35Amp Controller on my 2020 RAD Mini install with pics

RobbyThEMonK

Hello Everyone,

There have been a few questions regarding installing the 35amp controller from either Bolton Ebikes or Electro Bike World. I can confirm that the kits are identical as both use the same controller with taillight hookup and the same color LCD Kit.

I was able to install the whole thing with ease as it was plug and play but just had to be creative with mounting the controller.

I built a 14s 9p 52v 31ah battery, which I mounted to my rear rack inside a ventilated waterproof case. I used an adapter from Bolton, the XTC 90 to RAD adapter, to get the necessary connector that works with the controller from the battery to the RAD type battery input.

I made it possible to use both the stock RAD battery and my hand-built 52v battery. With this setup, I can get well over 100 miles on a single charge using no higher than PAS 3. I used the same Samsung 35E cells for my battery build, so the range is incredible.

If anyone needs help installing theirs, I am willing to answer any questions...

Happy Riding 20200702_164839.jpg20200702_164852.jpg20200702_164903.jpg20200702_164939.jpg20200702_164951.jpg20200702_165000.jpg

LOL, that's a great idea...thanks
Nice work!
I like the original idea and the way you made everything so nice and clean!
Good job!

Check out some black reflective vinyl on my eboard battery case for Stealth. You can also use white reflective...
Might be good for those racing stripes 😉

Keep up the good work bud!

Xtra

Attachments

• 20201119_012457.jpg
    20201119_012457.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 371
  • 20201119_012435.jpg
    20201119_012435.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 357
There have been a few questions regarding installing the 35amp controller from either Bolton Ebikes or Electro Bike World...

Looks great! You appear to have the same Bikeroo seat as I have on my RadRunner. I have a spare battery for the Runner, and have done rides up to 65 miles (with some power to spare). However, I learned that my batteries will outlast my rear end -- I can't ride/sit on that saddle for more than about 60 miles.

How did you handle the voltage mismatch between the batteries? Is only one connected at a time?

Sorry for not being clearer; when I say that I have a spare battery this just means that I carry a second battery which I swap in when the first runs low, not that I have both batteries ganged together in parallel (though from what I read this is possible so long as you manage the balance correctly).

Sorry for not being clearer; when I say that I have a spare battery this just means that I carry a second battery which I swap in when the first runs low, not that I have both batteries ganged together in parallel (though from what I read this is possible so long as you manage the balance correctly).
Ok, that's what I expected. If the 52v and 48v batteries were hooked up in parallel I'd expect the 52v to be constantly wasting juice trying to "charge" the 48v.

Hello Everyone,

There have been a few questions regarding installing the 35amp controller from either Bolton Ebikes or Electro Bike World. I can confirm that the kits are identical as both use the same controller with taillight hookup and the same color LCD Kit.

I was able to install the whole thing with ease as it was plug and play but just had to be creative with mounting the controller.

I built a 14s 9p 52v 31ah battery, which I mounted to my rear rack inside a ventilated waterproof case. I used an adapter from Bolton, the XTC 90 to RAD adapter, to get the necessary connector that works with the controller from the battery to the RAD type battery input.

I made it possible to use both the stock RAD battery and my hand-built 52v battery. With this setup, I can get well over 100 miles on a single charge using no higher than PAS 3. I used the same Samsung 35E cells for my battery build, so the range is incredible.

If anyone needs help installing theirs, I am willing to answer any questions...

Happy RidingView attachment 57564View attachment 57565View attachment 57566View attachment 57567View attachment 57568View attachment 57569
Thank you Robby. I have a the last model Mini (Rad Mini 4) also and just bought a 35A controller/upgraded motor combo. Can you give any further details/pictures/etc. on the creativity you used to mount the controller on the folding Rad Mini 4? Were the leads for the cables long enough or did you need to buy any adapters to install the new controller on the Rad Mini 4. How has it help up since your post? Thank you very much.

Back