2022 Turbo Vado and Turbo Tero comparison: Same bike?

Guys,

Replacing the fork is a hard thing as you need to ensure your swapped fork matches:
  • The headtube design
  • Is of proper length
  • And it totally matches the axle.

Guys,

Replacing the fork is a hard thing as you need to ensure your swapped fork matches:
  • The headtube design
  • Is of proper length
  • And it totally matches the axle.
So I'm guessing it's not as simple as buying the same Recon Silver RL that comes on the 5.0 Specialized may have a Recon Silver made to their specs.

Well the shock I was planning to buy has a 51mm offset vs 44mm on the Tero 5.0 and 3.0 bikes. I'm guessing 51mm offset would be a bad idea?

Is this Turbo Tero Equipment Kit a new offering ?
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/t...582?color=335200-205582&searchText=98922-5060
Maximize the capability of your Tero with the Tero Equipment Kit. The kit is designed to complement a non-equipped Tero with racks, fenders, and integrated lights. Turn your Tero into a pack mule, a freight train, or whatever you need for your greatest adventures.
98922-506_CMPNT_TERO-EQ-KIT-BLK_HERO

My Vado 5.0 is outfitted pretty much like the Tero. Looks exactly like the picture and has the 36t chainring. What do you need to know?

My Vado 5.0 is outfitted pretty much like the Tero. Looks exactly like the picture and has the 36t chainring. What do you need to know?
How riding the Tero compares to the Vado as a pavement only commuter .
I'm aware of the specs of each and have test ridden a Vado 3.0 w/ belt and IGH . ( If I get a Vado will be the 5.0 derailleur )
Watching videos the Vado just looks like the riders are in a more comfortable commuting riding position .
I realize that the cockpits can be adjusted .
Also , I realize that ultimately I'll just have to test ride a Tero myself , but that possibility is unlikely .

The main issue is the Tero is Class 1, so no assist after 20mph (in the US). It's not really an issue on trails where the Tero is meant for, but on roads it's kind of a waste (particularly with such a powerful motor and large of a battery).

The Vado is a much better fit for biking on pavement/roads.

Some people like 29'ers on pavement .
I could live with the 20mph but too bad the motor is limited .

How riding the Tero compares to the Vado as a pavement only commuter .
As mentioned, the Tero is class 1 limited in the US which may or may not be an issue depending on your commute and style. It is also geared lower with the 36T chainring vs 48T on the Vado. That impacts your top speed for a given cadence.

From a commuting standpoint I wouldn't discount the chain guard on the Vado in keeping your pants leg clean.

Also check the geometry differences - for the same frame sizes the Tero has a higher standover height.

Last edited:
As mentioned, the Tero is class 1 limited in the US which may or may not be an issue depending on your commute and style. It is also geared lower with the 36T chainring vs 48T on the Vado. That impacts your top speed for a given cadence.

From a commuting standpoint I wouldn't discount the chain guard on the Vado in keeping your pants leg clean.

Also check the geometry differences - for the same frame sizes the Tero has a higher standover height.
The higher standover height is probably due to the fact that the Tero has a longer fork and maybe slightly larger profile tires.

Back