Delay in getting for Electra Townie

Marconi

Has anyone experienced long delay in receiving a Townie? I ordered a Electra Townie Go! 10D for my spouse back in March of this year. Still have not received our delivery. Not getting much of an answer from Eddie's bike shop here in Cleveland. Has anyone heard or is experiencing such a delay? Is there a problem with getting parts, battery, motor, or is it stuck on a cargo ship? The Trek Electra web site is not showing 2022 models and I ordered a 2021.

I ended up going to Eddy's Bike shop in person on Saturday. Acting manager, who also sold us the bike in March of this year, was doing a serious tap dancing routine. Said the delay was due to the color we ordered and that they didn't receive "any" step through Go! 10D at any of their 3 stores. We paid in full back in March because that the color we requested was arriving in April. After listening to the song and dance, we "should" receive a bike next week in a different color. We were never called by the shop to say, "we have this bike in this color do you want it? I totally understand the inventory and labor issue around the world. I just wished we got clear information.

I ended up going to Eddy's Bike shop in person on Saturday. Acting manager, who also sold us the bike in March of this year, was doing a serious tap dancing routine. Said the delay was due to the color we ordered and that they didn't receive "any" step through Go! 10D at any of their 3 stores. We paid in full back in March because that the color we requested was arriving in April. After listening to the song and dance, we "should" receive a bike next week in a different color. We were never called by the shop to say, "we have this bike in this color do you want it? I totally understand the inventory and labor issue around the world. I just wished we got clear information.
Totally believable

Has anyone experienced long delay in receiving a Townie? I ordered a Electra Townie Go! 10D for my spouse back in March of this year. Still have not received our delivery. Not getting much of an answer from Eddie's bike shop here in Cleveland. Has anyone heard or is experiencing such a delay? Is there a problem with getting parts, battery, motor, or is it stuck on a cargo ship? The Trek Electra web site is not showing 2022 models and I ordered a 2021.
I got sooo lucky, I decided on the Townie 8DEQ on Sunday and my bike shop was recieving his order on Monday. I picked it up yesterday! I did not pay in advance. He told me he ordered this shipment of bikes a year ago,literally July 2020! He recieved 22 assorted bikes. He also said he already placed his order for 2022.
I am in Oceanside Ca.

Back