Rocky Mountain Hardtails

StuartKuz

Region
USA
City
Longmont CO
So Rocky Mountain ebikes just poped onto my radar. I'm looking for a hardtail with mid motor, class 1, torque sensor, preferably under 50lb so that it may be ridden withour motor until my age kicks in, and under $4k. The Fusion 10 and Growler 30 seem to check a lot of boxes. Anyone have any experience with one of these? Anyone have experience with Dyname 3 or 4. It seems to add complexity with the extra gear. Anyone have some other suggestions? I really liked the Yamaho YDX Torq with the Shimano PW-X motor, but they don't make and XL- I'm 6'3". Orbea Kemen was fun to ride, but the battery is not removeable. I'm waiting for a local shop to get in a Trek Powerfly, with the known Bosch motor. Any suggestions are welcome.

So Rocky Mountain ebikes just poped onto my radar. I'm looking for a hardtail with mid motor, class 1, torque sensor, preferably under 50lb so that it may be ridden withour motor until my age kicks in, and under $4k. The Fusion 10 and Growler 30 seem to check a lot of boxes. Anyone have any experience with one of these? Anyone have experience with Dyname 3 or 4. It seems to add complexity with the extra gear. Anyone have some other suggestions? I really liked the Yamaho YDX Torq with the Shimano PW-X motor, but they don't make and XL- I'm 6'3". Orbea Kemen was fun to ride, but the battery is not removeable. I'm waiting for a local shop to get in a Trek Powerfly, with the known Bosch motor. Any suggestions are welcome.
@StuartKuz , what did you decide on? I'm looking at the Fusion as well but the lack of reliability data and test-ride opportunities are really making it tough to pull the trigger. Dealers around here don't seem to carry much stock, and I'm not sure if that's a good sign.

Hi Ted. I bought the Kona El Kahuna. I just rode past 200 miles on it and plan to write a 'first impressions' note any day now. Definetly ride before you buy. Make a list of priorities and then learn how much you are willing to compromise :) But don't analyze too long. I'm totally stoked by having this right here at home and easy to hop onto and ride.

Hi Stuart, you saw through me. LOL I'm the type who over thinks and now frozen in action. Interesting that bith RM and Kona, two homegrown brands, were on your radar screen. I agreed with you 100% on riding before you buy, especially on something that costs several thousands dollars. Couldn't wait to read your review of your new bike.

Back