~50 lbs, full featured Watt Wagons City Commuter! Class 3 with throttle, $3199, optional electronic shifting, shipping July !

I f-ing love this bike! The damn Superbike better look just as good, if not better!!! Clearly the focus is on this surprise launch, but I'm with @byunbee we need to see something soon on the superbike soon, otherwise we might have to buy this thing to survive the summer.

I f-ing love this bike! The damn Superbike better look just as good, if not better!!! Clearly the focus is on this surprise launch, but I'm with @byunbee we need to see something soon on the superbike soon, otherwise we might have to buy this thing to survive the summer.
This is my way of saying...what's the discount for current WW customers? We just bought the Kid a new bike, but I might be able to convince the Girl to get an e-bike with me....

Looks like you could put 1-2 more batteries on the frame with some creativity, and another one on the rear rack. Imagine the range and marketing potential.🤡

This is my way of saying...what's the discount for current WW customers? We just bought the Kid a new bike, but I might be able to convince the Girl to get an e-bike with me....

10% off the entire order that includes the bike (including upgrades / options / extra battery pack etc) .

Wow! This bike really seems to hit the sweet spot for a well thought out commuter IMHO. Well done.

It appears to have vertical dropouts attached to a sliding "bracket" of sorts (sorry I don't know the technical term). Is there a a belt tensioning bolt for relatively simple micro-adjustment of belt tension?

I'm glad to hear that the production model will have seat stay braze ons. I like the rack/fender combo, but it is always nice to have flexibility of future rack options if desired.

Really beautiful and functional build.

Thanks bud.

1. Yes it will have the braze ons.
2. Yes the dropouts are adjustable - the belt tensioner is on the inner side of the dropout - keeps it concealed and nicer looking.

I am just putting it up on the website. Still have factory pics.. I will post better pics of the bike once I have it here in a week or so.

2. We have regular and Mixte versions of the bike. We needed clearance for dual battery and couldn’t do a classic mid step.
Hey Pushkar, do you have any photos of the mixte frame to share?

Also, when it comes to pedaling without assist, where would you place motor resistance compared to other mid-drives (say, Shimano or Brose/Specialized)?

I'm only asking because I had a recent health scare, and my original plan for a "brand" mid-drive have shifted to a mixte/step-thru frame, and I'd now like a throttle on a mid-drive that isn't a 60+ lbs monster.

Hey Pushkar, do you have any photos of the mixte frame to share?

Also, when it comes to pedaling without assist, where would you place motor resistance compared to other mid-drives (say, Shimano or Brose/Specialized)?

I'm only asking because I had a recent health scare, and my original plan for a "brand" mid-drive have shifted to a mixte/step-thru frame, and I'd now like a throttle on a mid-drive that isn't a 60+ lbs monster.

1. I will have those soon. Just waiting for the first set of bikes to get here.

2. Pedaling without assist - I would recommend having the motor on, and keep assist at 0 if you want to pedal without assist ( like a normal bike). If you completely switch off the motor, you will get resistance (back EMF) no matter what motor it is. Some motors do a slightly better job. Assist level "0" provides a little bit of current to neutralize this electromagnetic resistance.

I hope you feel better though. Health scares are not fun :(

1. I will have those soon. Just waiting for the first set of bikes to get here.

2. Pedaling without assist - I would recommend having the motor on, and keep assist at 0 if you want to pedal without assist ( like a normal bike). If you completely switch off the motor, you will get resistance (back EMF) no matter what motor it is. Some motors do a slightly better job. Assist level "0" provides a little bit of current to neutralize this electromagnetic resistance.

I hope you feel better though. Health scares are not fun :(
Thanks! I thought I was doing fine... but apparently not THAT fine! I'm okay now, but it's a lifestyle changer.

Having the assist on 0 as opposed to off would work for me. Can't wait to see the mixte frame.

Nice bike Pushkar. Your bikes have been out of my price range until now. I will have a $3500 max budget and that now puts you in the running. It will be early next year before I will be ready but I'm paying attention now to whats out there. I don't need extra battery but would like a step through model though. Any chance you can offer one?

A mixte frame is reasonably close to a step-through.

Note that on post #16 of this thread, Pushkar stated:

We have regular and Mixte versions of the bike. We needed clearance for dual battery and couldn’t do a classic mid step.

Sorry not familiar with the mixte term. Glad to see it means what I want.

A Peugeot mixte frame bicycle

One particular type of step-through frame is called a mixte. In a mixte frame, the top tube of the traditional diamond frame is replaced with a pair of smaller tubes (lateral tubes, or lats) running from the top of the head tube all the way back to the rear axle, connecting at the seat tube on the way. The normal seat stays and chainstays are retained. This provides the lower standover height of a step-through frame bicycle with a strong diamond-frame geometry.

Mixte (pronounced [mikst]) is a direct appropriation of the French word meaning "mixed" or "unisex". The usual North American bicycle industry pronunciation of this loan word is /ˈmɪkstiː A variant on the mixte uses a single, full-sized top tube running from the upper head tube to the seat tube, but retains the middle set of stays. The FNCRM (Fédération Nationale du Commerce et de la Réparation du Cycle et du Motocycle) calls this style a sport. Other named French styles of step-through frames, in addition to mixte and sport, include berceau, Anglais, jumele, col de cygne and double col de cygne.

A Peugeot mixte frame bicycle

One particular type of step-through frame is called a mixte. In a mixte frame, the top tube of the traditional diamond frame is replaced with a pair of smaller tubes (lateral tubes, or lats) running from the top of the head tube all the way back to the rear axle, connecting at the seat tube on the way. The normal seat stays and chainstays are retained. This provides the lower standover height of a step-through frame bicycle with a strong diamond-frame geometry.

Mixte (pronounced [mikst]) is a direct appropriation of the French word meaning "mixed" or "unisex". The usual North American bicycle industry pronunciation of this loan word is /ˈmɪkstiː A variant on the mixte uses a single, full-sized top tube running from the upper head tube to the seat tube, but retains the middle set of stays. The FNCRM (Fédération Nationale du Commerce et de la Réparation du Cycle et du Motocycle) calls this style a sport. Other named French styles of step-through frames, in addition to mixte and sport, include berceau, Anglais, jumele, col de cygne and double col de cygne.
Here's a more recent example of mixte frame.
1590795639420.png

Back