Bike stands for eBike maintenance

I've been really happy with my Park Tool PCS 10 for 7 or 8 years. I clamp heavy bikes on the horizontal top tube, that allows me to lift the bike with 2 hands. Lighter road bike (non e) I clamp the seat tube/post.

I'm sure there will come a day when I want some assist. What ebiker doesn't want assist🤔

All the assisted and power stands are pricey. Topeak entered the assisted ebike stand market this year. Warning $$

I find the clamp a complete PIA. It’s anything but friendly. If I were continuing to build out and repair I’d invest in the deluxe bench clamp or another rack with that style clamp. Far better and easier. Perhaps being yo7 have one bike and it’s light you won’t suffer the same frustrations. Thousands in ebike and a ten cent stand.

There are so many Park tools out of stock!

View attachment 133055View attachment 133056
It does stick, not allowing one to spin it freely when there isn't a bike on it. I've gotten in the habit of loosening it, making sure it spins freely before removing the bike from it. You have leverage with a bike on it. If its tight, forget about spinning it without that leverage.

It is a 17 kg e-bike only.
No, it makes any bike 17 kg lighter to lift.

"The foot pedal operated, built-in pressurized cartridge provides an additional 17kg (37lb) of lifting power making easy work of raising and lowering most bikes weighing up to 35kg (77lb)."

It does stick, not allowing one to spin it freely when there isn't a bike on it. I've gotten in the habit of loosening it, making sure it spins freely before removing the bike from it. You have leverage with a bike on it. If its tight, forget about spinning it without that leverage.
I didn’t cheap out when I did my own Vespa GTS250 maintenance. I spent $1100 on a KendaStandup. It made wrenching a pleasure. And when I sold the scooter I recovered 70% of my investment and overall came out ahead. Why I went brain dead a cheap eludes me.

I've been really happy with my Park Tool PCS 10 for 7 or 8 years. I clamp heavy bikes on the horizontal top tube, that allows me to lift the bike with 2 hands. Lighter road bike (non e) I clamp the seat tube/post.

I'm sure there will come a day when I want some assist. What ebiker doesn't want assist🤔
I load heavy bikes on my PCS-10 by lifting the lighter front end only. Clamp it and pivot the rear wheel off the ground. Makes it easy to work on my 65# bike.

P1060778a.jpg
P1060777a.jpg

I didn’t cheap out when I did my own Vespa GTS250 maintenance. I spent $1100 on a KendaStandup. It made wrenching a pleasure. And when I sold the scooter I recovered 70% of my investment and overall came out ahead. Why I went brain dead a cheap eludes me.
I remember your pics from years ago of that lift. It would be perfect. My MC hydraulic lift, lifts my 950 lb Harley and it's got wheels to roll it around the shop. I think some ebike brand with lots of manufacturing capabilities, like Trek, needs to bring a stand to the market that costs ~400 or so and can lift 100 pounds. It'll happen, hopefully not too late for us😉

looks like made of unobtanium. No,prices on cartridge replacement either. I didn’t deep dive but it doesn’t seem easy access. My favored shops all say “Sorry, this product is no longer available.”

looks like made of unobtanium. No,prices on cartridge replacement either. I didn’t deep dive but it doesn’t seem easy access. My favored shops all say “Sorry, this product is no longer available.”
Found it available at 2 online retailers. One shipping in 48 hours, the other 3 to 5 days and $50 off. It is new and supply lines being what they are.... I couldn't even get the KMC chain I needed for a couple months.

I'm reading through the threads to see if I can find the right bike stand for my Specialized Valdo 4.0 SL. Just got this bike over the weekend and I'm already in love with how it rides. And how light it is!

This is my second ebike. I made a lot of mistakes with my first one because I bought it at the beginning of the pandemic when the subway and buses stopped running reliably. So I didn't get to ask a lot of questions regarding maintenance in the name of Covid safety and all that. Long story short, the motor on my Specialized Como 4.0 died after only 3,100 miles. After a long chat with one of the ebike mechanics at my local bike shop who took pity on me, I now know better! He suggested getting a bike stand from Park Tools and learning to clean the chain, especially since I ride in all weather commuting to work and back.

After reading this thread and researching the Park Tools website, I'm interested in the PCS-10.3. I like the fact it has a quick-release clamp. I'm looking for a stand where I won't have to hold the bike for more than a few seconds with one hand to get it clamped on.

Would this be a good stand to get for a Valdo SL? Also, any advice on how to start learning the art of ebike maintenance will be appreciated!

Thanks for this forum. Tons of helpful information.
Yes I love my 10.3 and used it after a muddy ride yesterday to clean the bike:
I'm reading through the threads to see if I can find the right bike stand for my Specialized Valdo 4.0 SL. Just got this bike over the weekend and I'm already in love with how it rides. And how light it is!

This is my second ebike. I made a lot of mistakes with my first one because I bought it at the beginning of the pandemic when the subway and buses stopped running reliably. So I didn't get to ask a lot of questions regarding maintenance in the name of Covid safety and all that. Long story short, the motor on my Specialized Como 4.0 died after only 3,100 miles. After a long chat with one of the ebike mechanics at my local bike shop who took pity on me, I now know better! He suggested getting a bike stand from Park Tools and learning to clean the chain, especially since I ride in all weather commuting to work and back.

After reading this thread and researching the Park Tools website, I'm interested in the PCS-10.3. I like the fact it has a quick-release clamp. I'm looking for a stand where I won't have to hold the bike for more than a few seconds with one hand to get it clamped on.

Would this be a good stand to get for a Valdo SL? Also, any advice on how to start learning the art of ebike maintenance will be appreciated!

Thanks for this forum. Tons of helpful information.

Yes I love my 10.3 and used it to clean my eMTB after a muddy ride yesterday:

3E43EA1C-DF77-494D-B251-C2060F69BD59.jpeg

0CCDB7EE-0AAE-458C-A7DB-3F2C131A0811.jpeg

Back