500S display password Bafang Hub Drive ?

DMG

Region
Canada
City
Saskatoon
Does anybody know the password for the iGo Extreme 3.0 E bike. It has the 500S control display. It is for the bike sold at Costco in Canada. I have tried 1919, 9191, 0512 and none of them work.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• E92A551F-935C-4CA2-B6B3-B12BDFAE1030.jpeg
    E92A551F-935C-4CA2-B6B3-B12BDFAE1030.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 318
  • 822A0F01-25CC-4BFB-A18C-FA213D1DEFA1.jpeg
    822A0F01-25CC-4BFB-A18C-FA213D1DEFA1.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 353
I’ve even emailed the company and they won’t give me the password

Someone figure this out yet or are we gonna split up the duty of cycling through all number sequences?

That answer will depend on if it worked for you or not...

And no, unfortunately 1199 or 9911 work.

We could do this all day
Anyone have a code they know works?

Ok, so seriously, wondering if you've been through an owners manual? The ones I've seen for other Bafang displays all mention the OEM passwords in the setup.

There have been posters on ebike forums with stolen bikes wanting passwords. Bafang does not manufacture displays. iGo May have created their own.
I’ve emailed
CALL! Have your serial number. Be prepared to produce a legal ID. I wouldn’t hand out a password by email either. Often a call will produce better results. They have a number! Now if someone re entered a new password, the games over. I did find a device on Aliexpress that will reset a couple of displays, bug not universal.

iGo manual has nothing...

Theres a friendly Chinese member here that is with a large display manufacturing company. Maybe someone remembers his handle? Stroke brain can’t find my file.

Ok, so seriously, wondering if you've been through an owners manual? The ones I've seen for other Bafang displays all mention the OEM passwords in the setup.
Not a fart in carload. Maybe it’s their attempt at security?

Ok okay.
On a serious note. The iGO comes with a 'Branded iGO' manual with user functions and a red x through the pass code option.
From the manual..
"...(password protected) functions within this section are not programmed by the consumer"
I have tried the iGO head office address 6035, the common ones such as 1919, 1199, 9911, 9191, the last 4 digits of the H.O. phone number 6686, 5012, 0000, 1234, 9876.

To no avail.
As you mentioned, there should be a separate manual for the display/controller itself and for the brakes, fork etc...things I got upon buying my last bike, a Scott Spark. iGO drafted their own owners manual to include the basics but there is no OEM material for each separate component, certainly not the controller or display.

I appreciate the help.
I want to crack the code.
I don't believe companies should lock a consumer out of something that they own.

Frustrating to say the least.
And just to follow up, I have three other ebikes, all without a locked ECM. I can easily change the perameters on all my other bikes, just locked out of this 500s.

Last edited:
Not a fart in carload. Maybe it’s their attempt at security?
Totally my initial thought.
However, the passcode lock is not locking out anyone from stealing your bike, it is a pass code to the ecm.
Think of it like a car. I have the keys and can unlock and drive it without any issues. As soon as I hook the ecm up to a reader to see the fun-stuff (parameters), it requires a code.

Yeah. The manual sucks! NOTHING regarding a password.

BUT COSTCO? No help? I’ve never hit a support dead end with Costco. We first shopped in their Las Vegas store more than 30 years ago. They solved every product issue for us.

1369515-Manual-EN.png

is a pass code to the ecm.
🤣
I’m not confused. Every display I’ve seen, dozens doing support, works as you describe. iGo isn’t anything special or unusual. Did you buy it new? I missed that if you did.

🤣
I’m not confused. Every display I’ve seen, dozens doing support, works as you describe. iGo isn’t anything special or unusual. Did you buy it new? I missed that if you did.
Never Ridden.
Assembled days ago.
Brand new out of box.
Honestly, I'm not sure what you were getting to, please help

Yeah. The manual sucks! NOTHING regarding a password.

BUT COSTCO? No help? I’ve never hit a support dead end with Costco. We first shopped in their Las Vegas store more than 30 years ago. They solved every product issue for us.

View attachment 120367
Good show!
I'll try Costco.ca Customer Service.
I bought it direct from iGO...its the updated 2022 frame and paint scheme. On a side note, aside from the frame update, also came without the glorified marketed 'Branded Juggernaut Sport' tires, rather a KENDA stamp in black rubber on the sidewall and what appears to be the same tread pattern as the Juggernaut Sport but no way of knowing for if it is a Juggernaut for certain.
Now you said that, I'm wondering if anyone has opened up their controller housing and looked on the actual controller itself to see if there is a password on there somewhere?

Back