2023 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

Hazard Pay - Additional pay for performing hazardous duty or work involving physical hardship.

You may have a point, Art. This large dent on the front of my helmet occurred a result of my front wheel hitting a large root off camber that was not visible under the cover of light snow. As a result, my helmet hit the tree and knocked me off the bike. Fortunately, I was fine and the helmet absorbed all of the impact. Speed obviously was not a factor as I was paying extra attention due to the sketchy trail conditions at that moment .

View attachment 169014
New helmet time!

New helmet time!
Yeah, I thought about replacing it but it’s such a great winter lid. Do you think that it’s compromised beyond the point of safety or could I continue wearing it? This is the first time that I’ve executed a head butt and, in this instance, it sure saved me a trip to the ER if I would have even made the trip. Never gave much thought of lids being single use items but perhaps it's time.

Yeah, I thought about replacing it but it’s such a great winter lid. Do you think that it’s compromised beyond the point of safety or could I continue wearing it? This is the first time that I’ve executed a head butt and, in this instance, it sure saved me a trip to the ER if I would have even made the trip. Never gave much thought of lids being single use items but perhaps it's time.
I'm not sure TBH... that said, from what I typically see/read the safe bet is to replace.

100% bin it, with a dent like that it has lost its strength! I'm glad it saved you, that's why its so important to wear them!

Hazard Pay - Additional pay for performing hazardous duty or work involving physical hardship.

You may have a point, Art. This large dent on the front of my helmet occurred a result of my front wheel hitting a large root off camber that was not visible under the cover of light snow. As a result, my helmet hit the tree and knocked me off the bike. Fortunately, I was fine and the helmet absorbed all of the impact. Speed obviously was not a factor as I was paying extra attention due to the sketchy trail conditions at that moment .

View attachment 169014
Hey at least the helmet did it's job...but so did the root...

Nope. I’m giving it the silent tree-tment. Come to think of it and, for good reason, that particular tree is close to becoming the least poplar along that trail. With that said, I couldn’t help but think that on this day, the forest was with me.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest you branch out. Leaf your hard feelings behind and face the root of the problem!

Good! I didn't want to start to bark. Something twigged and I just had to get it out. I hope yew were not offended, sometimes I can be a son of a birch...
Fir sure, I wooden want yew barking up the wrong tree especially in my neck of the woods. Even so, I know we can still be fronds. Needleless to say, perhaps it’s time we take a leaf of absence so I propose a treety. Wood that be something yew might concedar? Some might begin to think that these puns arboring. :rolleyes:

Fir sure, I wooden want yew barking up the wrong tree especially in my neck of the woods. Even so, I know we can still be fronds. Needleless to say, perhaps it’s time we take a leaf of absence so I propose a treety. Wood that be something yew might concedar? Some might begin to think that these puns arboring. :rolleyes:
Hmmm... well I'm trying to be a little alder, but wiser, just in acacia missed it...
Perhaps I'm seeing things through rosewood coloured glasses? Lilac-ly that's the issue. My eyes have gone all hazel-ly...
I'm finding this convo cherry interesting, so orange you glad the subject came up?

Hmmm... well I'm trying to be a little alder, but wiser, just in acacia missed it...
Perhaps I'm seeing things through rosewood coloured glasses? Lilac-ly that's the issue. My eyes have gone all hazel-ly...
I'm finding this convo cherry interesting, so orange you glad the subject came up?
Pine and dandy, we’re all prone to momentree lapses. Sounds like were at a bit of a sticking point then. In that case, I might have to just green and bear it since I don’t know if I maple to keep this up.

Needle little help here foaks. 🙏

Pine and dandy, we’re all prone to momentree lapses. Sounds like were at a bit of a sticking point then. In that case, I might have to just green and bear it since I don’t know if I maple to keep this up.

Needle little help here foaks. 🙏
Maybe I should get my buddy Filbert, and his two friends Al Mond, and Mac Adamia in here. They always crack me up.

Back