Bafang M510 and Biktrix

Bubba zanetti

Region
Canada
City
Trail, BC
I’m curious if there are any thoughts or plans to include the Bafang M510 motor in future Biktrix models? Seems like a sweet motor for a FS bike and a little less weight to boot. 95 NM of torque slots it nicely in my mind. Frey has added it to create the Evolve Neo.

I’m curious if there are any thoughts or plans to include the Bafang M510 motor in future Biktrix models? Seems like a sweet motor for a FS bike and a little less weight to boot. 95 NM of torque slots it nicely in my mind. Frey has added it to create the Evolve Neo.
@roshan would be the fellow to ask.

We use M600 on our MC Lite.. When we tested M510 vs M600, there is really no noticeable difference in performance. Also, from experience, I have learnt to wait at least 2-3 generations before bringing a new Bafang motor to production.

Well, I stopped by the Kelowna store on Saturday and sat on a Blue MC Lite. Ticks a lot of boxes it does. I’ll be back in a couple of weeks for a test ride.

Yes. You are very likely right. To be be dead honest Roshan, I’m looking at the Rocky Mountain too. Though your provision of a throttle, for my knee, might be the reason I buy Biktrix

I have the M510 on my Frey Evolve Neo pro. It was initially fairly quiet when I got it but now I'm not happy with the high pitched whine that it makes especially on climbs. I've read elsewhere that its a common issue and there is a suggestion that the nylon gears are not adequately lubricated, hmmm.

nylon gears are not adequately lubricated, hmmm.
Bafang has improved factory lubrication some years ago, but I’d remain suspicious and confirm/regrease if warranted by inspection..

I have the M510 on my Frey Evolve Neo pro. It was initially fairly quiet when I got it but now I'm not happy with the high pitched whine that it makes especially on climbs. I've read elsewhere that its a common issue and there is a suggestion that the nylon gears are not adequately lubricated, hmmm.
Get some John Deere Cornhead grease, pull the motor, split the case, remove any factory grease (probably won't be much) and install about a tablespoon of the CH grease. Won't completely get rid of the whine but will certainly make it more efficient.

Thanks guys for the advice. It's still under warranty and I believe that splitting the case voids it. One of the hazards of buying online overseas:rolleyes:

Back