2wd Riese & Muller

Jandekoffieman

Hi guys,

My name is jeff and living in holland. I've got a Riese & muller blue label charger 45km/u, with a 350w mid engine. I bought the bike back in march 2016 and off today I cycled just over 75.000km. Due to my changing work-situation i want to reduce my cycling time each day. I cycle aprox. 100 km a day which kost me about 3 hours (incl. Changing clothes etc).

therefore i recently bought a fronthub engine 500wh 8fun bafang with controller and display. Link:

Combined with a 48v - 17,5 A hailong batterie.

Everything is installed properly but i got the following situation:
From 0-40km/u the front hub engine produces power. Off course at starts-up till about 35 km/h the system produces about 800-1000 watts, says my display. Above 35km/h the wattage starts to drop. When i drive 45 km/h the wattage is just around 50 watss. When i cycle to 46 the wattage is completly gone. It feels like a limiter. Did i do something wrong in the programming or is there a component of this system which has limitations?

i hope you guys could help me out!

thank a lot!

grtz Jeff

The sole purpose of adding the second motor was higher top speed? Or trying to accelerate faster with a throttle?

Back