2020 : Our Rides in Words, Photos & Videos

• Thread starter Deleted member 18083
  • Start date
I expect your FS 9 EQ has the top-end Shimano shifter. It can downshift with one, two or three gears, depending on the travel you give to the lever. It is a very very good thing because if you need to stop and then restart your ride, it is proper to start in a low gear. What's even better, the upshift lever works both ways... Have you tried it yet?
Yes, I have, and it's amazing, I don't how I got along before without it. Never again though! The dropper post too, game changer!!!
It's funny, every now and then I'll have a flashback of the front derailleur lever and push it, next thing you know I'm practically sitting on the rear tire :eek: A little eye opening for sure hahaha.

What an amazing accomplishment! People get all caught up in the e-mobility, green virtues of ebikes and rightfully so. However, the amazing health benefits of ebikes, while not altogether ignored, is a benefit yet to be fully appreciated and publicized.

Both of us are clear evidence that the fun, freedom, and pure pleasure of riding an ebike can produce astounding benefits of health and vitality.

I so enjoy the tales, photos and stats of your rides through the Scottish countryside, that you share with us in such a consistent and detailed fashion. Thank you for the time you spend in sharing your adventures. I, for one, greatly appreciate the glimpse you give us in to the beauty and charms of Scotland.
Thank you, I just love sharing my rides on here! You really hit the nail on the head regarding e bikes! :)

The wifes sister got married and I was dragged kicking and screaming into making the video, its a whole different ball game making a wedding video... So I just videod everything and editing it is taking over my life....never again.
So my holiday vid had to be lashed together, musics a bit annoying...scenery is gorgeous, and the icing on the cake was the wife getting soaked on the beach in her walking gear. So sweet I put it as the thumbnail.
Yes I melted another hub, my own fault, you cant ride slow with a hub drive, efficiency goes out the window and it just makes heat, it started making some pretty serious noises near the top, you can hear them at the start of the video, the end has a close up of the gears and there doesnt seem to be anything wrong, but it lurches under power and sounds like its skipping teeth I'll see if new cogs fix it. I actually love the performance and normality of the bike.
Well done... thanks for sharing your video!

Short rides from the week including the spooky beginnings
IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0455.JPG

Winter is coming
IMG_0447.JPG

I showed my donkey Hank (and his filly GF) the picture of these two but he didn't know them
IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

What a day! Amazing weather, traffic was on the lighter side thankfully. I have about 12 to 13 miles one way on the streets to get to the trails that I ride (Gwynn Falls, Druid Hill State Park, Jones Falls) Kind of a bummer that Strava crapped out on me, :( I don't really care that much, I know how much I ride! I've rode about 74 miles so far this week, so won't have to much to advise on yet, but a more in-depth analysis to come. One thing I have noticed is that the shifters shift very short. When I had the Allant, the shifts were normal, but now if I give the shifter a normal travel, I end up shifting two gears at least. So I have started giving them a light touch.

Can't wait til tomorrow, RIDE ON!!!!
I'd take that bike to bed with me at night ... and I'm an MTB rider. Get it insured. asap

The wifes sister got married and I was dragged kicking and screaming into making the video, its a whole different ball game making a wedding video...
So I just videod everything and editing it is taking over my life....never again.
So my holiday vid had to be lashed together, musics a bit annoying...scenery is gorgeous, and the icing on the cake was the wife getting soaked on the beach in her walking gear.
So sweet I put it as the thumbnail.
Yes I melted another hub, my own fault, you cant ride slow with a hub drive, efficiency goes out the window and it just makes heat, it started making some pretty serious noises near the top, you can hear them at the start of the video, the end has a close up of the gears and there doesnt seem to be anything wrong, but it lurches under power and sounds like its skipping teeth
I'll see if new cogs fix it.
I actually love the performance and normality of the bike.
Your beautiful video made my day, so thank you for that.

I stuck to the local trails today for what might have been my final ride on the Creo before the snow starts to fly. It was 0 C when I left the house and dipped to -2C at one point. The overcast skies throughout the day also added to a somewhat melancholy tone to the outing.
Screenshot_2020-11-06 Garmin Connect.jpg

Screenshot_2020-11-06 Garmin Connect(1).jpg

IMG_20201106_1407352.jpg

Roadside wildlife
IMG_20201106_1511057.jpg

McKenzie Trails Wetlands- Never know what you’re going to run into along the way….
A cow moose and her two calves. The last thing I wanted to do was to play interloper during their grazing time particularly with a watchful mother. Snapped a few shots and quietly slipped away.
IMG_20201106_1542278.jpgIMG_20201106_1544002.jpgIMG_20201106_1544213.jpgIMG_20201106_1549295.jpg
Heritage Ranch - The wagon swaps its wheels for skis and the stable offers sleigh rides during the winter season.
IMG_20201106_1434545.jpgIMG_20201106_1435122.jpg
More images along the city's trail system
IMG_20201106_1415368.jpgIMG_20201106_1426234.jpgIMG_20201106_1427476.jpgIMG_20201106_1442388.jpgIMG_20201106_1519512.jpg
A final Stopover at Sweet Capone's bakery to pick up some salted caramel cannoli before heading home to warm up my toes! 🥶
IMG_20201106_1457377.jpgIMG_20201106_1457434.jpg

After the rain (and wind!) …

Brisbane Valley Rail Trail, Wanora, Queensland

Brisbane Valley Rail Trail
Wanora, SE Queensland
6.45 am; 7 km from home
The grass is green, the cows are happy (Do they do 'happy'?), the dam is full and more than half of the old tree is down.

We could have managed without the wind.

Last edited by a moderator:
we were waling form the bike shop after dropping our tandem off it had a couple loose spokes had to turn around on the start of our ride. got a couple good pics. the first one was doing some light hail. turned around and got this great pic of the light on the Tree and a rainbow in back.

IMG_1808.jpg
IMG_1810.jpg

Well, it was a nice warm day anyway. That little step where you make sure that you didn’t forget to open the presta valve before blasting the CO2 like a complete idiot? Yeah, that’s kind of important.

View attachment 70837
You are not the first and certainly not the last! ;) I bought one of these https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lezyne-control-drive-co2 which allows you to turn it on and off, works a treat!

I had a strange problem with my bike, the Evo display was just constantly flashing on and off and nothing worked at all:( Today I connected the battery again and it switched on normally, very strange indeed! I connected the app and everything was working perfectly so I just hope the fault doesn't come back to haunt me! Sadly the weather is awful today so no chance to try it out on the road....

After the rain (and wind!) …

View attachment 70858
Brisbane Valley Rail Trail
Wanora, SE Queensland
6.45 am; 7 km from home
The grass is green, the cows are happy (Do they do 'happy'?), the dam is full and more than half of the old tree is down.

We could have managed without the wind.

Question regarding the green & red tree:
Is it a green tree turning red, or a red tree turning green?
Had to look twice because I was thinking it’s Fall and trees (particularly maples) turn from green to vibrant red. But then I realized you are not in Fall but starting Summer. Regardless, it’s still a pretty tree.

Learning To Ride Slowly (Or, a KPN Ride With Agata)

Agata, an architect. She likes riding off-road, she loves riding in the Kampinos National Park (KPN) -- of which all secrets she knows, and she rides a nice cyclocross traditional bike. (Yes, her bike's aggressive tyres seem to be too narrow but we are working on that now) :) So rode we off from her place in Warsaw at 10:00 a.m with a promise we would be riding mostly off-road. Out of respect to the Traditional Cyclist, I rode my Trance E+ solely in Eco mode, even decreasing the assistance to 75% later to equalise chances.

We were promised sunny weather. No. It was dreary and it even rained a little. We both wore good clothes though (with a reserve, just in case) and we felt warm (except of our infrequent stops).

1604861320519.png

This time, I took my repaired Pentax DSLR with me. The first planned stop occurred at the "Biker's Pub", a cafe made by cyclists for cyclists. We had coffee there, and Agata could eat apple plum-pie there (I could not, darn diabetes!)

1604861503310.png

At the Biker's Pub.

1604861554958.png

Now, in the middle of pandemics, the ruling party PiS managed to infuriate many Poles, especially women with their new anti-abortion measures. Mass protests driven mostly by the youth happen everyday. The motto of the protests is ***** *** (or, the Movement of Eight Asterisks) that translates to F**K PiS.

1604861766939.png

Joe Cocker.

1604861824972.png

Agata.

1604861871733.png

Don't even try to make me smile :D I'm actually smiling here, and that still makes me Mr. Serious :D When I don't smile though, I look bad...

1604862096442.png

As an architect, Agata is interested with places, buildings, and history. The National Forest Service bought out many villages inside the KPN making the locals move to other places. Villages have been demolished. All because of the idea that inhabited areas should be returned to Nature. Stupid idea if you ask me. It looks someone is interested to keep this specific house.

1604862372804.png

Agata talking to an old man, one of few survivors. He was telling her some interesting facts about the area.

1604862472905.png

The Epic Crash. I'm standing just after getting up after falling with my e-bike. We climbed onto one of very few ride-able hills in the KPN and continued downhill. I was pursuing Agata. As a heavy man riding an MTB, I rode much faster than she did. Suddenly, her bike buried itself in deep sand. A crash was imminent. I pulled brake levers hard and graciously fell together with my Monster, avoiding the crash :) Believe or not but I'm the World Champion of Falling With The Bike :D No damage, no pain, nothing. I just stood up as if nothing had happened at all! Remember: Wear helmet (and gloves). On a fall, stay on your bike with hands on the grips, feet planted on the pedals, move your elbows and knees inside, and hide your head between your shoulders. It works! (The bike will take the impact, not you).

1604861269854.png

We rode out late. With slow off-road speed, we were jeopardised with returning through the forest at dark. Agata suggested a shortcut. It turned out to be crowded with hikers, cyclists, children and unleashed dogs! As we call it: "It's like Marszałkowska Street during rush hours"! We had to ride at the pace of the slowest hikers, walk our bikes over gangways, or just ride through deep mud... It was just 2400 metres but it got me more tired than the whole ride!

1604863340638.png

Low average speed made miracles on the battery consumption. I finished the ride with 56% of the 625 Wh Giant battery! Notice the speed > 20 mph 24.4 km/h where I had to avoid the collision :)

Last edited:
Back