Smart Motion out of business (in North America)?

BlueGenes

I'm quite interested in buying a Pacer. Sadly, however, the link to buy one online (via the Smart Motion website) does not function. Likewise, none of the North America dealers (I've looked at about 6) listed on their website claim Smart Motion as a brand (nor do any of the dealers list a Smart Motion bike in stock).
I've e-mailed Smart Motion, but thus far that e-mail has been ignored.
Anyone have any further information?

Correct, they no longer have a US distributor. previously it was Lectric Cycles. that company moved, and no longer carries Smart Motion.

Correct, they no longer have a US distributor. previously it was Lectric Cycles. that company moved, and no longer carries Smart Motion.
Thank you for the quick and informative answer to my question. It's greatly appreciated.
I am sad, however, to hear that a Pacer will not be in my future bike riding plans :(

They will still be around in the U.S. Just talked with our local rep, and also Chris Head who had been working for Lectric Cycles, the U.S. distributor. Lectric Cycles is no longer carrying Smartmotion, but Chris has been working on taking over the distribution of the brand himself and is taking care of any warranty or service issues in the meantime. He's been super helpful with any questions or concerns, so sounds like Smartmotion is still committed to the U.S. market.

Last edited:
They will still be around in the U.S. Just talked with our local rep, and also Chris Head who had been working for Lectric Cycles, the U.S. distributor. Lectric Cycles is no longer carrying Smartmotion, but Chris has been working on taking over the distribution of the brand himself and is taking care of any warranty or service issues in the meantime. He's been super helpful with any questions or concerns, so sounds like Smartmotion is still committed to the U.S. market.

What's Chris info?

He's with Magnum bikes now. Never did pursue the SM distribution. That's a very old message. You can probably reach him thru Magnum bikes Hq.
Thanks.

I was reading your comments on the Aventon Level. Does that have similar torque and power like the smart motion pacer?

I want to get another bike like the SM Pacer.

On another I don't know if you have heard this but I get a buzzing noise when i hit 16mph on my pacer. I had a similar issue with another bike. Is that a controller issue?

Back