2020 : Our Rides in Words, Photos & Videos

• Thread starter Deleted member 18083
  • Start date
"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
1591216014592.png

Last edited:
Outrunning The Heat, Dusty Gravel Roads, and Lots of Cows

I had planned to be risen and shining by 7am, but, as things like this are planned a prior day and not the morning of, nothing like that happened. When I finally got my eyes open this morning, it was already 8:30. Rolling over and going back to sleep was such a delightful option, but my ever-logical and fact-keeping brain said that going back to sleep was not going to net me my 25 mile of cycling this morning.

And the heat was already at 78(F) and rising faster than I was.

Despite my (halfhearted) attempts to hurry (which wasn't happening), get the horses tucked in the stable with their fans blowing cool air on high and their breakfast served (which did happen because they would have been very, very upset with me if it hadn't) and jump on my bike by 9am (yeah...no, that wasn't happening, either), I did manage to get myself underway by 10am (actually 20 minutes later than that, but who's counting anyway). I checked my farm's weather station before I rode down the driveway. It was already up to 80(F). The heat was scheduled to hit 90(F) by noon. Which meant I had 2 hours to ride 25 miles. (Yeah...good luck with that).

My reward was going to be a lovely quiet ride on our local gravel roads, and the remainder of the day spent inside napping in the cold AC.

I was ready.

Map-6-3-2020.jpg

I still have my camera for taking photographs, but my ebike friend 100 miles south sent me a video of her ride last night taken by her latest "toy" - a Cycliq Fly12 Bike Camera. I've decided this would be an awesome way to spend the $538 I just got from Specialized as part of their "Buy a Vado 4.0" rebate program back in April. The prepaid Visa card arrived just a few days ago and has been burning a hole in my pocket. So what better way to spend the money then on a bike accessory? Yes, I thought you'd agree!

So, until it arrives in the mail, allow me to share the photographs from my "25 Mile Morning Race From The Heat."

Heading south towards Upperville I wanted to take this exquisite little unimproved gravel road simply for its charm and the unique way it makes one feel like they are traveling back in time. This is the head of the road, and I've shared so many photos of the route in the past that I decided to just sit and enjoy the views without pausing - like one would sit in a move theater and enjoy the flicker of film frames - all panoramic.

0603200942-small.jpg

One of the farms on this road is a beautiful estate, Fox Covert Farm, owned by a former equestrian Olympian, Jimmy Wofford. The photograph below was taken of Jimmy and "Kilkenny" during the steeplechase phase of the 3 Day event at the 1968 Olympics held in Mexico. They won the team Silver Medal in 1968 and 1972. His place used to be extensively used for training up-and-coming riders and horses for 3 Day Eventing competition, but not so much anymore. He is now relaxing and doing mostly fishing, if his Facebook page is any clue. However, his farm continues to be a lovely place with spectacular views of the Blue Ridge. No horses in the fields because (I'm guessing here) they are all in stalls in the main stable, happily out of the heat and snoozing in front of cooling floor fans.
JCW-and-Kilkenny-1968-Mexico-Olympics-Steeplechase-Phase-small.jpg

At the bottom of the old road is an old bridge which I've mentioned before. This time I did pause, principally to peer over the side of the bridge to watch the creek flowing underneath. And to take a shot of the brass plaque in the middle of the bridge.

0603200953-small.jpg

The road had been quiet with no one but my bike and I, until I neared the end and saw one lone jogger, also out to get her miles in before the heat claimed her. We exchanged greetings, and I'm pretty sure she thought she would rather be biking than running. I knew for sure I'd rather be biking, too. Running is so NOT my thing anymore. Neither is jumping fences. I really have to admire any foxhunter who can barrel down this hill at a gallop, leap this "chicken coop" at the bottom directly onto a gravel road, and then do a sharp turn left or right onto the road because there is no jumpable fence on the opposite side of the road because the creek is right there. I'm sure Jimmy Wofford wouldn't have batted an eye negotiating this leap.

I think I'll just stick to my bike now, and keep my feet close to the ground, thank you very much.
0603200956-40.jpg

A few miles west on the highway (Rt 50) through the lovely village of Upperville (speed limit 25 MPH), and then back on the country roads heading north, passing by the estate of Llangollen. I really tried to get a decent shot of the house (a mile away) but my phone camera wasn't up to the task. the main house is in the middle of the photograph. That tiny white dot. See it?
0603201014-small.jpg

This was me with my pair about 10 years or so ago in front of the house, just to give you a flavor of the scale of the building. It is magnificent up close.
DSC_0486-Libby-Flag-Llangollen-cropped-25perc.jpg

The youtube video was made when the estate (once again) was being offered for sale to the next millionaire/billionaire for a cool $34 million.

By now I'd reached 10 miles, and stopped to check in with my farm's weather station. It was recording 83(F), but I had a great breeze and lots of shade on the road. So far the heat wasn't a bother...yet... and I rolled on.

I did find out that my presence on the road - there was really nobody else out either on a bike or in a vehicle - was of great interest to the cattle in Cleremont Farm's fields I passed. I had observed an entire line of Angus cattle, about 20 or more, walking in a regimented line right to the corner of the field where it met the road, and knew we were going to meet up. I thought they had a purpose to their march, but it turns out ...what they hoped to find, they didn't. When they got to the corner they stopped, saw me, grouped in for a photograph, and then, with singleminded pupose, turned around together, lined up in formation, and marched back off down the fenceline in a perfect nose-to-tail line. I think - and forgive me if I get this wrong because I'm not a bovine - that this group was young and had no elder cow to tell them that the corner of the field they had marched to expecting to find trees .... had none to lie under, so their march was in vain. I felt bad for them as the cooling woods had been fenced off (because of the protected creeks), but...what could I do except watch them head off again, hopeful to find shade somewhere.
0603201028a-small.jpg

Carl Lindgren, owner of Cleremont Farm, is a super cool guy who is a HUGE supporter of the historic roads district. He met me out on his gravel road one day a few years back when I was picking up road litter with my Class 2 ebike and its little kiddie-trailer-converted-to-trash-trailer. He was driving this old beat up truck, and I had no clue who he was until he introduced himself and thanked me for cleaning the road. He was amused by my bike and thought it was a pretty clever way to do litter pickup. We must have talked for a half hour, and I received the nicest invitation to ride my horse and drive my carriage through his 1,000 acre farm anytime. His brother owns the 1,000 acres across the road, up against the mountain, and I was graciously given permission to ride through there on my horse whenever I wanted. Too bad I never thought to ask if I could take my bike through the property onto the old road intersecting his farm. Maybe next time.

Here is Cleremont Farm:

The road decided to meander north now, leading me into Trappe - a very old, long disappeared community with just the remnants left of what once was a small, thriving village in the 1940's - I happened to see at the top of the road a very inquisitive doe standing out in the middle of the road wondering what the heck I was doing out in the heat. She didn't move an inch as I stopped my bike, got off, took off my gloves, rummaged around looking for my phone camera in the pannier it was tucked into, found it, turned it on, got the camera app up, and raised the camera to take a picture. It took long enough that she probably had fallen asleep by the time I got myself organized. I glad she was so patient.

0603201037-small=captioned.jpg

By now the heat was starting to get a touch oppressive if one stood still long enough, so after Ms. Doe gracefully leaped into the roadside brush out of sight, I stopped at the top of the hill to photograph the old abandoned truck standing next to the old abandoned service station that hadn't seen any action since the last half century.
0603201039-small.jpg

I headed on, still traveling steadily northward, or as steadily as the vague road decided it wanted to go. At least it did so with lots of trees in close proximity, so with the cool breeze courtesy of my bike rolling along, and the deep shade courtesy of the "not socially distanced" crowds of trees muscling each other for any available sunny opening, I was still enjoying a nice, cooling ride towards Bluemont where I would grab the paved road for a few swift miles heading east. Ramp up the breezes to "fan on high" levels.

By the time I got to the head of my adopted road in Airmont, I had logged 20 miles so it was time to check my farm weather station on the internet. It was already up to 85(F), and the clock was ticking away towards noon. Still, I had wanted to do a bit of litter pickup, so my final 5 miles home heading south were pretty much stop and start. I did have two motorists slow down to call out a "thank you!" through their open windows (how sweet was that!) and one checking to make sure I was OK (since I was stopped at the side of the road). Everyone received a heartfelt thank you in return, and by the time I was finished (after 3 times stopping to offload the litter into a convenient trash cans of owners who have given me permission to do so), leaving a sparkling clean road behind me, I was cruising back up my driveway just as the GPS odometer turned 25 miles, and just as temps hit 87(F). I stepped off the bike and as soon as my self-made breeze ended I got hit in the face with a wall of hot, humid air. In less than a second I was sweating more than I had for the entire ride.

The bike got hustled into the garage right quick, plugged in, and I beat it for the kitchen to dunk my head in the sink under some nice cold water.

Gotta tell ya - AC never felt this good! Time now for my well deserved nap.

Attachments

• JCW-and-Kilkenny-1968-Mexico-Olympics-Steeplechase-Phase.jpg
    JCW-and-Kilkenny-1968-Mexico-Olympics-Steeplechase-Phase.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Outrunning The Heat, Dusty Gravel Roads, and Lots of Cows

I had planned to be risen and shining by 7am, but, as things like this are planned a prior day and not the morning of, nothing like that happened. When I finally got my eyes open this morning, it was already 8:30. Rolling over and going back to sleep was such a delightful option, but my ever-logical and fact-keeping brain said that going back to sleep was not going to net me my 25 mile of cycling this morning.

And the heat was already at 78(F) and rising faster than I was.

Despite my (halfhearted) attempts to hurry (which wasn't happening), get the horses tucked in the stable with their fans blowing cool air on high and their breakfast served (which did happen because they would have been very, very upset with me if it hadn't) and jump on my bike by 9am (yeah...no, that wasn't happening, either), I did manage to get myself underway by 10am (actually 20 minutes later than that, but who's counting anyway). I checked my farm's weather station before I rode down the driveway. It was already up to 80(F). The heat was scheduled to hit 90(F) by noon. Which meant I had 2 hours to ride 25 miles. (Yeah...good luck with that).

My reward was going to be a lovely quiet ride on our local gravel roads, and the remainder of the day spent inside napping in the cold AC.

I was ready.

View attachment 54354

I still have my camera for taking photographs, but my ebike friend 100 miles south sent me a video of her ride last night taken by her latest "toy" - a Cycliq Fly12 Bike Camera. I've decided this would be an awesome way to spend the $538 I just got from Specialized as part of their "Buy a Vado 4.0" rebate program back in April. The prepaid Visa card arrived just a few days ago and has been burning a hole in my pocket. So what better way to spend the money then on a bike accessory? Yes, I thought you'd agree!

So, until it arrives in the mail, allow me to share the photographs from my "25 Mile Morning Race From The Heat."

Heading south towards Upperville I wanted to take this exquisite little unimproved gravel road simply for its charm and the unique way it makes one feel like they are traveling back in time. This is the head of the road, and I've shared so many photos of the route in the past that I decided to just sit and enjoy the views without pausing - like one would sit in a move theater and enjoy the flicker of film frames - all panoramic.

View attachment 54326

One of the farms on this road is a beautiful estate, Fox Covert Farm, owned by a former equestrian Olympian, Jimmy Wofford. The photograph below was taken of Jimmy and "Kilkenny" during the steeplechase phase of the 3 Day event at the 1968 Olympics held in Mexico. They won the team Silver Medal in 1968 and 1972. His place used to be extensively used for training up-and-coming riders and horses for 3 Day Eventing competition, but not so much anymore. He is now relaxing and doing mostly fishing, if his Facebook page is any clue. However, his farm continues to be a lovely place with spectacular views of the Blue Ridge. No horses in the fields because (I'm guessing here) they are all in stalls in the main stable, happily out of the heat and snoozing in front of cooling floor fans.
View attachment 54329

At the bottom of the old road is an old bridge which I've mentioned before. This time I did pause, principally to peer over the side of the bridge to watch the creek flowing underneath. And to take a shot of the brass plaque in the middle of the bridge.

View attachment 54327

The road had been quiet with no one but my bike and I, until I neared the end and saw one lone jogger, also out to get her miles in before the heat claimed her. We exchanged greetings, and I'm pretty sure she thought she would rather be biking than running. I knew for sure I'd rather be biking, too. Running is so NOT my thing anymore. Neither is jumping fences. I really have to admire any foxhunter who can barrel down this hill at a gallop, leap this "chickencoop" at the bottom directly onto a gravel road, and then do a sharp turn left or right onto the road because there is no jumpable fence on the opposite side of the road because the creek is right there.

I think I'll just stick to my bike now, and keep my feet close to the ground, thank you.
View attachment 54349

A few miles west on the highway (Rt 50) through the lovely village of Upperville (speed limit 25 MPH), and then back on the country roads heading north, passing by the estate of Llangollen. I really tried to get a decent shot of the house (a mile away) but my phone camera wasn't up to the task. the main house is in the middle of the photograph. That tiny white dot. See it?
View attachment 54347

This was me with my pair about 10 years or so ago in front of the house, just to give you a flavor of the scale of the building. It is magnificent up close.
View attachment 54350

The youtube video was made when the estate (once again) was being offered for sale to the next millionaire/billionaire for a cool $34 million.

By now I'd reached 10 miles, and stopped to check in with my farm's weather station. It was recording 83(F), but I had a great breeze and lots of shade on the road. So far the heat wasn't a bother...yet... and I rolled on.

I did find out that my presence on the road - there was really nobody else out either on a bike or in a vehicle - was of great interest to the cattle in Clairmont Farm's fields I passed. I had observed an entire line of Angus cattle, about 20 or more, walking in a regimented line right to the corner of the field where it met the road, and knew we were going to meet up. I thought they had a purpose to their march, but it turns out ...what they hoped to find, they didn't. When they got to the corner they stopped, saw me, grouped in for a photograph, and then, with singleminded pupose, turned around together, lined up in formation, and marched back off down the fenceline in a perfect nose-to-tail line. I think - and forgive me if I get this wrong because I'm not a bovine - that this group was young and had no elder cow to tell them that the corner of the field they had marched to expecting to find trees had none to lie under, so their march was in vain. I felt bad for them as the cooling woods had been fenced off (because of the protected creeks), but...what could I do except watch them head off again, hopeful to find shade somewhere.
View attachment 54330

Carl Ingram, owner of Clairmont Farm, is a super cool guy who is a HUGE supporter of the historic roads district. He met me out on his gravel road on day a few years back when I was picking up road litter with my Class 2 and the little trash trailer. He was driving this old beat up truck, and I had no clue who he was until he introduced himself and thanked me for cleaning the road. He was amused by my bike and thought it was a pretty clever way to do litter pickup. We must have talked for a half hour, and I received the nicest invitation to ride my horse and my carriage through his 1,000 acre farm anytime. His brother owns the 1,000 acres across the road, up against the mountain, and I was graciously given permission to ride through there on my horse whenever I wanted. Too bad I never thought to ask if I could take my bike through the property onto the old road intersecting his farm. Maybe next time.

Here is Clairmont Farm:

The road decided to meander north now, leading me into Trappe - a very old, long disappeared community with just the remnants left of what once was a small, thriving village in the 1940's - I happened to see at the top of the road a very inquisitive doe standing out in the middle of the road wondering what the heck I was doing out in the heat. She didn't move an inch as I stopped my bike, got off, took off my gloves, rummaged around looking for my phone camera in the pannier it was tucked into, found it, turned it on, got the camera app up, and raised the camera to take a picture. It took long enough that she probably had fallen asleep by the time I got myself organized. I glad she was so patient.

View attachment 54334

By now the heat was starting to get a touch oppressive if one stood still long enough, so after Ms. Doe gracefully leaped into the roadside brush out of sight, I stopped at the top of the hill to photograph the old truck standing next to the abandoned service station that hadn't seen any action since the last half century.
View attachment 54337

I headed on, still traveling steadily northward, or as steadily as the vague road decided it wanted to go. At least it did so with lots of trees in close proximity, so with the cool breeze courtesy of my bike rolling along, and the deep shade courtesy of the "not socially distanced" crowds of trees muscling each other for any available sunny opening, I was still enjoying a nice, cooling ride towards Bluemont where I would grab the paved road for a few swift miles heading east. Ramp up the breezes to "fan on high" levels.

By the time I got to the head of my adopted road in Airmont, I had logged 20 miles so it was time to check my farm weather station on the internet. It was already up to 85(F), and the clock was ticking away towards noon. Still, I had wanted to do a bit of litter pickup, so my final 5 miles home heading south were pretty much stop and start. I did have two motorists slow down to call out a "thank you!" through their open windows (how sweet was that!) and one checking to make sure I was OK (since I was stopped at the side of the road). Everyone received a heartfelt thank you in return, and by the time I was finished (after 3 times stopping to offload the litter into a convenient trash cans of owners who have given me permission to do so), leaving a sparkling clean road behind me, I was cruising back up my driveway just as the GPS odometer turned 25 miles, and just as temps hit 87(F). I stepped off the bike and as soon as my self-made breeze ended I got hit in the face with a wall of hot, humid air. In less than a second I was sweating more than I had for the entire ride.

The bike got hustled into the garage right quick, plugged in, and I beat it for the kitchen to dunk my head in the sink under some nice cold water.

Gotta tell ya - AC never felt this good!
Remarkable - I love your ride reports... thanks

@Stefan Mikes - I actually don't have much of a problem with vibrations on our gravel roads because I tend not to ride the roads after they've been "groomed" by VDOT's road graders, or had been top-dressed with a fresh layer of gravel. I only ride them when traffic has pounded down a set of tire "travel lanes" that are smooth and rock free. When I ride those smoothed lanes any vibrations coming through the handlbars are minimal, especially important since my LaFree doesn't have front shocks.

That said, when I am on rougher surfaces, I tend to release my hands from the grips until I have only a light touch to guide the bike. If I have to grab with a death grip, I ride slower so that (again) the vibrations of the road are minimal.

I tend to run my tires a touch under-inflated. Max is 60 psi for the LaFree's tires, so I pump only up to 50-53 psi. As others have stated, pumping air to just below the maximum allows a bit of give to the tire to absorb road imperfections rather than having a maximum pressured tire channel all that roughness up the stem and into one's hands.

Personally, I also routinely take one Vitamin B100 before I ride - it makes riding on gravel a non-issue because it stops any issues with compromised nerves in the hands and the wrists feeling painful from vibrations. Had a doctor tell me this decades ago and he was right. My hands feel young and very happy. It also helps regulate metabolism in regards to glucose so that I can skip meals when I'm riding and won't have any blood sugar "spikes" (highs or lows), and it really perks you up so that you're wide awake and ready to roll. Just one B100 does the trick for me for pretty much the entire day, and certainly for an entire bike ride. Don't know if this would fit into your playbook, but it might be food for thought.

@Stefan Mikes - I actually don't have much of a problem with vibrations on our gravel roads because I tend not to ride the roads after they've been "groomed" by VDOT's road graders, or had been top-dressed with a fresh layer of gravel. I only ride them when traffic has pounded down a set of tire "travel lanes" that are smooth and rock free. When I ride those smoothed lanes any vibrations coming through the handlbars are minimal, especially important since my LaFree doesn't have front shocks.

That said, when I am on rougher surfaces, I tend to release my hands from the grips until I have only a light touch to guide the bike. If I have to grab with a death grip, I ride slower so that (again) the vibrations of the road are minimal.

I tend to run my tires a touch under-inflated. Max is 60 psi for the LaFree's tires, so I pump only up to 50-53 psi. As others have stated, pumping air to just below the maximum allows a bit of give to the tire to absorb road imperfections rather than having a maximum pressured tire channel all that roughness up the stem and into one's hands.

Personally, I also routinely take one Vitamin B100 before I ride - it makes riding on gravel a non-issue because it stops any issues with compromised nerves in the hands and the wrists feeling painful from vibrations. Had a doctor tell me this decades ago and he was right. My hands feel young and very happy. It also helps regulate metabolism in regards to glucose so that I can skip meals when I'm riding and won't have any blood sugar "spikes" (highs or lows), and it really perks you up so that you're wide awake and ready to roll. Just one B100 does the trick for me for pretty much the entire day, and certainly for an entire bike ride. Don't know if this would fit into your playbook, but it might be food for thought.
The problem @Readytoride is the gravel roads are never "groomed" here ;) It is either the fresh crushed stone scattered on the road (the worst!) or the road is already damaged and forms a "grater" (I don't know the proper English form for that) -- which is terrible. Or, potholes form. I was naievely thinking my 150-mil-travel Fox fork would dampen the vibration but it doesn't; same on the cobblestone. I hold the handlebar grips lightly in such a terrain but it is not wrists or arms that suffer but my poor head ;)

Now I can understand it is all about the tyre pressure. I intend to decrease the inflation pressure of my tubeless tyres on the Giant significantly and will decrease the pressure in the inner tubes of my Vado. That would hopefully help, especially with the fixed fork of my Vado.

Thank you for sharing your experiences!

The problem @Readytoride is the gravel roads are never "groomed" here ;) It is either the fresh crushed stone scattered on the road (the worst!) or the road is already damaged and forms a "grater" (I don't know the proper English form for that) -- which is terrible. Or, potholes form. I was naievely thinking my 150-mil-travel Fox fork would dampen the vibration but it doesn't; same on the cobblestone. I hold the handlebar grips lightly in such a terrain but it is not wrists or arms that suffer but my poor head ;)

Now I can understand it is all about the tyre pressure. I intend to decrease the inflation pressure of my tubeless tyres on the Giant significantly and will decrease the pressure in the inner tubes of my Vado. That would hopefully help, especially with the fixed fork of my Vado.

Thank you for sharing your experiences!
Asuming you have the suspension dialed in for your weight... then if you are using the stock seat it is probably a racing seat. Perhaps try something else.

Asuming you have the suspension dialed in for your weight... then if you are using the stock seat it is probably a racing seat. Perhaps try something else.
Oh, no, Steve, the stock saddle in the Giant is a grim joke :) I changed the saddle on the next day after the purchase. The suspension is set up totally properly (I was testing it again even yesterday). It must be the too high pressure in the tyres!

Oh. My. Gosh!!!! What happened to the water???????

Hey Flora

The entire canal system is still closed down across the state over the Coronavirus. The Canal Corp drains all the locks during the winter to prevent ice damage. In a normal year, everything would have been filled up and back running over a month ago, and by now there would be boats and yachts all over the place, many doing the Great Loop trip. It’s the boaters’ version of riding across the country on a bike.

Not sure when it will be back in business, but the sooner the better.

Chargeride...I appreciate your concern...indeed the world has a right to be concerned...an old training partner from So many years ago calls the administration’s response to Covid (and other important matters) ‘incomprehensibly incoherent’. My old friend John Barry is perhaps THE expert on the matter. https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...06391a-7b53-11ea-b6ff-597f170df8f8_story.html
A boutique bike shop in downtown Richmond (25miles away) was looted Saturday night. The owner was interviewed on TV still shell shocked saying “I stepped thru the broken front window Past the thieves carrying away my inventory”
Our problems unfortunately are the world’s...the Captain here has long jumped ship and can be found on the golf course.
Late to this comment but...I watched John as a guest on the Rogan podcast, and subsequently purchased and downloaded his book. It is a pretty intense subject, and he has a lot of research (8 years, I think?) devoted to it. Especially interesting is what happened with setting the stage for the 1918/1919 epidemic to become what it ended up being - a devastating disruptive influence worldwide.

Wilson makes Trump look like a lightweight however. Even as Trump flails around, thinking the virus was nothing more that a great excuse for getting his mug on daily TV...until it suddenly wasn't...Wilson did far worse. Millions died because of his actions. And his inactions.

I had studied the 1918 pandemic last year in about September as a curiosity, but never realized Wilson's part in it until I started reading Barry's book.

If history repeats itself, and it has for millenniums, we've got a long way to go before we see this virus begin to fade. Years.

I'm so sorry for that bike shop owner.

Last edited:
Hey Flora

The entire canal system is still closed down across the state over the Coronavirus. The Canal Corp drains all the locks during the winter to prevent ice damage. In a normal year, everything would have been filled up and back running over a month ago, and by now there would be boats and yachts all over the place, many doing the Great Loop trip. It’s the boaters’ version of riding across the country on a bike.

Not sure when it will be back in business, but the sooner the better.
Such a shame. One would think the water would provide for pretty good social distancing since boats don't like being crowded.

We live three miles from the Waterford Wall, the visitor’s center and public dock at the point where the canal meets the Hudson. Every night in a normal summer there are sailboats and powerboats moored along the wall with people from literally all over the world, many doing the Loop on their way out to the Great Lakes or down to NYC. It’s interesting to ride the bike down from our house past those locks and just chat with some of these guys. I had no idea the Great Loop was even a thing till I got talking to some retired people from Seattle one evening a few years ago.

Lots of those boats have ebikes on their decks too these days, to get around in the towns where they spend the night or a couple of days. The smaller folding types seem very popular.

Back