Bosch Kiox Electric Bike Display Details

Thanks, Court. The photo below shows my Kiox connected to my MacBook Pro. A USB Micro-B cable was inserted into the Kiox's USB Micro-A connector – the first time I have ever deliberately used a 'wrong' cable. I'll pick up a USB Micro-B to Lightning cable later this week.

Pete, take your Kiox off your ebike and then press the on/off switch. Your Kiox will scroll through six info screens:
  1. Battery
  2. Trip Distance
  3. Ride Time
  4. Average Speed
  5. Maximum Speed
  6. Total Distance
#2 to #3 are for the ride you have just finished. #6 is for all time.

The photo below shows my Kiox (with USB connected!) propped up against my computer's screen which is open to my Ride with GPS account. Clearly the records agree even though there is no way that the Kiox's record has been transferred.
(Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists)
Wow. Oh so simple.. thanks!
In the olden days everything came with written comprehensive understandable instructions (which of course I never read first) and due to the scarcity of RM dealers in the UK the selling dealer is a 300 miles round trip away so can't just pop in and ask....
So i have now done 452 miles...
Thanks again..

@David Berry did you get the Kiox to download activities to the eBike Connect app or website? I've followed the instructions explicitly and cannot... Curious how you did it if you have... Thanks.

@David Berry did you get the Kiox to download activities to the eBike Connect app or website? I've followed the instructions explicitly and cannot... Curious how you did it if you have... Thanks.
Connect your Kiox with the app via Bluetooth, obviously keep your phone (or whatever the Connect App is installed on) with you while riding, at the end of you ride, remove the Kiox from your bike WITHOUT turning it off, the display will turn itself off after a few minutes. Then your ride data will appear on the App a few minutes later.
If the data isn't available, turn on the Kiox again (while off the bike), re-connect to the app and leave it till it turns itself off again, close the app, wait a few minutes and it should now be there.
It does work, but it's a bit of a performance, the whole thing is a shambles really. Should just upload data without all that messing about.

Well try as I might I am still showing no activities. Also on the map page I should see a trail where i have been but it only shows where I am. What am I not doing?

@Molly45 Thank you. Oddly, after I sent that message and before receiving yours, I got it to finally work yesterday. And today it worked flawlessly after my ride to work. Strange...

@Molly45 Thank you. Oddly, after I sent that message and before receiving yours, I got it to finally work yesterday. And today it worked flawlessly after my ride to work. Strange...
I think Bosch need to have a long hard look at this, the whole thing seems very hit and miss, sometimes my rides show up straightaway, other times, I have to re-connect to my Kiox 2 or 3 times.

Well try as I might I am still showing no activities. Also on the map page I should see a trail where i have been but it only shows where I am. What am I not doing?
Did you follow the steps in my other post?
Sometimes I have to connect to the Kiox several times before any data appears in the app, you could try syncing again, also, it seems like you need a good internet connection for it to work.

Did you follow the steps in my other post?
Sometimes I have to connect to the Kiox several times before any data appears in the app, you could try syncing again, also, it seems like you need a good internet connection for it to work.
Yes and yes. Did it 3 times and nothing to show

I think Bosch need to have a long hard look at this, the whole thing seems very hit and miss, sometimes my rides show up straightaway, other times, I have to re-connect to my Kiox 2 or 3 times.
I also seem to have the hit and miss option when finishing a ride. I have tried both Kiox removal when on, removal when off, off and on while connected and still often end up with ride in progress. I do finish in an underground garage so perhaps the lack of GPS signal might be a factor. I will try and end the ride with GPS signal and see what occurs. Cheers Stephen.

I also seem to have the hit and miss option when finishing a ride. I have tried both Kiox removal when on, removal when off, off and on while connected and still often end up with ride in progress. I do finish in an underground garage so perhaps the lack of GPS signal might be a factor. I will try and end the ride with GPS signal and see what occurs. Cheers Stephen.
I've given up on the thing completely now. I bought a Garmin watch, and use the Garmin Connect app instead, works perfectly, (take note Bosch).

Back