NEW Spitzing PLUS

erikV

Great things in the works in the world of electric bikes and more bikes to be released at the upcoming Eurobike.

This is the new Spitzing with plus size tires.

fxymol.jpg

21lopxj.jpg

The company also offers a "connectivity package" for the new Spitzing PLUS as well as the regular Spitzing and Schwabing.

16a2l1h.jpg

"With the removable 3.2" TFT display on the handlebar you will have access to phone calls - and even see incoming SMS messages immediately. Your iPhone or Android mobile phone will be connected to the computer via Bluetooth 4.0, for example for easy navigation. In addition, a plug-in connection via the MEDIA-IN socket with USB adapter cable allows you to charge your smartphone. Another highlight is the possibility of heart rate monitoring: The computer can be connected to the common chest straps.

The connectivity package of M1-Sporttechnik will be available as an option. It will ne presented at the Eurobike show in Friedrichshafen this week.
You are cordially invited to see the new models and accessories at the M1 booth in hall A6."

- M1 Sporttechnik's facebookpage

Ravi,
From what I can understand users are reporting about rusting bolts, mediocre components for the price-range and troubles with the gears/freewheel?

Ravi,
From what I can understand users are reporting about rusting bolts, mediocre components for the price-range and troubles with the gears/freewheel?

My main concern is with the way display and controller are setup. I have brought this issue up with Thorsten, Thomas and Robert (basically the whole M1 team) and their response is when you're purchasing a bike as awesome as M1, you should not worry about cheap display.

The display they use is King Meter, which can be purchased for $15 and you find that on any generic Chinese bike. The console buttons that come with the display are very average quality and there is a delay with the button.

I'm looking fwd to testing this Spitzing plus at the Interbike.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Eurobike starts this week, I'm hoping for a press release about the new computer they are going to offer.

It appears that there will be a significant increase in price from 2016. The Spitzing Race up from €6899 retail here in Europe to €8499. The new Spitzing PLUS Race will retail for €8899. For that kind of money I personally find the Heisenberg XF1 and Specialized Turbo Levo FSR much more appealing, although they can not be compared in terms of engine power.

The Norwegian importer said the Spitzing Plus R-pedelec had a retail price of NOK 98 000,- that equals to USD 12 000. I could get one for 89 500 (11k USD) if I put down a deposit for 2016 delivery.

My Spitzing dream is now officially crushed! ;)

Back