What's the Blue Book Sales Price of your Bike? Am I asking/paying too much?

zipur

Region
USA
I came across this web site. Pretty interesting, so I thought I would share.
Could be helpful if you’re looking for a a used bike. Knowledge is power, even if you don’t agree with this web site pricing.

Last edited:
I came across this web site. Pretty interesting, so I thought I would share.
Could be helpful if you’re looking for a a used bike. Knowledge is power, even if you don’t agree with this web site pricing.

Its fairly accurate. I know bike shops that use it to buy used bikes for resale. I sold a bike to a shop last summer and they used the BBB to determine the price they paid me. I have friends that have done the same for years. The biggest issue is that many private sellers over estimate the value of their bikes. Bikes have to be in great condition to get the BBB price. Shops will charge more for resale because the often back the sale for 30 to 90 days.

Like many things on the "internets", take it with a grain of salt.

When a buyer really wants something, they either pay for it, or don't and forget about it.

Confident dealers/flippers will pretty much ignore a buyer's price match plea on some website.

It’s always tricky figuring out if you’re getting a fair deal on a bike, especially with e-bikes since the prices can vary so much. The Blue Book can be a good starting point, but there are so many factors to consider—condition, upgrades, even how much love and care the previous owner put into it. I’ve been there, trying to balance quality and budget, and it’s just like trying to juggle everything during buy nursing papers online I remember feeling overwhelmed by assignments and ended up getting some help with my papers. It made things so much easier, just like having a reliable source to check your bike’s value. Good luck with your search!

On motorcycles you always here "No one pays extra for add on accessories." yet why does the dealership freak out when you remove them before letting them sell you bike? My way of looking at ebikes is this. If the ebike is under $2000 I usually donate it to someone who will use it. By the time I'm done with them they get all scuffed up. Loved and cared for but scuffed up. A ebike to me is a tool. Anything over that price, even if I try to take care of it, will get scuffed up. On higher priced ebikes I've found letting a dealer consign sell it is easier than selling it myself. I've sold one nicer ebike myself and it was just a huge hassle. You get a bunch of tire kickers, time wasters, low ball offers and scammers nowadays. Private selling isn't like it used to be.

Back