4dPrQO82

Attachments

• front fender.jpg
    front fender.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 676
  • side front fender.jpg
    side front fender.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 673
  • rear fender.jpg
    rear fender.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 651
A Great product... details below. ;)

1582963535559.png

Last edited:
A Great product... details below. ;)

View attachment 46610
Couple pieces of 2x4 work great as well and no need to attach them. Although not as fancy. 🤓

Here is another idea for handlebar spacers. This is not meant to take sales away from FlatSix911 (I bought one because it's cool and well thought out!) but not all of us can afford to buy his jack or we live in a country that he does not ship to (yet...). I used 3" diameter foam insulation tubes which are meant for protecting plumbing pipes which are cut to the length of your handlebar grips, the interior size should be 1" but I am used 3/4" and it works. You could probably also use foam float tubes which are meant for swimming and then you could accessorize your bike with a matching or complementing colour. The foam tubes weight absolutely nothing and are easily stuffed in your pannier or stored on your bike like in the photos below.

Attachments

• handlebar tube1.jpg
    handlebar tube1.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 638
  • handlebar tube2.jpg
    handlebar tube2.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 626
  • handlebar tube3.jpg
    handlebar tube3.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 606
FYI, I have no affiliation with the seller of the Handlebar Jack... just a satisfied customer. ;)

Does the foam tube have enough height clearance to protect the display and controls from impact?

FYI, I have no affiliation with the seller of the Handlebar Jack... just a satisfied customer. ;)

Does the foam tube have enough height clearance to protect the display and controls from impact?
Yeah the foam tube would definitely not clear my set up, I really like the idea of the Handlebar Jack, seems like they would hold the handle bars firm and keep them from any movement.

When I tried it at home it worked, whether the foam will stay 3" or crush somewhat I don't know but it is just an emergency thing. As I said in an earlier post I did buy the tripod because I love gadgets!

Hi everyone. I'm new here and bought my 1st electric bike recently, which was the Lectric XP. I was wondering if anyone changed the handlebars to the bike yet. I haven't received mines yet and I won't receive it until April or after. Can't wait to get it. I was thinking in getting something like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GWZMLMW/ref=sspa_mw_detail_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but idk if it will fit properly.

We changed our bars to these I found on Amazon. The stock ones seemed too narrow at speed on hills.

Attachments

• 62507457-9DE3-40E1-85F2-647A27919504.jpeg
    62507457-9DE3-40E1-85F2-647A27919504.jpeg
    459.9 KB · Views: 1,096
Just before I stopped riding on account of an injury I bought some heated hand grips that were either usb or battery bank powered. I have no idea how durable they are but since they were only $13 Canadian pesos with free shipping I figured it was worth the gamble. They were designed to be removable (velcro) and I figured I could use them on my e-bikes, scooter, or motorcycle depending on what I planned to ride that day. Well I finally got to try them out and I love them! The ones I bought only have 1 temp and no on/off switch but they get pretty warm and feel fantastic and I also like the extra width and padding that they add to my grips. The link is from Amazon.ca but I'm sure you can find these on Amazon.com Stateside.

https://www.amazon.ca/Motorcycle-Mo...dlebar+Warmer+Overgrips&qid=1585147294&sr=8-1

I wanted to get away from the Lectric branding, so I ordered some gloss white vinyl to cover It up and found I needed to put two strips on to hide the factory logo. I then thought the plain white looked a bit too plain, so I ordered some decals and put those over the white vinyl. I always liked Tool Time and think Tim the Tool Man Taylor would approve of the XP!

The white vinyl came as a 10 pack of 12” squares, I only used one square to do the bike. The white vinyl and 2 decals cost about $20 total. I like that I can pull them off if I get tired of them or just want a change.

B0F9EB1C-32EC-434F-AFA4-5F692E6990F2.jpeg

Back