Handlebars: Reise & Muller Supercharger 2

Aushiker

Region
Australia
City
Walyalup, Western Australia
I am a bit of a fan of Jones H-Bar handlebars and have a set on my Salsa Mukluk, but Jones bars only come in 31.8mm bar diameter, and the Supercharger is 25.4 mm. Anyway, I was interested to know if any Supercharger owners had swapped out the stock bars for something else, and if yes, what and how has this worked for you?

TIA.

I've put the Salsa Bend (17 deg) on mine. Salsa link. For me it's about right, don't really like more bend that that. The only problem is that it does in increase the reach by about 20 mm, and it has a fairly long reach anyway. Would put a shorter stem on, but that riser stem they use makes it difficult to find a replacement whilst keeping the same height.

Interesting. Which display are you using? Nyon?

Nope, just the basic Intuvia which mounts directly on the handlebar clamp area. (I use a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt v2 for everything else.)

I see in your other thread that your stem is 25.4, the Salsa Bend is 31.8 as are most good mtb bars. (I see in the R&M configurator there are both 25.4 & 31.8 depending on your choice, not clear what choice though.)

It's easy to fit a different bar if you change the stem, but like I said, difficult to get the rise - if that is what you want. R&M do cut their fork steerer tube short. You can get steerer tube extensions, but I've never used them and wouldn't on a dedicated mtb. Something like the Supercharger might be OK if you don't push up past the current stem height.

Looking at my Intuvia I would have no compunction taking the hacksaw to its mount to fit it elsewhere (ignoring warranties of course). They are just a piece of plastic with connectors and wires, and if one is careful, the core elements could be extracted to fit in something of your own design. Not my fault if you cut through the wires!! 😃

Back