500S display password Bafang Hub Drive ?

No clue what that's supposed to mean, but if you're saying the passwords are never included in the manual, here's an example of one provided for the 750C display.
Check out the top of page 9 here:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...FT_750C_LCD_User_Description.pdf?v=1594654778
Oh Al. It’s so much more fun when you’re not grumpy.
Middle 60’s Mexican cigarettes labeled “Horseshit” and not a fart in a carload.
500s has no password in the entire manual.

BTW it’s an APT DEVELOP display. With firmware that is different for different OEMs.

Gentlemen.
Ahem...waiting for a post from the resident display guru myself.
My overly long post of its a marketing scheme seems to be zeroing in on being correct.
*NO ACCESS ON OUR NO -CONNECT VERSIONS (WE LOCKED YOU OUT FROM TUNING AT ALL)
OR
**ALL ACCESS GRANTED IF YOU SPEND MORE FOR ON ONE OF OUR COMPATIBLE VERSIONS

* sh^t outta luck, even if the motors are the same
**just a lil more $$$ and you'll be set free

Thank you in advance iGO.

Truly,

Ievn Felforit

At least I don’t swear, potty mouth. I think Kingsley might be our relative.
That may be the case, live in south Ontario Canada now but lived in Thief River Falls, small chance this conversation may grow quickly and on a scalable level.
My last name isn't Halvorson though...but knew about 11,947 Halvorsons when living in MN.
Bounced at a bar called the rusty nail as a freshman, learned quickly how to keep a good banter with just about anyone. definately those with a side piece or buck-knife belted to their hip.
Let's say, you get real good, real quick, gettin' along with ppl...online banter is child's play..no?

1199 was my guess (its what Luna's 500C displays use) and I see thats already failed.

How about looking for iGo user groups on Facebook? The IGO Electric Bike Owners Group has all of 109 members, but thats 107 more than are in this thread :D

But your highly enlightened BS is ok? Is Anal retentive hyphenated?
You are more than welcome to call me out on any BS I write. Actually I would welcome it. If you do that, one of us might learn something.....

Well, I tried a few more codes but to no avail.
I'll try again tomorrow.
I am already part of the iGO Facebook group.
Everyone there is a happy rider, likes to show off their new pannier rack saddle bags...not my thing really and doubt very highly if anyone on that forum even knows what an ECM is. So, puts me back here again in hopes to crack this code.

1199 was my guess (its what Luna's 500C displays use) and I see thats already failed.

How about looking for iGo user groups on Facebook? The IGO Electric Bike Owners Group has all of 109 members, but thats 107 more than are in this thread :D
Already a member.
Nobody on that forum would have a clue what an ECM is.
Needless to say, I posted out a feeler and have my fingers crossed.

Costco - no go
iGo - "password not give out"
Bafang - "it's not ours"
Alibaba MFG - no answer

Attachments

• DF3F1CA1-ECA3-4ECC-BE98-0E0B922AAE03.jpeg
    DF3F1CA1-ECA3-4ECC-BE98-0E0B922AAE03.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 2C2550A2-AE11-48D4-858B-2A4D5B870F8F.jpeg
    2C2550A2-AE11-48D4-858B-2A4D5B870F8F.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 193
  • C72B8F9C-3C51-4AB0-9D7A-636C8A9C6DD2.jpeg
    C72B8F9C-3C51-4AB0-9D7A-636C8A9C6DD2.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 198
  • 710868C3-07B5-4992-954F-20E85EE9EAE7.jpeg
    710868C3-07B5-4992-954F-20E85EE9EAE7.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 199
  • tempImage8kie0F.png
    tempImage8kie0F.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 217
  • tempImageXHucQX.png
    tempImageXHucQX.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 212
You can try APT...
IGO customer service just responded to my request and basically told me no.
We will not give you the password.

NO other ebike company does this.
Not one of our other 3 eBikes has this issue, as we were never locked out of those ecm's.

Where is the arrogance coming from, or is it simply an iGO thing?

You can try APT...
👍
IGO customer service just responded to my request and basically told me no.
We will not give you the password.

NO other ebike company does this.
Not one of our other 3 eBikes has this issue, as we were never locked out of those ecm's.

Where is the arrogance coming from, or is it simply an iGO thing?
Seems to be a iGO thing. Everyone else I’ve contacted has looked into it and said they don’t know the password, where iGO said they just simply won’t give it to me.

I have emailed APT. I’ll let everybody know when they respond.

👍

Seems to be a iGO thing. Everyone else I’ve contacted has looked into it and said they don’t know the password, where iGO said they just simply won’t give it to me.

I have emailed APT. I’ll let everybody know when they respond.
Really appreciated!
Thank you

I Canada we just passed a law banning companies from locking our devices (carrier locking our smartphones)..something about they don't have that right under law to do so, now all devices come unlocked and those that were locked previously; the carrier has to provide that unlock code under the new laws.
Early on during that transition, I had a Blackberry z30 that never got unlocked, was a Blackberry thing and I never managed to resolve that issue, even with the law on my side.
iGO isn't Blackberry, I know, but they share the same sentiment of arrogance imo...albeit, Blackberry was founded on being the most secure smartphone in the world, what is iGO's reasoning for doing this...other than a grand marketing scheme to force consumers to buy another iGO that they allow tuning on?

Frustrating when a company thinks they still have an incling of ownership of something they no longer have ownership of.

Ugh!!!

Someone from EBR did a series of factory videos from the APT plant in China.
Hopefully that someone has enough 'sway' to aquire this password for us iGO users.

But I won't be the blue guy in the corner waiting lol...crossing fingers!

Reactions: DMG
Well, on another forum the Sales Rep for iGO just basically told me to buy another iGO as my solution for no having a password locked ecm.

I figured it was a huge marketing scheme to force ppl to spend more money and as it turns out that is exactly what the iGO Sales and Marketing exec. Told me.

It's disgusting, I JUST bought this bike...dont plan on spending any more money anytime soon.

I don't have a clue about these displays, but maybe time to investigate buying a replacement display, with password, from another source that uses the same controller? Thought being that might provide a plug and play solution that won't break the bank....

I don't have a clue about these displays, but maybe time to investigate buying a replacement display, with password, from another source that uses the same controller? Thought being that might provide a plug and play solution that won't break the bank....
I totally agree and drew to that exact conclusion before surfing this forum.
iGO customer service told me changing the display was not possible because, "...its wired differently".
That is why I assumed there were maybe different sensor wires that wouldn't merry up with the 500c...I no longer think that is the case, you clarified that already 4 me.

So draws back to iGO using the LCD-500c BLE it to glorify the 'option' of tuning.

$$$$$$

Again, the Sales and Marketing Manager ignorantly told me to buy a new iGO with the new display and controller to solve my dilemma...

Back