48vdc1000watt rear hub motor kit

Rocko19661

RockoRockenWell
Region
USA
City
hemet
I have a rear hub motor kit came with control and throttle 3leds on throttle no display I do not have pedal assist hooked up it is only 1 month old everything new but I have checked control for bad mosfets bms power test ok and battery white wires are 4.4 to 4.3 now I can have it in air pull trottel works fine go to full speed do not turn off at all but with me on it turns off as I pull throttle unless I fether it and pull slow it will work and get to full speed but when I slow down try to go faster again it will die and I have a switch between battery and control to reset turn off then on make it work what am I missing

I diagnose flaky problems by changing either throttle, PAS pickup, or controller. None of these parts cost over $100. It is demonstrated that the motor is not the problem.
Installing a PAS pickup, without actually putting it over a magnet wheel on the crank, may improve something. None of the controllers I buy from ebay stocked in the USA come with PAS input. The ebikeling controller SW900 2018 required a PAS pickup, and changing parameter P10 to 1 did not remove a PAS broken code.

Sounds like a weak battery. Might have one cell group at low voltage. When you try to pull a load, it sags and shuts off. Do the controls on the bike shut down and go dark when you lose power?

That's exactly how my ebike behaves when I drain down my battery.
It will shut off, I restart, and it goes again for a bit.
I had my bike shutdown 8 times on my way home once.

My owners manual said to cycle the battery from full to empty every few months, so I did.

Back