Convert belt-drive to derailleur?

AvalancheRun

Region
USA
Has anyone converted a belt drive bike to derailleur? I have a C380 Gazelle Ultimate.

I'm assuming it should be a matter of swapping for components used in their Ultimate T10 model, but wouldn't be surprised if there is some minor detail that makes it impossible.

The twist shift just doesn't work for me. Been trying to sell it all year to buy something different, no takers for half off.

Has anyone converted a belt drive bike to derailleur? I have a C380 Gazelle Ultimate.

I'm assuming it should be a matter of swapping for components used in their Ultimate T10 model, but wouldn't be surprised if there is some minor detail that makes it impossible.

The twist shift just doesn't work for me. Been trying to sell it all year to buy something different, no takers for half off.
I have an Ultimate T10 (2022).
I'm quite familiar with its components.
What generation of Bosch drive do you have?
If you don't know, what is the name on the left motor case? Active Line, Performance Line?
Year of the bike?
You need;
1. New rear Hub (which means rebuilding or buying a 28" ready made wheel) with a new Shimano FH-M475 freehub and appropriate spokes.
2. A Shimano CS-HG50-10 cassette.
3. A Shimano Deraileur RD-M5120-SGS.
4. A Shimano Shifter and cable SL-M4100-R.
5. KMC e10 chain (cut to 118 links).
6. A Miranda Gen3 chainring
7. A Bosch Gen 3 chainring retainer.
8. I would think the existing cranks would work for the conversion.

I believe the parts would cost about $450, the single biggest cost being the wheel rebuild.
Labor from a LBS would be $350 to $500 making the total estimated conversion $800 to $1,000.
I believe these costs to be accurate and hope this information helps your decision.
Regards

This is really helpful, thank you!

The bike is the current C380 HMB (2023-) model with Smart System Performance Line.

Seems to me you went down this path before, but you've decided upgrading to the AutomatiQ is not feasible?

Might not be possible due to the rear hub mounting design - I bet I saw a topic on this forum when somebody tried to retrofit the Automatiq to the C380 or C380+ and found out this won't work because eshifter can't be mounted to the frame... If only Kindernay was still alive I would totally recommend it - I have it retrofitted on C380+ around 3 years back and it works fine since then. Unlike Enviolo, it has 7 gears and super cool hydraulic double-pusher shifter, which looks and works great.

Yeah unfortunately the design of this bike doesn’t allow the Automatiq. I made a thread and tried it.

The rear rack mounting and the (set screws for calibrating alignment? Still confused on the purpose of those) are both are in the way.

Looked at a bunch of other bikes from Tern, Spec, R&M and others would all work with Automatiq. Looks like the Gazelle eclipse would fit it too. Bummer. A bike like this should have the Automatiq.

I tried the Rohloff and it also solves my problem, though those are probably more than the bike is worth right now. Kindernay looks fantastic too.

The hanger is a great question.. still looking into it. The wheel price is a bit high though..

Back