2020 : Our Rides in Words, Photos & Videos

• Thread starter Deleted member 18083
  • Start date
Not interested in the new year …

Borallan, Queensland

Borallan, Queensland
This little herd of our favourite beasts often watch me pass by on a short ride from home. The country road on the right leads down to the Brisbane River whilst the road that I was on heads north and west and in almost every other direction before deciding that it too must cross the river somewhere. This is a place of quiet roads… some gravel, some tar, but all gently looping and bumping their way around the farmlands west of Brisbane.

Long may the grass remain green and the cattle munch contentedly.

What the stuffing is?

You can see some photo referring to the book/movie in this post.
In the map you're referring to, I forgot to mention the Cuyavian-Pomorian Voivodeship, where I had a 2020 ride, too. So I had been to 9 of 16 Polish provinces with my e-bikes in 2020. Pomoria, Greater Poland, Silesia, Subcarpathia, Podlasie, Opole as well as Lubuskie are provinces I should visit in 2021 :)
Bialy stuffed with chopped onion, poppy and sesame seeds.

Not interested in the new year …

View attachment 75676
Borallan, Queensland
This little herd of our favourite beasts often watch me pass by on a short ride from home. The country road on the right leads down to the Brisbane River whilst the road that I was on heads north and west and in almost every other direction before deciding that it too must cross the river somewhere. This is a place of quiet roads… some gravel, some tar, but all gently looping and bumping their way around the farmlands west of Brisbane.

Long may the grass remain green and the cattle munch contentedly.
Living in the agriculture belt I'm accustomed to seeing scenes like this on any given day and likely wouldn't give it another thought but your ability to capture such vivid images in their true manner is quite remarkable.

Just a few pics from our Yorkshire trip, beautiful countryside...'Gods own' as Yorkshire people call it.
For the Americans amongst us they kind of sound like Sean Bean but Im sure theyd argue that West Yorkshire sounds nothing like North Yorkshire.
Salt of the Earth and never in a rush.
Screenshot_2021-01-02-20-51-35.png

This is Linton and I kept calling it Clinton because I seem to have Bill Clinton on my mind, we stayed in a little converted barn with a large courtyard that turned out be the base for the local hunt who turned up and took over the entire village.

Screenshot_2021-01-02-20-48-47.png

We did a sort of gorging, climbing down a river through freezing waterfalls through a deep, tight canyon..soaked..cold and happy.
Then after a dry out took the bikes up to the snow covered hills and the wife was completely sold on fatbikes.

Screenshot_2021-01-02-20-48-09.png

Then on to Bolton Abbey a partially derelict 12th century priory/Abbey...fell out with a thousand people by cycling the wrong way along the the covid one way system by mistake.
Ignoring walking directions in England is right up there with jumping the queue while giving the nazi salute.
We survived by apologising 627 times.
Screenshot_2021-01-02-20-48-37.png

They might not be the highest Dales in the world , but they are stunning, completely free of anything that can eat you or give you a tropical disease.

Of course now all I want to do is ride in the snow and Imagine Im an artic explorer.

3rd lockdown blues.
Double checked the rules and you can travel a 'short' distance outside your 'local' area to exercise, which includes two clearly unquantifiable measurements you can use as ammo for a spirited conversation with any plod who decides to do the very un British thing of trying to enforce a law that a gentleman wouldnt respect.
With that in mind, I took a short 20m drive to go for a blast in the snow and Im still smiling hours later.
I'll post some pics.
Mostly snow.

I've visited this Tower/Folly before in my Tower vid, thought I'd try it in the light snow., its no Aspen, but just enough to get the ambiance.
Its a bridle path so plenty of warm horse poo had melted the snow by the gates, seems horsies like to relieve themselves at these points.
sn2.jpg

This picture doesnt do justice to how cute this path is in the snow, with little waterfalls in the gulley next it, magical with the winter sun flickering in your eyes and the crunch of the tyres on crispy snow.
sn3.jpg

I saw my first human while setting up this shot, a fell runner who was very high on the delights of nature and did a full Sound of music spin, thinking I was filming it, I wasnt.
sn4.jpg

The Tower was closed because someone had fallen down the icy steps, or so I was told by the thee borderline homeless guys stood at the bottom of it drinking cans of Stella at 10am, kind of spoilt the effect, though they did offer me one.
I love this suggested imagery of riding off into challenging trails unknown and I did consider editing the video with a haunting track, so I could watch it back and dream.
sn7.jpg

Anyway that's all were going to get and if climate change is real I might have to move to Sweden.

Back