800Wh battery available in Canada now...

Would it fit any of the existing Giant e-MTBs?
Yup, here's the list...

COMPATIBILITY OF THE GIANT ENERGYPAK SMART 800:​

(compatible without customization):
-MY22 Reign E+
-MY22 Trance X Advanced E+
-MY22 Trance X E+

(retrofittable with additional cover):
-Additional cover A = MY20 / MY21 GIANT Reign E+; MY21 GIANT Trance X E+; MY22 Liv Intrigue X E+
-Additional cover B = MY20 - MY22 GIANT Stance E+ (Pro + Sport); MY19 / MY20 GIANT Trance E+; MY20 - MY22 Liv Embolden E+
-Additional cover C =MY20 - MY22 GIANT Explore E+ (all models with fully integrated battery); MY21 / MY22 Liv Amiti-E+ (all models with fully integrated battery)

OK, so I temporarily lost my mind and ordered the ne 800Wh battery and cover.
Hey...
It's my birthday in a couple of weeks, so... :D
Hopefully it'll be here quickly!
Congratulations on your new purchase! You'll never regret it! Just fancy how free your mind will be on your rides!
I had a similar experience buying the 4th SL Range Extender at a Specialized store on the spot. 960 Wh of nominal installed battery capacity enables me joining gravel group rides that are long and fast!

Congratulations on your new purchase! You'll never regret it! Just fancy how free your mind will be on your rides!
I had a similar experience buying the 4th SL Range Extender at a Specialized store on the spot. 960 Wh of nominal installed battery capacity enables me joining gravel group rides that are long and fast!
Yes, I suspect this will wipe out any feelings of range anxiety!

It would be pretty awesome if Giant allowed a purchaser to choose an option of battery size when they buy the bike initially. Norco does that with their e-MTBs, you have a choice of one of three battery sizes. The price is adjusted accordingly, but at least you don’t have to take the stock one and buy a second one if you want more capacity.

I’d love a Thrive with the 800 wh battery for my wife. We like to ride together, but I wish she could go faster so I’d love to get an ebike for her. She’s a bit reluctant, but hopefully she will come around. With 800 wh she could obviously go further and faster and that just opens up more options for us.

It would be pretty awesome if Giant allowed a purchaser to choose an option of battery size when they buy the bike initially. Norco does that with their e-MTBs, you have a choice of one of three battery sizes. The price is adjusted accordingly, but at least you don’t have to take the stock one and buy a second one if you want more capacity.

I’d love a Thrive with the 800 wh battery for my wife. We like to ride together, but I wish she could go faster so I’d love to get an ebike for her. She’s a bit reluctant, but hopefully she will come around. With 800 wh she could obviously go further and faster and that just opens up more options for us.
They did that in the past with the 500 upgrade to a 625 they might do that with the 800 when it's fully available. Just ask the dealer to see if that's an option they can check with giant about. The 800 will increase range but, not speed just for people who don't know reading this post

I'm interested in seeing the real world difference. I know I saw a very usable difference from the 500 to 625 and that was 125. This will be 175
Anecdotal, non-scientific comment:
I am of the opinion that I do see a difference on my longer rides with the 625 on my new bike.
My remaining charge levels are such that I am charging less often. With the 500 - I rarely left the house without a full charge.

Both bikes (Giant Fathom HT and Liv Intrigue FS) are running similar tires and were ridden on similar routes and have the same motors.

It puzzles me that Giant do not offer that new battery on their compatible e-bikes from factory... That would make selling those products easier.

Back