500S display password Bafang Hub Drive ?

The only thing lower than a snake is a salesman. Salesmen will need a ladder to reach a snake's belly. ANOTHER good reason to avoid dealers....

The "wired different" comment was very likely made to conceal his ignorance.

What is the significance of the BLE designation?

Anyway, this display LOOKS like it uses the round green connector that Bafang uses, no? At this point, with nothing to loose, have you tried plugging in a Bafang display to see if it will work?

The only thing lower than a snake is a salesman. Salesmen will need a ladder to reach a snake's belly. ANOTHER good reason to avoid dealers....

Anyway, this display LOOKS like it uses the round green connector that Bafang uses, no? At this point, with nothing to loose, have you tried plugging in a Bafang display to see if it will work?
Brilliant idea, yes, standard 5 pin waterproof Connector.
I only have a white clip connection on my first 2 ebikes and the 3rd had what appears to be the same connection but is a 7 pin.

If I manage to get my hands on a 5 pin 500c, I'm laughing...then will know if it is even possible.

AHIcks
Certainly the individual from this forum that went on a paid tour of the APT Display factory in China has some sort of contact there and can obtain a code, no?

AHIcks
Certainly the individual from this forum that went on a paid tour of the APT Display factory in China has some sort of contact there and can obtain a code, no?
Not my style waiting/messing around with that kind of potential. More of a go for it type. Here's a pic of a 500C display, and what appears to be a round green 5 wire connector....

https://www.amazon.com/BAFANG-Color...7640&sprefix=500c+display,aps,110&sr=8-2&th=1

Here's another for a little less, but my concern is that it wouldn't arrive until June....

Not my style waiting/messing around with that kind of potential. More of a go for it type. Here's a pic of a 500C display, and what appears to be a round green 5 wire connector....

https://www.amazon.com/BAFANG-Color-Display-Drive-Motor/dp/B07GNL1YMJ/ref=sr_1_2?crid=Q7JBJ19RY102&keywords=500c+display+bafang&qid=1650327640&sprefix=500c+display,aps,110&sr=8-2&th=1

Here's another for a little less, but my concern is that it wouldn't arrive until June....
Thank you very much AHicks!
i needed someone to concur with and bite the bullet on my initial thoughs, just buy a dam display and be done with all the fools at iGO.

Do you know the difference between a, "...for mid drive ebikes", display and a hub? Even make a difference that they designate if for mid drives?

Thank you very much AHicks!
i needed someone to concur with and bite the bullet on my initial thoughs, just buy a dam display and be done with all the fools at iGO.

Do you know the difference between a, "...for mid drive ebikes", display and a hub? Even make a difference that they designate if for mid drives?
I'm sorry. I can't help you there. Some of the adds I checked out did mention "8fun" and I beleive that's a geared hub. Nice thing about Amazon source is that if you are very careful unwrapping and handling it, and it didn't work right.........

Nice thing about Amazon source is that if you are very careful unwrapping and handling it, and it didn't work right.........
Amazon fulfillment and all may be well, but there’s a plethora of hit and miss Chinese sellers that offer no return protect and lousy support.

Selling on Amazon is HUGE in China. In fact, by our own research, Chinese sellers make up over 63% of all third-party sellers on Amazon.
https://www.ecomcrew.com/chinese-sellers-manipulating-amazon/
In this article, we’ll look at how many Chinese sellers there are more closely and the tactics being used by Chinese Amazon sellers in 2022 to manipulate the platform. We’ll also re-explore some of the old tricks they’ve been using for some time now.

”In terms of product liability, Amazon puts the onus on sellers. Courts have frequently upheld the opinion that Amazon bears no liability in defective items). While Amazon has a requirement for sellers to hold at least $1million in product liability insurance, it’s no secret that Amazon does not enforce this requirement. And once again, it does not take a law degree to realize that an American business with domestic assets is going to be a lot more susceptible to product liability lawsuits than a foreign business, especially a Chinese one.”

So the "...wired differently" comment t is most likely from the fact the iGO display has a male 5 pin joined with a female that leads to the male end and into the controllers female input.
Seems as though every display sold on the aftermarket has a female 5pin.
Hopefully it is as simple as buying a male to male 5pin extension and have no issues.

Reactions: DMG
So the "...wired differently" comment t is most likely from the fact the iGO display has a male 5 pin joined with a female that leads to the male end and into the controllers female input.
Seems as though every display sold on the aftermarket has a female 5pin.
Hopefully it is as simple as buying a male to male 5pin extension and have no issues.
It's more serious than just matching up the wires/wire functions. These displays use a form of serial communications from the controller to the display and back. There are no standards set to define those communications, so your chances of an unmatched controller/display being fully functional are remote at best. Some will actually tease you with their ability to light up the display - and STILL not be able to communicate with the controller. I'm not positive on the Bafang stuff, but I am on the KT based equipment. If you want a display to talk to a KT controller, it had better be a KT display.... -Al

It's more serious than just matching up the wires/wire functions. These displays use a form of serial communications from the controller to the display and back. There are no standards set to define those communications, so your chances of an unmatched controller/display being fully functional are remote at best. Some will actually tease you with their ability to light up the display - and STILL not be able to communicate with the controller. I'm not positive on the Bafang stuff, but I am on the KT based equipment. If you want a display to talk to a KT controller, it had better be a KT display.... -Al
Thanks AL, I'm prepared for it not handshaking properly but nonetheless, was the last option as u know.
Crossing my fingers.
P.s. run 2 bikes with kt - kit and no issues so far. I think there's more valuable info readily available when dealing with KT.
🤞wish me luck

I was in a similar boat, wanted to upgrade to the color 500c display and came across this thread. What menu options does the advanced setting have anyway? Any ability to remove the 32kmh limit? (iGo Core Extreme 3.0).

👍

Seems to be a iGO thing. Everyone else I’ve contacted has looked into it and said they don’t know the password, where iGO said they just simply won’t give it to me.

I have emailed APT. I’ll let everybody know when they respond.
HI, any response yet from APT?

Back