500S display password Bafang Hub Drive ?

Never Ridden.
Assembled days ago.
Brand new out of box.
Honestly, I'm not sure what you were getting to, please help
I’m sorry. I got the impression you thought you had something unusual that you described how the display communicates. It’s typical. Again, what does Costco say? ive purchased thousands in electronics, TV, stereo, radios, and more and they always stand tall. I do find it odd that none of the manuals I searched from iGo mention a password. As I posted in the photo of my search. I put 4 manual in my iBooks on my iPad to do a precise search. NADA!

Good show!
I'll try Costco.ca Customer Service.
I bought it direct from iGO...its the updated 2022 frame and paint scheme. On a side note, aside from the frame update, also came without the glorified marketed 'Branded Juggernaut Sport' tires, rather a KENDA stamp in black rubber on the sidewall and what appears to be the same tread pattern as the Juggernaut Sport but no way of knowing for if it is a Juggernaut for certain.
Now you said that, I'm wondering if anyone has opened up their controller housing and looked on the actual controller itself to see if there is a password on there somewhere?
Many Biktrix frames are/were “off the shelf” I found drawings from China frame makers for available frames matching biktrix design. BTW my KHS frames all have Kenda tires. Incredibly tough tires. Pre covid they were half of today’s prices.

Yeah. The manual sucks! NOTHING regarding a password.

BUT COSTCO? No help? I’ve never hit a support dead end with Costco. We first shopped in their Las Vegas store more than 30 years ago. They solved every product issue for us.

View attachment 120367
P.s. Costco Canada has discontinued the sale of the iGO Extreme 3.0. They no longer have them in store and if you go to Costco.ca they are 2400...still less than direct from iGO at 2699 but WAY up from the 1899 Costco initially set the price at.
Again, the Costco model is slightly, just slightly, different than the 'same model' you see online.

Other than the frame paint scheme being slightly different, not sure if there are any other changes.

Many Biktrix frames are/were “off the shelf” I found drawings from China frame makers for available frames matching biktrix design. BTW my KHS frames all have Kenda tires. Incredibly tough tires. Pre covid they were half of today’s prices.
Thanks for the follow up.
I hope to crack this thing.
I roll Kenda on a fee bikes at home and have done so over the years.
I like Kenda as well, but I have Kendas ranging from 50 buks to 180 dollars on my bikes. The Juggernaut Sport is about 124.99 per tire in my area but I can get a generic KENDA from Canadian Tire for 39 bucks.
Was disapointed they advertise the Juggernaut Sport but instead put a generic Kenda on there UNBEKNOWNST to me before buying it.
Nowhere in the 'fine print' do they mention the bike may come with something different.

Sorry, the OP was the Costco buyer.

iGo sucks for locking things down. Ridiculous.

Thanks for the follow up.
I hope to crack this thing.
I roll Kenda on a fee bikes at home and have done so over the years.
I like Kenda as well, but I have Kendas ranging from 50 buks to 180 dollars on my bikes. The Juggernaut Sport is about 124.99 per tire in my area but I can get a generic KENDA from Canadian Tire for 39 bucks.
Was disapointed they advertise the Juggernaut Sport but instead put a generic Kenda on there UNBEKNOWNST to me before buying it.
Nowhere in the 'fine print' do they mention the bike may come with something different.
I contacted kenda tire about generic versions of their tires and they told me that they were all made in the same place. If you have the same tpi... I wouldn't worry too much about it

I contacted kenda tire about generic versions of their tires and they told me that they were all made in the same place. If you have the same tpi... I wouldn't worry too much about it
I totally agree.
There is no specs about 30, 60, 120 tpi or is its is a nylon or wire beaded casting ...
Is what is it, I'll burn them and replace them or replace them if they ride sloppy.

were all made in the same place.
So we’re these,

🤫

kids_trek_tricycle_trikester_p_1592707729_240e140a_progressive.jpg

1650203153008.jpeg

Back to the matter at hand and with all due respect to the OP

Sorry for getting wrapped up in things and carried away from the issue at hand.

Anyone wanna start dividing the numbers and we can each run the sequence till its cracked?

Lol
Why iGO, just why?
I'm sure it's marketing cause they launched the iGO Connect App and want that feature of tuning left for those bikes only.
Those of us that want to change parameters within an non-igo-connect display should just upgrade out bikes I guess lmao 🤣

Back to the matter at hand and with all due respect to the OP

Sorry for getting wrapped up in things and carried away from the issue at hand.

Anyone wanna start dividing the numbers and we can each run the sequence till its cracked?

Lol
Why iGO, just why?
I'm sure it's marketing cause they launched the iGO Connect App and want that feature of tuning left for those bikes only.
Those of us that want to change parameters within an non-igo-connect display should just upgrade out bikes I guess lmao 🤣

It's like ordering a set of truck tires. You order and pay for Michelin x-ice2 tires. Go in to the ship to pick them up and all it says is Michelin on it - completely void of the model name or usual specs.
Would you go along with it and be satisfied with the kid at service telling you, "...they are Michelin tires Sir. It says it on the tire. You're fine, I wouldn't worry about it."

Just saying.

It is what it is. My point was I can buy a generic Kenda fat tire for 39 buks but Kenda also makes the same size tire with the same tpi for 200 dollars. Difference being rubber composite, I am assuming. It would just have been nice if it came with the tire they advertise comes with it.
Again, is what it is. I'll roll them and see, dont wanna spend even more money if I can avoid it.

Again, is what it is. I'll roll them and see, dont wanna spend even more money if I can avoid it.
I’m very suspicious. Covid price gauging is rampant. My Kenda more than doubled. Amazon has always had “traps” identical products in two categories at two prices. Sometimes the price is doubled in in one catagory.

Laughing out loud
This thread is about cracking the 500s on an iGO
Sry OP
Yeah you get the two of us in a thread and, well we have our own troop and merit badges we’ve earned.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-17 at 9.07.40 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-17 at 9.07.40 AM.png
    79.1 KB · Views: 120
500C manual addresses the password. 1919. 500S manual the same.
APT DEVELOP wrote a firmware file, “is coming.” Maybe they will respond.

“I well enjoy good banter” With the resident banty roosters! ;)

Last edited:
500C manual addresses the password. 1919. 500S manual has no reference to any password.
Yes.
Like I mentioned above. It appears as though it part of their marketing scheme.
It seems as though they are pushing the iGO connect app. The new 500 S display isn't the catalyst here though.
Let's get nitty gritty for a moment.
25 amp mosfet DC controller on Core series and pretty much everything else in that line up other than any model with to 500s because it runs a
65 amp mosfet DC controller on Outland series that pair up with the 500c BLE display.
My assumption is that the motor itself has different sensor wires that in turn, lead into that 65 amp controller allowing for 'flexibility' when tuning.

The OEM 25 amp controller on the Core series appears to run the same motor as the OKA - 48v 500w Bafang motor (80nm).
In the same series and iGO Connect App capable eBike in that Outland Series is the Laurentian. But get this, it's a 48v 500w Bafang motor (53nm).
So draws me back to the fact my motor is capable of more and they allow it on the OKA but lock the parameters on the Core Series so consumers are forced to upgrade.
I could in theory just change the controller and display but even then, iGO Customer Service told me that was not possible because the wiring is different...motor sensors?

Edit 35 amp (not 25 amp) vs 65 amp

Last edited:
Back