Daymak Drive App Settings

stevebriggs

I got my Chameleon a couple weeks ago, but no matter what I do, I seem unable to get the thing to go faster than about 56 kph indicated. I would love mid 60's or higher. The bike accelerates like a Beast uphill. Even limited like that this is a great scooter, but I feel frustrated because it could obviously go much faster. To get to the dealer settings, connect the app to the bike and do a four fingered swipe upwards. Password is akili123. Here is what Daymak say the app should be set at for max. speed:

This are the settings we use to max out our bikes:

Dealer settings menu:
1. Speed limit off
2. Over speed turn on, speed ratio 15, low speed can be 50-80 (this controls speed 1 setting on throttle)

Settings menu:

1. Turbo on
2. High acceleration at 10
3. Low acceleration at 0
4. Battery current A at 80 (this can be higher, but you will get less range)
5. Phase current at 80 (this can be higher, but you will get less range)
6. Battery threshold 74 (this feature should be set 10 below the bikes voltage, The Chameleon default voltage is 84)

These have no effect on the bikes performance:
SHOW MAC on (what is MAC?) ßshows the unique id for the bike
SPEED LIMIT NOTIFICATION 70kph <- this sets when the speed notification will pop up.

The only setting that you need to be worried about is
Over speed ratio, don’t set it higher than 15, depending on the motor it could over drive it.
Voltage threshold. Needs to be 10 below the bikes voltage. Too high values can cause the motor to stall at max speeds.
Battery current a and phase current, too high values can make the motor stall also.

Other settings you can pretty much change to whatever you want.

Last edited:
Steve did you make any progress with this?

I'm not sure if I understand the '1 2 3' button on the throttle grip, It's not mentioned in the manual that I found, I think it's controlling what profile the controller is in?

I'd like to set my bike up to have a 20mph limit for being in the bike lane and a unrestricted setting for the street.

Reactions: dum
Yes that is pretty much the function, it is a three position speed limiter. I never use anything other than position 3. For the Chameleon max speed is about 55 kph on a full charge, this declines to about 50 at half charge. But i weigh 280 pounds and I can go 80 km on a charge. The Eagle's top speed is an indicated 67 kph, occasionally i have nudged it up to 70 on steep downhills. But the speedo is optimistic. In reality it goes a bit faster than the Chameleon, so likely about 60 kph. Keep in mind my Eagle has been upgraded with extra lead acid cells and to an 84V system from the stock 72V.

Do you know if it's possible to adjust the limiter? Mine doesn't seem to do anything different on setting 1 2 or 3 other than change the display on the dash.

Maybe it's linked to the Turbo setting in the app?

Thanks for responding!

No idea. I want to go as FAST as possible, not limit the thing unnecessarily. I got the settings info above from Wing at Daymak in Toronto.

I've been trying to do this on my Daymak EM1, how can you make sure you are in gear 3 / speed 3 / fastest speed possible and everything where is it on the controlls

There is a 1-2-3 switch on the right handlebar. Always leave it in 3. I posted a list of app settings elsewhere in this forum, but here you go...
To pair with the controller the bluetooth password is 12345678 To get to the dealer settings, connect the app to the bike and do a four fingered swipe upwards. Password is akili123. These are the settings we use to max out our bikes:

Dealer settings menu:

1. Speed limit off

2. Over speed turn on, speed ratio 15, low speed can be 50-80 (this controls speed 1 setting on throttle)

Settings menu:

1. Turbo on

3. Low acceleration at 0

6. Battery threshold 74 (this feature should be set 10 below the bikes voltage, The Chameleon default voltage is 84)

SPEED LIMIT NOTIFICATION 70kph <- this sets when the speed notification will pop up.

Here’s the manual, the only setting that you need to be worried about is

Over speed ratio, don’t set it higher than 15, depending on the motor it could over drive it.

Voltage threshold. Needs to be 10 below the bikes voltage. Too high values can cause the motor to stall at max speeds.

Battery current a and phase current, too high values can make the motor stall also.

There is a 1-2-3 switch on the right handlebar. Always leave it in 3. I posted a list of app settings elsewhere in this forum, but here you go...
To pair with the controller the bluetooth password is 12345678 To get to the dealer settings, connect the app to the bike and do a four fingered swipe upwards. Password is akili123. These are the settings we use to max out our bikes:

Dealer settings menu:

1. Speed limit off

Settings menu:

1. Turbo on

3. Low acceleration at 0

Here’s the manual, the only setting that you need to be worried about is

So the switch for the 1-2-3 does it look like a 1, then a O, then a 11? So 11 is 3? It's kind of hard to understand that part.. And on the keys that lightening bolt thing doesn't control power?

IMG_9564.JPG
IMG_9562.JPG
My switch is 1-2-3. I never use the buttons on the key fob honestly.

Yeah I wish there was more information about everything.. The user guide doesn't even go over everything like the key fob, and some of the buttons on the handlebars, etc. I should of bought a Honda Grom. -.-

I got my Chameleon a couple weeks ago, but no matter what I do, I seem unable to get the thing to go faster than about 56 kph indicated. I would love mid 60's or higher. The bike accelerates like a Beast uphill. Even limited like that this is a great scooter, but I feel frustrated because it could obviously go much faster. To get to the dealer settings, connect the app to the bike and do a four fingered swipe upwards. Password is akili123. Here is what Daymak say the app should be set at for max. speed:

This are the settings we use to max out our bikes:

Dealer settings menu:
1. Speed limit off

Settings menu:

1. Turbo on
3. Low acceleration at 0

The only setting that you need to be worried about is

Other settings you can pretty much change to whatever you want.
Anyone have a different dealers code? Akili123 doesn't work for me. Trying to get some more speed out of my bike but l can't access dealer options ... bike only doing 32km ...

So I've accessed the dealer unlocked settings without issue for my EM1 and I setup things as described above, however, no change - regardless of the 123 switch setting. I've saved the settings in the app, is there anything else to do? Is it a set it and forget it thing? Does the phone need to be constantly connected for the settings to update and work?

I've been trying to do this on my Daymak EM1, how can you make sure you are in gear 3 / speed 3 / fastest speed possible and everything where is it on the controlls

I just bought a new EM1 the other day and no matter what I change in the dealer settings, even when the switch is on 3 I cannot get more than 32 kph!!! What are we doing wrong?

I just bought a new EM1 the other day and no matter what I change in the dealer settings, even when the switch is on 3 I cannot get more than 32 kph!!! What are we doing wrong?
I seem to be in the same boat. I changed everything and i can tell that the bike is holdi g back

Back