~50 lbs, full featured Watt Wagons City Commuter! Class 3 with throttle, $3199, optional electronic shifting, shipping July !

What happened to the superbike? I thought that was the next model in line. It feels like this bike took cuts in line....😞😒:rolleyes:😋🙂😁
We are tracking That as well. Frame will be done in a few weeks and then quick build. I received the supernova lights earlier this week - finalizing the harness.

We are tracking That as well. Frame will be done in a few weeks and then quick build. I received the supernova lights earlier this week - finalizing the harness.
Just giving you a hard time @pushkar. I know you're working hard to get us a quality bike as soon as possible. 🤜🤛

Other than the rack, this looks like a really interesting bike. Any photos with a second battery mounted?

Other than the rack, this looks like a really interesting bike. Any photos with a second battery mounted?

This is the shark pack. Will be the same as the Jumbo shark. The Titan will be a tight fit, but doable.
Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 8.21.52 AM.png

The Bafang M600 has had some teething issue's, it's first version had plastic gears which failed under hill climbing high torque situations, so they switched to steel, that caused another problem, noise.
Another company developed the solution, a PEEK plastic gear, strong and way less noise. With this PEEK gear, you have one of the better motors out there silent and powerful, and not as heavy as the ultra but still at 120nm. I have seen 120nm mid-drives climb some big hills, this motor is worthy of consideration.

Sounds cool, but you do realize that the average weight of American males over the age of 20 is now 197.6 pounds? It's absurd that people are now this big in the US, but it is what it is and with a weight limit of 210 pounds you're cutting off a huge hunk of your potential buyers.

The Bafang M600 has had some teething issue's, it's first version had plastic gears which failed under hill climbing high torque situations, so they switched to steel, that caused another problem, noise.
Another company developed the solution, a PEEK plastic gear, strong and way less noise. With this PEEK gear, you have one of the better motors out there silent and powerful, and not as heavy as the ultra but still at 120nm. I have seen 120nm mid-drives climb some big hills, this motor is worthy of consideration.

Yup, the M600 is a happy medium for performance / weight combo. The motor has been around for 2-3 years now and I think it is a great fit for city / short distances. It can also perform well in a pinch (uphill, a little off road). Short hills was our use case for SFO terrain btw.. :)

any options on the front fork? I would be a little concerned that there could be a large glut of ebikes available in a few months, supply and demand

Sounds cool, but you do realize that the average weight of American males over the age of 20 is now 197.6 pounds? It's absurd that people are now this big in the US, but it is what it is and with a weight limit of 210 pounds you're cutting off a huge hunk of your potential buyers.

The overall design consideration was total weight (~50 lbs). For city riding, we are assuming folks are not lugging around 50-60 lbs of cargo. Notice that the 210lb limit does not include the weight of the second battery. So you can do 235lbs with single battery no problem. I wanted to be clear about what is ideal maxed out weight with the second battery included. I will add that note / clarification to the 210 limit.

Does that help ? Clearly I am not good at marketing. 😂

any options on the front fork? I would be a little concerned that there could be a large glut of ebikes available in a few months, supply and demand

Great point on the supply / demand. Not sure where we land tbh.

On the front fork - yes, you can choose a suspension fork but that adds nearly 3 lbs of weight to the bike.

If weight is not a concern, then I would just do the new UC Pro (Superbike). If you option out this bike with the similar parts, you are within 1-5 lbs of the new UC Pro . e.g. brookes saddle is nearly 1.5lbs-2lbs ... suspension seatpost is another 3-4 lbs. those things add up very quickly.

This motor seems like a beast. 50mph in it's base configuration. Not that I would ever ride something that fast Interesting review.
That motor is impressive but it's not for me. I'd never want to go that fast. Roughly 25-30 mph is fast enough for me. That motor is so powerful that I'd actually be afraid of riding near people who have that on their bike. Someone riding that recklessly or losing control could take you out when you're riding. I certainly would be a bit nervous around someone who is riding with that kind of power.

With power comes responsibility, you don’t have to use all of it all the time. That person that does is there anyway they have found other ways to get there bike power aside form this bike. Think hills and commuting for example.

Back