2017 Racktime Trunk Bag Thread

Thanks for the pics and info. I have a Rixien &Kaul bag with zip down panniers which I like very much, but finding myself not using the panniers as much as I thought I might. I ordered the Vaude bag today because the rack attachment alone costs almost as much as the bag and rack itself. My thinking is that i'll have a smaller bag for around town and will take the larger Rixen& Kaul when needed. The Vaude bag seemed to be a great buy compared to the Rixen & Kauk (if you can find it!!)

This link shows the bag that I want but it does not show the rack adapter with the lock. Where is the rack adapter?

Just bought this bag and like it very much, also came from the Netherlands. The rack is grey, but has the proper adjustment for the narrow racktime rack on the Stromer's. I believe the bag can be purchased with or without the rack from some suppliers. I also used the Trekinn website. Delivery was at least two weeks or so...

This link shows the bag that I want but it does not show the rack adapter with the lock. Where is the rack adapter?
The bag shown to have the 'snap-it' adapter comes with the adapter fixed to the bottom of the bag (its built in and not an item you order separately). The adapter locks into place with a quick release type button. I didn't see a separate key locking system. On the other hand, when I was looking at the Rixen and Kaul bags I seem to recall there was a separate key locking device sold for the Racktime compatible bags. With that device you can leave the bag on the bike and it would theoretically be more secure from theft.

The Vaude bag is working out pretty well for me and I've been using it a lot. Its easy to take off the bike, attach the shoulder strap, and carry with me. My only problem is the water bottle holder. I've lost two water bottles that came flying out whilst traveling over rough terrain. After the first loss, I bought a fatter water bottle made of silicone (generally sold for backpacking). I thought no way that bottle would come loose as it fit very snugly. After I losing that bottle too, I now only carry one bottle in my bottle cage and then transfer that to the bottle holder on the Vaude when I take the bag off the bike and carry it with me. If I had to do it over again, I would probably order the XL. The Large is pretty small. Its working for me in combination with the backpack but it is small. I'm commuting tomorrow and it is currently packed with my clothes for the office (except for pants) and clothes for the ride home, a small multi tool and the rain cover (with a little room left to spare). My jeans are going in my backpack as they won't fit with the other items in the trunk bag (or might fit but the bag would be stuffed to capacity).

I purchased a second Vaude bag for the Riese and Muller (Racktime carrier). The first was the Silkline L. The second is the Silkline Plus. I think the volume of the L might be a bit more but the Plus has some very small fold down pockets that velcro at the bottom to the rack. They are small (emphasis) but handy. In one I have my multi-tool, the rain cover, the shoulder strap, a cover for my Bosch control pad and there is room to spare. A water bottle would fit. The other I can fit a couple of extra hi viz shirts, some socks and ride shorts for the ride home. The Plus does not have the water bottle holder that the L has but as I mentioned with the L, I lost two water bottles that flew out of the holder. The Plus as with the L does have a light attachment and is expandable. The rain cover fits over the entire bag inclusive of the fold down pockets. The pics attached show the Silkline Plus not expanded to full volume.
VaudeP4.JPG
VaudeP1.JPG
VaudeP4.JPG
VaudeP1.JPG
VaudeP3.JPG

Back