2021 Rize Models - Shipping Thread

Keep in mind FedEx is having major shipping delays and are having to reroute hundreds of thousands of packages to warehouses that actually have staff.

That coupled with the backlog of container ships parked off of LA ports we should feel lucky to know our bikes should be getting shipped soon. Be patient if you can. That certainly isn’t my strong suit, but I’m trying. 😀

Looks like folks are receiving their 2021s! Sweet looking line up!
242516429_10223700097944206_6909772419550183399_n.jpg
243627365_10223640290367761_7688419952844863089_n.jpg

Just got feedback (re bikes in Canada)
"The bikes have already arrived to our warehouses and are being prepped to be dispatched.
You will get a tracking number once a label has been generated.
We are almost there! Thank you for weathering through the storm with us."

Hay Eleven AD, is that the RX Pro? did it come with the foldup stand? I don't see the stand listed in any of the specs and they never show that side in any pictures.

Looks like folks are receiving their 2021s! Sweet looking line up!
View attachment 101432View attachment 101434
Well I have to say the RX Pro looks great, but the leisure step through reinforcement looks terrible. Several inches of step through height lost, and all those exposed welds when the rest of the bike is relatively clean. Definitely not designed well, so it looks like somebody realized there was inherent weakness after the prototypes were built.

Also, you can see how they just chonked a piece on the top to replace the top tube at the headset intersection instead of forging a completely unique battery section for the step through models. When you compare to the early render Rize Tweeted out for the City, it's quite obvious.

Not impressed. :-(

20210928_170540.jpg

We got the RX today! Overall impression is I am really thrilled with the build quality of the bike itself. The massive battery is on the charger so I havent gotten to play with it under power. The groupset is the Alio not a sram or xt. We will see how that holds up and if it needs to be changed out later so be it.

Its the industrial look like Restoration Hardware. When its all covered in dust and mud, no-one will notice. :))

Looks great Saltybrad, did it come with handle bars or was that an accessory I missed :))? Im envious, mine hasn't shipped yet, I think they are very busy Canada.

I am really thrilled I was able to get it today. Tomorrow morning at 7 am I am getting a l4-l5-s1 fusion. Putting this together tonight is going to serve as a really great motivator to get better.

View attachment 101461
We got the RX today! Overall impression is I am really thrilled with the build quality of the bike itself. The massive battery is on the charger so I havent gotten to play with it under power. The groupset is the Alio not a sram or xt. We will see how that holds up and if it needs to be
Looks great Saltybrad, did it come with handle bars or was that an accessory I missed :))? Im envious, mine hasn't shipped yet, I think they are very busy Canada.
Haha, you didn't check the "handlbars' box? ;-P

Well I have to say the RX Pro looks great, but the leisure step through reinforcement looks terrible. Several inches of step through height lost, and all those exposed welds when the rest of the bike is relatively clean. Definitely not designed well, so it looks like somebody realized there was inherent weakness after the prototypes were built.

Also, you can see how they just chonked a piece on the top to replace the top tube at the headset intersection instead of forging a completely unique battery section for the step through models. When you compare to the early render Rize Tweeted out for the City, it's quite obvious.

Not impressed. :-(
Well a few months ago i did see a guy in the Facebook owners group who's 2019/20 Leisure ST snapped completely in half, maybe they want to be sure this does not happen with the 2021s. I dont mind the look of the Leisure at all but i agree the RX Looks sweeter for sure! I cant wait to see the other models!

Hay Eleven AD, is that the RX Pro? did it come with the foldup stand? I don't see the stand listed in any of the specs and they never show that side in any pictures.
Im not sure, i just got these pics off the owners group, people should be posting more in the next few days.

View attachment 101461
We got the RX today! Overall impression is I am really thrilled with the build quality of the bike itself. The massive battery is on the charger so I havent gotten to play with it under power. The groupset is the Alio not a sram or xt. We will see how that holds up and if it needs to be changed out later so be it.

The guy from Rize lied to me about the groupset, I have the email i'm going to make note of his name. I was mad when I saw the Alivio. I've already ordered the SLX 12- speed groupset. The Alivio 9-speed isn't going to cut it. Although Alivio is what's advertised so I can't be too mad. Two thing I did right away was install Stamp Brothers pedals and swap the tires for Schwalbe Hurricane DD since most of my riding will be on pavement, but I would still be able to ride light trails without swapping tires.

Attachments

• IMG20210928181512.jpg
    IMG20210928181512.jpg
    485.4 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG20210928181834.jpg
    IMG20210928181834.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
The guy from Rize lied to me about the groupset, I have the email i'm going to make note of his name. I was mad when I saw the Alivio. I've already ordered the SLX 12- speed groupset. The Alivio 9-speed isn't going to cut it. Although Alivio is what's advertised so I can't be too mad. Two thing I did right away was install Stamp Brothers pedals and swap the tires for Schwalbe Hurricane DD since most of my riding will be on pavement, but I would still be able to ride light trails without swapping tires.
Regarding going to 12 speed, I would suggest you ride it a bit prior to changing that. The Ultra is an absolute torque monster. In my mind it hard to even justify the 9 speeds. 6 or 7 would be plenty, especially for use on pavement.....

On level pavement, my RX Pro fatty is easy to accelerate from a stop in 5th gear, without exceeding 200 watts, even with the extra rolling resistance of the fat tires on it.....

Regarding going to 12 speed, I would suggest you ride it a bit prior to changing that. The Ultra is an absolute torque monster. In my mind it hard to even justify the 9 speeds. 6 or 7 would be plenty, especially for use on pavement.....

On level pavement, my RX Pro fatty is easy to accelerate from a stop in 5th gear, without exceeding 200 watts, even with the extra rolling resistance of the fat tires on it.....
In regards to the power I feel like PAS 1 is providing too much assist. I could not find a way to adjust power delivery per level.

In regards to the power I feel like PAS 1 is providing too much assist. I could not find a way to adjust power delivery per level.
That is an inherent problem with the stock Bafang programming and always has been. It's pretty jumpy off the line and "could" be a lot smoother across the entire power band. Those of us with the last of the UART Controllers in our Ultras have the ability to change much of the tune and make them significantly nicer with just a cable off amazon and a free utility download, but the new motors use the CAN bus protocol. It doesn't seem like anyone has cracked that fully yet and produced a utility, but just based on some internet chatter and forum posts on a few sites, I suspect it's on the way.

Agree! I got mine put together about 10pm last night and took it for a quick spin around the block. There is a bit of a delay and when the motor kicks in the torque is super high. It would be good to dial that back just a tad. All in all, I love the bike though.

Back