The motor spec for the US is 750w. How does that work? Does the assist limit 750w when it hit a certain speed but still have 940w for like up hill climb?

The motor spec for the US is 750w. How does that work? Does the assist limit 750w when it hit a certain speed but still have 940w for like up hill climb?

For sure, a Stromer is always compliant in each market.

If only 750W are allowed in your country, Stromer will adapt. The question is: How is this rule defined? It is well known that the peak power of a Stromer is clear above 1.2kW - and within the legislation. A Stromer is strongest during acceleration between 30 and 45km/h. Not other street legal competitor can follow - but a tough hill climb is not his business.

Marktanteile.jpg

For sure, a Stromer is always compliant in each market.

If only 750W are allowed in your country, Stromer will adapt. The question is: How is this rule defined? It is well known that the peak power of a Stromer is clear above 1.2kW - and within the legislation. A Stromer is strongest during acceleration between 30 and 45km/h. Not other street legal competitor can follow - but a tough hill climb is not his business.

View attachment 135966
Hi Bluecat, forgive me but I don't understand your statement ( in bold above). So for example in Europe nominal power is 850W (ST5) , 940W (ST7) and peak as you indicate is above 1.2KW.
So could you please explain for Europe and the US what are the max power regulations and do they relate to nominal or peak values?

Thank you
Best regards

So could you please explain for Europe and the US what are the max power regulations and do they relate to nominal or peak values?

The EU invented a very complex legislation around the 45km/h E-Bikes. A company needs at least one FTE to understand and follow. In terms of power, the maximum is 4kW. As a 4000W motor would require a battery like in a motorcycle, no one does this. The nominal power is tightly controlled - to protect customers from weak motors. This means, the nominal power is what the system can deliver all the time for a long period.

Peak power means what is possible, but only for shorter time frame. As you can see, there is a large "in between".

For what reasons ever, the EU also invented the factor 4 rule:

The auxiliary propulsion power shall be added to the driver’s pedal power and shall be less than or equal to four times the actual pedal power.

But there is no way to determine the cyclists power. Therefore, an estimation takes place.

At the very end, 45 km/h is still the maximum allowed speed. The motors are optimized for high efficiency within 20 to 45 km/h.

The all new official vehicle for the world famous Red Bull Alinghi sailing team:

cups_1.png

Alinghi.

This name has an aura in Switzerland. Since alinghi, Switzerland is ranked on the seafarer list. Last year, Ernesto Bertarelli announced to challenge the cup together with Dietrich Mateschitz. The Alinghi Red Bull Racing Team was born. Today, Stromer is presented as the e-bike partner.:

The news of the day will delight bike fans: Stromer joins Alinghi Red Bull Racing as official e-bike supplier!

We now need a Red Bull E-kayak that utilizes that big boy ST7 battery….and has a supplemental pedal system to jointly power a propeller.

Has anyone received their ST7 yet? I ordered one in September, but still don’t have an estimate on when it will arrive (I’m in California). The original announcement said October. My dealer now thinks early January, but also admits that they don’t know for sure.

Has anyone received their ST7 yet? I ordered one in September, but still don’t have an estimate on when it will arrive (I’m in California). The original announcement said October. My dealer now thinks early January, but also admits that they don’t know for sure.
Hi Abe, the first deliveries were made to the Dutch dealers the day before yesterday!!!!!20221216_151150.jpgFB_IMG_1671038562210.jpg

OIL CHANGE FOR C-LINE GEARBOXES​

I know about that video and mentioned this on the previous page of this thread Pinion said Oil change method is different for the smart line. Well, I'm getting different answers from Pinion - email support said it's the same as the c-line like the video, but IG and the product support page gave a vague answer bring to dealer. I also got a response from their youtube video which says "there are some specific working steps that applies only for the Smart shift system. Have a dealer do it." I would like to get confirmation from a dealer how it's done and what those steps are.

Last edited:
I know about that video and mentioned this on the previous page of this thread Pinion said Oil change method is different for the smart line. Well, I'm getting different answers from Pinion - email support said it's the same as the c-line like the video, but IG and the product support page said gave vague answer bring to dealer. I also got a response from their youtube video which say "there are some specific working steps that applies only for the Smart shift system. Have a dealer do it." I would like to get confirmation from a dealer how it's done and what those steps are.
Interesting… since the ST7 is purportedly the first bike to use Pinion’s smart shift, I suppose we have to wait a little while longer to find out as it appears these bike are just now starting to arrive.

Looks like newwheel.net got them. They're only one in the US have it up on sale.
That’s who I have mine on order with, but so far they haven’t called me with good news. I went with the front and seat suspension, so it’s possible they haven’t gotten that in yet.

Back