New owner

Bobkat9

Ordered my Teo S on July 16th and it arrived July 23rd. Box a little banged up but the packaging protected everything and in about 30 minutes I was on the road. Everything I had hoped for and great support from Rose at Teo. I got the medium size so the stand over height is 28”. As far as I know this is the only Canadian fat bike with this size.
I love the Alivio shifter. It is sooo smooth. Hydrolic brakes function with two fingers so I always have two more to grip the handle bar.
Big thanks to this forum for all the reviews and advice. I couldn’t have bought a bike sight unseen without it.
Got a red colour but wish I had just got black - I’m getting TOO much attention.

The Voltbike Yukon 750 comes in a medium frame with a standover height of 29". You'd never know they offered a smaller frame because there is no frame size selection box on their website. When I asked George Krastev about this he told me that option would be displayed again once the medium frames were back in stock. Most companies would leave that selection as-is and just have the unavailable size dimmed out so the consumer knows it's an option but just not currently available. Glad you're enjoying your Teo.

@Bobkat9

Congrats on your new ride and Welcome to the forum.

Do your self a favor and go over all the screws nuts and bolts to make sure they are tight.
I had an annoying click coming from my front wheel and it turned out to be few loose spokes.

As far as your choice of the red color you do know they go faster, right....

Attachments

• IMG_20170723_103554.jpg
    IMG_20170723_103554.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 553
@Bobkat9

Congrats on your new ride and Welcome to the forum.

Do your self a favor and go over all the screws nuts and bolts to make sure they are tight.
I had an annoying click coming from my front wheel and it turned out to be few loose spokes.

As far as your choice of the red color you do know they go faster, right....
Thanks for the tips. And a question. I’ve set my max speed from 32k to 45k but I have to do this every time I turn on the controller. Is this normal?

Thanks for the tips. And a question. I’ve set my max speed from 32k to 45k but I have to do this every time I turn on the controller. Is this normal?
Congrats on your new ride @Bobkat9!

The max speed retains it memory on my controller. I would inquire with Teo if yours is not. Maybe the newer controllers have this as a safety precaution or something.

Ordered my Teo S on July 16th and it arrived July 23rd. Box a little banged up but the packaging protected everything and in about 30 minutes I was on the road. Everything I had hoped for and great support from Rose at Teo. I got the medium size so the stand over height is 28”. As far as I know this is the only Canadian fat bike with this size.
I love the Alivio shifter. It is sooo smooth. Hydrolic brakes function with two fingers so I always have two more to grip the handle bar.
Big thanks to this forum for all the reviews and advice. I couldn’t have bought a bike sight unseen without it.
Got a red colour but wish I had just got black - I’m getting TOO much attention.

@Bobkat9 , how are you liking your Teo S? What sort of riding do you do - commuting, on roads, or trails, etc?

I'm trying to decide between the Teo S and the Voltbike Yukon 750W limited. I'm not looking at the Teo Limited because they don't seem to have stock right now of the 750W version in a medium.

From what I can see the only difference between the Yukon 750W and the Teo is that the Teo has a slightly bigger battery (17Ah vs 16Ah), 9-speed rear derailleur and maybe the derailleur is a bit better quality than the Yukon's 7-speed. Are there any other key differences that you know about.

The pricing for me right now seems to be C$2K for the Teo S medium/red, or C$2K for the Yukon 750W limited.

The negatives for Teo right now are:

1) the pricing which is a bit higher than the Yukon 750W limited (or at least fewer things for same money - rack, longer fenders, helmet, etc)
2) they have been ignoring me for a week now; I have a hunch they have gone on holiday or someone got sick and they haven't notified me or made note of it on their website. I was in conversation with them (Rose) and then all emails stopped last Wed and I've left two voicemails.
3) I'm concerned about the longer wheelbase of the Teo as I want to use the bike not just for commuting but on some of the winter trails in Ottawa. Have you found the size of the bike to be an issue in curvy trails?

Do you or others have any general comments, opinions, or advice?

(we can switch to private conversation if preferred)

Thanks, ...Roger

Back