Petropoliskhan

Region
Europe
City
Brussels
Hi, Check out the new Stromer flagship model: The ST7!
Presented today at the Eurobike show in Germany
https://www.stromerbike.com/en/models/stromer-st7-launch-edition (matte gold) later dark grey
See introductory video below onYT
New frame
940 Watts nominal.
52Nm of torque
1440 Wh battery 48V
ABS braking on front wheel standard
Gates carbon belt
World premiere:
Pinion Smart.shift C1.12i
Pinion Smart.Shift combines the reliable and almost maintenance-free gearbox shifting technology with the advantages of pushbutton electric shifting. Shifting is done at the touch of a button – quickly, ergonomically, and intuitively. The system shifts while riding, while stationary, and while under load!
The other functions are also smart: The starting gear can be pre-selected and thanks to the integrated shift indicator in the E-bike display, the selected gear is visible while riding.
See YT video below

Large-volume Pirelli Angel ST Sport tires
New Brooks saddle and grips
Tektro 203mm Quad piston brakes front & rear
Full connectivity with free app, GPS localization, over-the-air-updates, Smartlock, motor settings, stats and service-reminder
Industry brightest Supernova M99 Pro headlight
Optional upside down fork from Wren and Kinekt supension seatpost.
Starting price 12184 euros ! oucho_O
Yeah it's a lot of money but innovation, unsurpassed performance (street legal bike in Europe) and design packaging always comes with a hefty price tag. Also please check out the price of other flagship bikes from Riese & Muller, Specialized, Trek and others. Their very highest offerings also command these stratospheric prices for carbon recreational road and MTB bikes. This is meant to replace a car and be used everyday for commuting so will more than likely be ridden many more miles than the aforementioned weekend rides.
Capture d’écran 2022-07-12 à 20.24.10.png
Capture d’écran 2022-07-12 à 20.23.23.pngmyStromer_Leporello_ST7_Eurobike_MY23_RZ_NL_web_einzelseiten_00005.jpegStromer ST7 PINION Smartshift.jpegStromer ST7 PINION Smartshift switchers.jpegStromer ST7 persbericht.jpegStromer ST7 Tech sheet 2.jpegPINION C1.12.PNG
Stromer ST7 Platinum Grey 2.jpeg

Some Info from Stromer, some from the Dutch speaking speedpedelecreview.com forum. Check out Stromeur's excellent preliminary review with google translate https://www.speedpedelecreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5296&start=10

Last edited:
Very tempting, for sure
1. Didn’t think 11 gears were necessary but they quote 600% range which is nice.
2. Going E shifting for me was huge deal, as current Di2 spoils one. Better Performance and ditching the clunky cables. Oh , and NO Twist grip shift is big.
3. As always, they are mighty proud of their battery……. 2, 794 Euro…..yikes
4. The gold …. not liking the pictures.
Dark color with gold highlights, like ST2-S red highlights, would have been much better imo.
5. Very intriguing for all bike addicts…..
6. With WREN inverted fork and susp seat, the price will make you dizzy.!

I love what Stromer designs and riding dynamics but not sure of how this would get fixed if I had an issue with no dealer in my state. I too would not ride without front suspension, the seat suspension is a given and should come with it.

I’ve searched high and low and haven’t found how much this bike weighs.
The ST5 weighs 67 lbs,, so I’m guessing this BIG BOY will weigh a good 80 lbs !
Gonna be a challenge loading it onto a bike rack and it may exceed the weight rating of said bike rack.
Anybody know how much this ST7 weighs?

I’ve searched high and low and haven’t found how much this bike weighs.
The ST5 weighs 67 lbs,, so I’m guessing this BIG BOY will weigh a good 80 lbs !
Gonna be a challenge loading it onto a bike rack and it may exceed the weight rating of said bike rack.
Anybody know how much this ST7 weighs?
Someone said 37Kg which is 81.57lb

The belt tensioner and spring are Unfortunate.
they Seem to need tensioner, and pretty sure they know what they are doing.

Sorry. I didn’t mean to be vague. Because it looks like a afterthought and in my eyes ugly compared to the rest of bike.

In the above link, it is mentioned that the M99 Pro headlight is being replaced by the M99 Pro 2. It's not clear if or when the ST7 will get this new headlight, but I found the M99Pro 2 product page. The page should detect that English is likely your preferred language and let you switch via a pop up in the lower left. The cookies popup can be dismissed by clicking the light grey button to allow only essential cookies.

Mediocre effort from Stromer ! If it was carbon fiber frame maybe a satisfactory rating.

Add a 24/7 oncall ebike mechanic sent by helicopter anywhere in the continental Us+ a spare St7 (once the current one breaks down) and it may be a very tempting toy.

M1 Spitzing did this project with a better ebike (minus the Gps and Omni) almost 6-7years ago, so this is garbage priced @ 13.000€ or 15.000€ but 1 euro=1$ >that is a better deal for the US customer👋.

Here's the issue:

The era of hamster pedalling is coming close to an end. What i mean is most of u are pedalling below 75rpm > ur HR will be at about 55-60% of max. HR which is almost the same if u were just standing on the saddle and enjoying the ebike using a throttle NOT bothering with the unecessary mental efforts :

-shifting gears
-pedalling
- remembering the gears u were in
- wasting ur energy hamstering on the crankset

Do u realize u guys hv. to pedal almost 135.000 rotations for every 30hours of riding ??????
75rpm base.

Wooow that is a Monumental waste of energy....just to help out the 850watts motor when we could have just begun with a 1kw /1.5kw motor and no PAS.

Sure, w/o PAS, we need a BIG battery(1.5kw at least and at least a 1kw motor but that can finally enable an ebike to take over the roads here in US and elsewhere too.

All those mental efforts take away or diminish the most IMPortant , which is paying attention to the road cond./drivers and enjoying the scenery😉

The ST7 would be maybe 15-20b "Feuerzeug" once they make it of carbon fiber , add throttle and get rid of :

- chain, casette, RD, FD, shifters, crankset, BB , cables, and of course the heaviest part , the Pinion gearbox

The 1.4kw battery would be a great start , maybe a slightly more powerfull motor -1kw, that would add another 1lb , 80lb-20lb+1-= 61lb really nice and light emoped 👋

But adding a throttle and w/o pedals we go into the "illegal" moped stuff....

Last edited:
Do u realize u guys hv. to pedal almost 135.000 rotations for every 30hours of riding ??????
75rpm base.

This brings us to the key question:

How much is the riders cadence on a ST7 pedaling in the largest gear?

I know, experts do their own calculation to get confident in the result. He're the base values: 39T and 22T, 2180mm, 12 gear Pinion.

How much is the riders cadence on a ST7 pedaling in the largest gear?
depends on what speed. it's 19.84mph @76rpm in largest gear 39/12.

I doubt that anyone will find that speed appealing. Anything above 24mph is fun !

24mph needs a 91.9rpm😉 in largest cog.

Smtng. is not right.?? ..to do 30mph one would need to do 115rpm !

Attachments

• 8B5D98A1-6277-4D1E-8EA4-8E41FEEFC650.jpg
    8B5D98A1-6277-4D1E-8EA4-8E41FEEFC650.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 183
Smtng. is not right.?? ..to do 30mph one would need to do 115rpm !

I would say, it's not a near missed, it's far.

39T and 22T, 2180mm, 12 gear Pinion says this:

Front = 39 sprocket
Rear = 22 sprocket
Tyre circumference = 2180mm
Type of gearbox = Pinion C1.12

As we're talking about street legal e-bikes, I would suggest their Vmax = 45 km/h as target of the calculation.

Does anyone know the battery weight?
I load bike in back of station wagon so how much weight does the pudgy ST7 shed without battery?

I would think the gearing goes taller than ST5 , which was taller than ST2-S gearing….

Back