Just wanted to share my 2020 RAD Mini 35amp Controller and Color LCD Install

RobbyThEMonK

Hello Everyone,

There have been a few questions regarding installing the 35amp controller from either Bolton Ebikes or Electro Bike World. I can confirm that the kits are identical as both use the same controller with taillight hookup and the same color LCD Kit.

I was able to install the whole thing with ease as it was plug and play but just had to be creative with mounting the controller.

I built a 14s 9p 52v 31ah battery, which I mounted to my rear rack inside a ventilated waterproof case. I used an adapter from Bolton, the XTC 90 to RAD adapter, to get the necessary connector that works with the controller from the battery to the RAD type battery input.

I made it possible to use both the stock RAD battery and my hand-built 52v battery. With this setup, I can get well over 100 miles on a single charge using no higher than PAS 3. I used the same Samsung 35E cells for my battery build, so the range is incredible.

If anyone needs help installing theirs, I am willing to answer any questions...

Happy Riding 20200702_164903.jpg20200702_164939.jpg20200702_164852.jpg20200702_164951.jpg20200702_165000.jpg20200702_164839.jpg

@RobbyThEMonK What kind of battery management system are you using to handle cell balance issues in your hand crafted pack? Is there something out there off the shelf that will handle 126 cells or did you have to build one from modules or discrete components?

@RobbyThEMonK What kind of battery management system are you using to handle cell balance issues in your hand crafted pack? Is there something out there off the shelf that will handle 126 cells or did you have to build one from modules or discrete components?

I used an off the shelf 35amp continuous 14s Bluetooth Bms I got from Aliexpress. It can handle that many cells no issues

Last edited:
I installed 35e controller and new display. Only throttle works (no PAS) and mph and battery life indicator not working 😕

Back