Pedego upgrades

Mike I

Region
USA
I have done some upgrades to my 2018 Pedego City Commuter. 203mm disk rotors, 52V 20Ah Unit Power battery.
I would like to put a suspension front fork on. We ride mainly on the street and the many excellent bike trails
here in Henderson, NV. I have over 7000 miles on this bike.

I have done some upgrades to my 2018 Pedego City Commuter. 203mm disk rotors, 52V 20Ah Unit Power battery.
I would like to put a suspension front fork on. We ride mainly on the street and the many excellent bike trails
here in Henderson, NV. I have over 7000 miles on this bike.
That is a lot of miles. I'm in New England. Won't be riding in the extreme cold weather.
I'm looking at a made in 2017 Pedego City Commuter. It's used with about 100 miles on it. Would like to know what you like and don't like.
I'm add more to my comment. This Pedego was a trade in. The previous owner didn't like the color and didn't ride it that much.
The dealer used to be a Pedego dealer but wanted to sell other brands. He gave up the Pedego brand.
He told me he took the computer off for another bike. So it's new and a new 52v 17amp battery.
It's a 28" step over. Was looking for reviews on this particular year.
2017 to 2018

Last edited:
I would check to see if the bike is involved in a 2020 recall involving a defective throttle:

2018 thru 2020 City Commuters were included but it wouldn't hurt to call Pedego at 888-871-7115 with the serial number just to be sure.

I am selling it as I built another bike, it always had the problem of frame flex, can't take both hands of the bars or the frame starts wobbling. I am 6' 3" and have my seat pretty far up and handlebars way up to so that might exasperate the inherent problem. For as much as they weigh you would think the frame would be stiffer. My new bike is a 2023 Specialized Rockhopper Elite with a Grin Tech GMAC motor, Baserunner controller, Cycle Analyst, Amazon lights, Bontrager Rack, Dropper Suspension Seat Post, 52V battery. 10 speed single front drive 11 to 34 rear cluster.

Back