Need Recommendation For A Lift To Work On Our Two Heavy Ebikes

climb14er

Region
USA
I’ve got a Park PRS-15 bike stand that I’ve used for my road bikes for many years and now looking for a way to either convert this to a powered lift if possible… or… could buy an electric or hydraulic lift in the $500-700 range so I can do the work on the E-bikes. Thoughts? Suggestions? Recommendations? Appreciate.

I'm not sure of US prices, but from what I have seen, they tend to be on the expensive side. One that comes to mind is the Topeak Prepstand eUP Pro. I believe it is new to the market.

TW031_main_2022-06.png

Another option is the Ket-Lift4Ebike stand but I suspect that the price is seriously high.

Also this thread might be worth a read.

Last edited:
I use a low dollar rope and pulley system. Not a great picture but it hooks on the handlebars and the back of the seat, pull it up in the air and secure it to the bike stand. This setup is designed for bikes but you need and overhead ceiling to mount it to.
IMG_1261.jpeg

I bought a set of 4 of these, rated at 650 pounds each.
Hoisting lets me lift one or both ends and choose the best height for a task.
I can use a light-duty chain hoist, which has a brake to prevent accidental drops.
Ropes can be more convenient. Each turn adds mechanical advantage but also adds friction, so I like to lift with one hand while pulling the rope with the other. Around the handlebars on both sides, a rope will slide to accommodate tilting and then hold the bike that way with friction. That's handy if I want to plumb the bike for a task, or perhaps it would be easier with the bike tilted.
eyebolt 1.jpeg
eyebolt 2.jpeg
eyebolt 3.jpeg
hoisted.jpeg

Suspending a heavy bike from chains or ropes doesn't really solve the same problem a work stand solves. You won't be able to reef on cranks or pedals or brake rotors with a setup like that. Attaching a hoisted bike to a smaller bike stand sort of solves that problem, though.

Suspending a heavy bike from chains or ropes doesn't really solve the same problem a work stand solves. You won't be able to reef on cranks or pedals or brake rotors with a setup like that. Attaching a hoisted bike to a smaller bike stand sort of solves that problem, though.
I checked several dictionaries but don't know what you mean by "reef." Initially, I hoisted bikes from one overhead point to weigh them. It wasn't efficient for mechanical work because the bike would rotate about a vertical axis.

I got the idea of using two overhead points from a video where a mechanic at a large shop demonstrated how to replace the torque-sensor bottom bracket on an Aventon. I saw how stable it was. I'm sure stands were available, but a stand would have been in the way when he had to work on both sides of the bike.

I use a low dollar rope and pulley system. Not a great picture but it hooks on the handlebars and the back of the seat, pull it up in the air and secure it to the bike stand. This setup is designed for bikes but you need and overhead ceiling to mount it to.
My suspension points are much lower, about 7 feet. I guess that's why I don't need a stand. On a shorter "pendulum," the bike is more resistant to swinging away when pushed.

By "reef" I mean apply a lot of force, as when trying to tighten or loosen a bolt that is highly torqued (e.g. pedals, cranks, disk brake mounting bolts). I have my doubts that your arrangement will be practical for dealing with that.

Back