The Hill Topper kit on a Greenline Cruiser tandem bicycle

Alexander

Hey guys!

Here is the Hill Topper electric bike kit from Clean Republic on my tandem bicycle, it's from Greenline Beach Cruisers and has 7 Speeds. I got it at Walmart. The frame is heavy at about 46 lbs but neatly finished. The front wheel was oval but now with the Hill topper in place we solved that lol.

Since we have a constant breeze over here it is a real great support. I only have to find out the exact distance we can reach given the battery pack capacity, it would be nice if it came with a battery check or range estimator to help with this.

tandem-electric-bike-with-hill-topper.jpg greenline-cruiser-tandem-ebike-kit.jpg greenline-cruiser-electric-bike.jpg

When riding against the wind we bring it up to speed and start the Hill topper, we still peddle but with ease and with the temperature outside around mid 80 degrees Fahrenheit it is a pleasant ride (the basket is my wife's idea).

Greetings from a sunny island,
Alex

Cool! Thanks for sharing the pictures and your experience with the kit Alex. I was really curious how it would perform with such a heavy frame and two riders but it sounds like you're getting a noticeable boost.

For reference... Alex and I were chatting in the YouTube comments about the kit and how it might perform on this bike. He was debating it vs. a larger more expensive kit but decided to give it a try and it looks like things worked out great! I'm a little jealous of your country, looks beautiful there in the Bonaire Dutch Caribbean area. Maybe with views like that it's okay to go a little slower ;)

Hey guys!

Here is the Hill Topper electric bike kit from Clean Republic on my tandem bicycle, it's from Greenline Beach Cruisers and has 7 Speeds. I got it at Walmart. The frame is heavy at about 46 lbs but neatly finished. The front wheel was oval but now with the Hill topper in place we solved that lol.

Since we have a constant breeze over here it is a real great support. I only have to find out the exact distance we can reach given the battery pack capacity, it would be nice if it came with a battery check or range estimator to help with this.

View attachment 648 View attachment 647 View attachment 646

When riding against the wind we bring it up to speed and start the Hill topper, we still peddle but with ease and with the temperature outside around mid 80 degrees Fahrenheit it is a pleasant ride (the basket is my wife's idea).

Greetings from a sunny island,
Alex
That

Nice pics! That's very cool. I have a hill topper 350w commuter bike and a hill topper 350w foldable bike. I have an old schwinn tandem that I would like to put a hill topper kit in. did you use the 350w kit? Did you use the tire that came on the hill topper rim or a wider cruiser tire? BTW I see you wish you had a battery gauge on yours. The new "Horizon" 36v battery has a built in LED battery level indicator that works well. You have to stop to look at it but it's simple and I usually take a break and look to see about when it's halfway discharged. If you put a rack on the back you could mount an extra spare battery or put it in some Pannier bags hanging off the rack and just swap it in when the other one runs out. :)

Happy and Safe riding everyone!

RockstarBruski Youtube Channel

Back